M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Walkaround video added:

This is a G80 M3 in Portimao Blue available for sale at a local dealership. I went and checked it out this morning as I hadn't seen a lot G8x in person yet.

As almost everyone is saying it does look much better in person and has great presence. It's hard to capture the front in pictures but as you look at it and walk around it it's sweet!

The grille is absolutely not an issue for my taste and it really feels part of the overall design. The hood design works perfectly with the grille and the lines from hood to grille provide nice continuity and the two indentations in the hood look like a mirror reflection from the grill. I expect the CS or CSL will make those functional vents which will be awesome. A typical hood bump wouldn't have worked as good as what they've done.

I was worried that the bottom black trim wouldn't look good and make the car feel higher off the ground, but I wasn't bothered by it in person specially on this color. I know I'll be dropping the car so that'll be even better.

It didn't have the M Carbon Exterior which I'm planning to get and it didn't have the shadowline lights so those thinking about this option checkout the close-ups of the non shadowline lights here.

I'm not a fan of black interiors in general but the standard seats are very nice and comfy. I'm not considering carbon buckets. It also didn't have the interior CF trim which I really wanted to see and definitely will order.

I also saw the M4 in Tanzanite Blue over Kyalami Orange and I was happy with the orange interior. It's definitely orange but not as bright or loud as some people made it sound. I wouldn't have a problem selecting it on Portimao Blue if that's what I'm going with. The M3 does look sharper and has more presence than the M4 from the side & back. I found the M4 a little too soft and lacks that boxy shape that the M3 has.
Attached Images

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 4
Scorp!on1511.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
Rick955458.50
      02-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

More:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      02-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #3
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

More:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      02-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Finally here's the Gold-Bronze finish on the M2CS wheels that I'm planning to match when I powder-coat the 826M wheels.

I think I'll also do Orange calipers for some extra pop.

Then a nice drop using MP-HAS or aftermarket springs and a set of spacers will finish it off
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1511.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
      02-27-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

MP-HAS, 963M wheels and spacers is what I plan too

Post pics please as soon as you have yours and also when done the mods, eager to see it !

p.s. KO in PO will pop ! will look definetely awesome !
I stay with IOMG and Black interior
Appreciate 2
Dr.Deep1827.00
M3AWD3181.50
      02-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #6
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Thanks for writeup!

Same here, first thing to do is to drop the car, as I do with every of my cars

I plan on going with KW full coils as I'm concerned that MP-HAS drop will be to small, especially for M4, they are talking abou 20mm drop. And overall, have a KWv3 in my M2, very happy with them!
Only question is when...was in touch with KW already but no final release yet, they expect late summer o fall....
They even offered me to get in touch as soon as my car is here and depending how far they are to take it as development car So you would get free labor, and discount on suspension as well, but car would need to go to Germany for 2 weeks...
Appreciate 2
M3AWD3181.50
Scorp!on1511.50
      02-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #7
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
MP-HAS, 963M wheels and spacers is what I plan too

Post pics please as soon as you have yours and also when done the mods, eager to see it !

p.s. KO in PO will pop ! will look definetely awesome !
I stay with IOMG and Black interior
You can't go wrong with IOMG. Although I haven't seen it in person yet I saw the sample today and it's very nice and matched the best photos & videos I've seen of it.

Before going with the M Performance wheels I recommend you look for a reputable wheel repair & powdercoating business and get a quote to powder-coat the stock 826M's. My brother in law has that kind of business and you'll be surprised how amazing refinished stock wheels turn out, whether on a $300k McLaren or a $5k Civic.

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      02-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #8
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Thanks for writeup!

I plan on going with KW full coils as I'm concerned that MP-HAS drop will be to small, especially for M4, they are talking abou 20mm drop. And overall, have a KWv3 in my M2, very happy with them!
Only question is when...was in touch with KW already but no final release yet, they expect late summer o fall....
They even offered me to get in touch as soon as my car is here and depending how far they are to take it as development car So you would get free labor, and discount on suspension as well, but car would need to go to Germany for 2 weeks...
All BMWs can use a drop whether a 1 series or an X7 in my opinion! The M3/M4 sit higher than they should (as usual) and you're right 20mm may be a little too subtle. 25 to 30mm sounds about right so a set or KW's would be nice but expensive. I'll have to look at my options when the time comes and usually I end up with H&R Sport or Eibach springs which some people hate because they are not OEM but to be honest I never had issues or felt a major impact to the way the car drives.

Let us know if you make progress with KW!

Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      02-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #9
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Thanks for writeup!

All BMWs can use a drop whether a 1 series or an X7 in my opinion! The M3/M4 sit higher than they should (as usual) and you're right 20mm may be a little too subtle. 25 to 30mm sounds about right so a set or KW's would be nice but expensive. I'll have to look at my options when the time comes and usually I end up with H&R Sport or Eibach springs which some people hate because they are not OEM but to be honest I never had issues or felt a major impact to the way the car drives.

Let us know if you make progress with KW!
Yes, so true. I would also say BMWs are sitting in general to high, for normal ones ok, but as you say, the Ms are really high stock, audi and merc are doing definitely a better job there with their AMG and RS cars...

I think 20mm may even work for a G80, rear much lower so there it may be perfect, front hard to guess right now until we see some...

Sure, will share once I have some progress with it
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      02-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #10
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Walkaround video added:

Appreciate 2