BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

05-07-2023, 07:32 PM   #23
WraithM5
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, G80 M3C Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThesaVeliona View Post
I don't really understand why people have to argue over this? I mean, I love RS, the new RS6 Performance and S8L are fast and fabulous as hell. But still I love this M2, M3 and M5 as well. Great and fast cars. It's a great time we're living in. A lot of fantastic cars, stop hating just because you like different badge on the bonnet......
Audi doesn’t make good cars that’s just a fact.
22 G80 M3 XDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #24
ThesaVeliona
Starry_Angel
Rep
Drives: '02 Lexus IS300 / '15 BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithM5 View Post
Audi doesn’t make good cars that’s just a fact.
And BMW doesn't either. No need to have a argument about this. I thought we could respect opinions l, not lash them out.
      05-07-2023, 07:36 PM   #25
WraithM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
And BMW doesn't either. No need to have a argument about this. I thought we could respect opinions l, not lash them out.
BMW absolutely does. Every car they make is better than the equivalent Audi and it’s not even close. It’s almost offensive how Audi prices their vehicles considering how underwhelming and boring they are compared to any BMW.
22 G80 M3 XDrive
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      05-07-2023, 07:49 PM   #26
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
And what do people get by debating about this? Like, can't you just be grateful for the fact that we still have the RS4 and M3 as ICE? No, you just have to complain about RS4 having rev limiter and fake stuff for non sensetical reasons by Audi, but praise the M3 for letting you rev all the way up? Just appreciate the both cars for existing the way they are!
Lol yea. Matt from Car Wow loves that no rev limiter. It’s funny. And he likes to stick sticks into tail pipes. He is fun to watch but I agree largely doesn’t matter. U don’t buy car based on rev limiter.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 07:52 PM   #27
ThesaVeliona
Starry_Angel
Rep

Quote:
BMW absolutely does. Every car they make is better than the equivalent Audi and it’s not even close. It’s almost offensive how Audi prices their vehicles considering how underwhelming and boring they are compared to any BMW.
Right, that explains your picture. I'll still have the M5 and RS6 at the same time, let some fanboys be pissed off because I have the RS6. I like both, but haters be hating.
      05-07-2023, 07:53 PM   #28
ThesaVeliona
Starry_Angel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Lol yea. Matt from Car Wow loves that no rev limiter. It’s funny. And he likes to stick sticks into tail pipes. He is fun to watch but I agree largely doesn’t matter. U don’t buy car based on rev limiter.
I mean, it's his hobby, I ain't complaining. But sometimes it gets too annoying and I feel like he should cut off this bias action, before 3 german rivals go electric and lose the meaning of their badges all entirely.
      05-07-2023, 08:08 PM   #29
WraithM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Right, that explains your picture. I'll still have the M5 and RS6 at the same time, let some fanboys be pissed off because I have the RS6. I like both, but haters be hating.
The RS6 can’t even compete with an M3 let alone an M5 LOL. They aren’t even on the same level. There’s no way you’ve actually driven an RS6 and can even mention it in the same sentence as an M5.

BMW makes some of the best cars money can buy, please find me something that will outmatch an M3 or M5 that isn’t AT LEAST 50-100k more. You’re allowed to like the Really slow 6 , but you’re huffing some glue if you think it’s even close to as good as a BMW.
22 G80 M3 XDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 10:08 PM   #30
ThesaVeliona
Starry_Angel
Rep

Quote:
The RS6 can’t even compete with an M3 let alone an M5 LOL. They aren’t even on the same level. There’s no way you’ve actually driven an RS6 and can even mention it in the same sentence as an M5.

BMW makes some of the best cars money can buy, please find me something that will outmatch an M3 or M5 that isn’t AT LEAST 50-100k more. You’re allowed to like the Really slow 6 , but you’re huffing some glue if you think it’s even close to as good as a BMW.
Cut the performance and BMW > everything else
Maybe I can like the both cars for how do they look? You shouldn't be the one to decide.

I really don't get why you're so edgy and keen on lashing me out, just because I like Audi? I SAID, I enjoy BMW AND Audi at the same TIME. Why does this upset you??? Am I not allowed to like them both? Go lash every member on this forum too, for liking brands such as Porsche, Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz. I mean, you're lashing me out for liking Audi after all. It's only fair if you lash out people who like Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Cadillac.
      05-08-2023, 08:37 AM   #31
WraithM5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Cut the performance and BMW > everything else
Maybe I can like the both cars for how do they look? You shouldn't be the one to decide.

I really don't get why you're so edgy and keen on lashing me out, just because I like Audi? I SAID, I enjoy BMW AND Audi at the same TIME. Why does this upset you??? Am I not allowed to like them both? Go lash every member on this forum too, for liking brands such as Porsche, Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz. I mean, you're lashing me out for liking Audi after all. It's only fair if you lash out people who like Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Cadillac.
The thing is you put a BMW up against a Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac etc the Audi is ALWAYS in last place , and bmw is either first or second depending on if a Porsche is involved. How either look is not relevant. Audi needs to be $40,000 cheaper to be competitive.
22 G80 M3 XDrive
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 04:53 PM   #32
Straykiwi
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition Touring

My 2c. I test drove a B9 RS4 and G80 M3 Comp xDrive back to back. My opinion is that Audi and BMW have different design philosophies when it comes to their halo cars. In the Audi if you set it into comfort it behaves just like an A4 Avant, there's a small but noticeable decline in ride comfort and higher tyre noise, but if the cabin didn't have RS plastered everywhere you might forget that you're actually driving a very rapid car. The M3 on the other hand never even remotely tries to hide what it is. It is an M car regardless of whether you are travelling at 10mph or 100mph. Some people may not like that and prefer the Audi. I don't think they are making a bad choice, and lets face it, in the markets where both cars are sold (like mine) the Audi is significantly cheaper. But for me at least, the M3 was worth every cent that it commands over the Audi, which is why I ordered a G81 M3 Touring.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 06:51 AM   #33
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straykiwi View Post
The M3 on the other hand never even remotely tries to hide what it is. It is an M car regardless of whether you are travelling at 10mph or 100mph.
Not sure I'd agree with that, with everything in comfort and the exhaust flaps closed it could be pretty much a 330i, with basically no noise and an excellent ride.

Turn things up to Sport Plus (except the suspension, Comfort in all on road settings IMO) and it properly comes to life, with the feel and sound to match.
Appreciate 0