BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-06-2023, 07:20 AM   #67
goquali
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Fair enough, yeah they're definitely busy and about at the limit of what I'd consider but they look really good I think. For cleaning, I hear ceramic coating them can help a bit, also different brake pads make a huge difference, and then hit them with some Sonax, let it soak, and foam cannon it all off. That gets probably 90% of the brake dust off in one go with no bending down. Anything more than that with brushes and whatnot I'm only going to bother with if I'm going to a show coming up.
Thanks for this NorCalAthlete Mine just went into production and hoping to get it by June too. I’m in the peninsula and SVB is not too far so I’ll check them out. Are you also considering switching the brake pads? I hear the squeals and dust are bad.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2023, 11:58 PM   #68
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquali View Post
Thanks for this NorCalAthlete Mine just went into production and hoping to get it by June too. I’m in the peninsula and SVB is not too far so I’ll check them out. Are you also considering switching the brake pads? I hear the squeals and dust are bad.
Checking back in here - yes, the squeals and brake dust are far worse with the M4 than the M440. I will likely be swapping out the brake pads for something else and ceramic coating the wheels when it's time. For now, the occasional bi-weekly spray down will have to suffice, combined with a good monthly wash.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 12:01 AM   #69
goquali
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Checking back in here - yes, the squeals and brake dust are far worse with the M4 than the M440. I will likely be swapping out the brake pads for something else and ceramic coating the wheels when it's time. For now, the occasional bi-weekly spray down will have to suffice, combined with a good monthly wash.
Got it. Which pads are you going with? I have ebc red stuff on my Audi right now and they seem to work well
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 07:35 PM   #70
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Wow,
Detailed and great write up.

I agree, perfect place for a gun holster/safe.

And yea I have shifted into manual mode a few times myself.
Appreciate 0