G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

10-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #67
Dw330ci
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330ci, 428i, 440i, 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkeygolbin View Post
Yes wa playing with the configurator, the saphire black and this interior looks really amazing. Im normally a person for pretty bland, blend in kind of boring - but This I really like together.

Any one got this mix?
I ordered a G82 M4 6MT Black sapphire with Kyalami orange (not full) and can’t wait for it to arrive. My previous 4 BMW’s (3-black sapphire, 1-metallic silver) have been all black leather interior and I am usually pretty conservative when it comes to interiors. But after seeing it in-person, the Kyalami is beautiful and fresh! It pops big time, but in a classy way. It’s also a M4 so it should have something more distinctive that just black.
So from someone who also usually gets blend in boring, this is a huge change for me and I’m friggin excited!
Appreciate 2
JMU_BMW152.50
      01-11-2023, 08:24 AM   #68
R44 Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Kyalami Orange wheel to match

Love this interior, especially on a dark coloured car it really pops! We had the pleasure of building a really cool black car with the Kyalami Orange interior.

We also have made an amazing carbon fibre steering wheel with SHFT finished with alcantara grips & Kyalami Orange stitching. Anyone interested give me a shout and we can get it sorted for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 10:20 AM   #69
house
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C (due May)

Garage List
After going back and forth, I'm excited to pick KO.

However, I want Full vs Extended, but I noticed on BMW Configurator that when you get KO Full, the lower dashboard is Orange. However, if you look at pictures of earlier G80s with KO Full, the lower dashboard is Black.

I'm concerned that the having the lower dash in Orange would be 1) Too Bright and 2) Get scuffed and show it more than black.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm next on the list to get an M3C allocation at my dealer, so I'm hoping to get it on order soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 10:41 AM   #70
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by house View Post
After going back and forth, I'm excited to pick KO.

However, I want Full vs Extended, but I noticed on BMW Configurator that when you get KO Full, the lower dashboard is Orange. However, if you look at pictures of earlier G80s with KO Full, the lower dashboard is Black.
Full has always included a lower dashboard in leather, orange if KO is your seat color. Extended has always been a lower dashboard in black plastic.

The difference you're seeing is that Extended used to include a matching panel on the door cards for all colors. Starting with 2023, this is only true for "Individual" colors (Fiona, Ivory, Tartufo, Fjord). "Standard" colors (Yas Marina, Kyalami, Silverstone, Black) all come with black door cards. The colored door cards (and lower dash) only come with Full leather for these colors now.

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      01-19-2023, 10:47 AM   #71
house
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C (due May)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Full has always included a lower dashboard in leather, orange if KO is your seat color. Extended has always been a lower dashboard in black plastic.

The difference you're seeing is that Extended used to include a matching panel on the door cards for all colors. Starting with 2023, this is only true for "Individual" colors (Fiona, Ivory, Tartufo, Fjord). "Standard" colors (Yas Marina, Kyalami, Silverstone, Black) all come with black door cards. The colored door cards (and lower dash) only come with Full leather for these colors now.
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 04:11 PM   #72
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition X-drive

I just picked up one with KO and absolutely love it. I did not go with Full Leather as I found the dash being orange could be overwhelming to me. The KO is awesome, but I worried it would be too much for me as a daily.

People are fairly unhappy about the door cards but since the KO has the orange and black already it works well. Also the upper front dash is now sensatec rather than soft touch plastic. I think overall the Extended in KO is just the right amount of orange for me while still looking luxurious.

Whether you go Full Black and Extended, KO looks original, livens up the cabin and works great with so many of the colours (blue/green/black) off the top of my head).
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1315.50
      01-22-2023, 12:56 PM   #73
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
I just picked up one with KO and absolutely love it. I did not go with Full Leather as I found the dash being orange could be overwhelming to me. The KO is awesome, but I worried it would be too much for me as a daily.

People are fairly unhappy about the door cards but since the KO has the orange and black already it works well. Also the upper front dash is now sensatec rather than soft touch plastic. I think overall the Extended in KO is just the right amount of orange for me while still looking luxurious.

Whether you go Full Black and Extended, KO looks original, livens up the cabin and works great with so many of the colours (blue/green/black) off the top of my head).
I love my KO interior. I get tons of comments on it. I went extended as well. Really wanted full but I too think the under dash in orange was too much for me. I have the orange door cards and think it adds that extra level from the regular 3. If I were to order another hypothetically I would probably go full to get the door cards back and the leather dash even though I would still think the under dash might be too much?
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2023, 02:21 PM   #74
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition X-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I love my KO interior. I get tons of comments on it. I went extended as well. Really wanted full but I too think the under dash in orange was too much for me. I have the orange door cards and think it adds that extra level from the regular 3. If I were to order another hypothetically I would probably go full to get the door cards back and the leather dash even though I would still think the under dash might be too much?
I think the orange door card would've looked good, but since I never had them don't miss them.

If you do go full leather I believe reading that you can do a special order with the bottom of the dash in black as well? However, not sure how easy that is to do in the ordering process.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1315.50
      01-23-2023, 04:52 PM   #75
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

I picked up someone's completed build. It was almost perfect for me except KO interior. I was scared. I told the dealer I kept the right of first refusal. Once the car made the boat ride over, I got to see if I wanted to go through with the purchase. I was totally wrong. The KO interior was one of the coolest parts of the car.
I love it!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 05:17 PM   #76
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
I think the orange door card would've looked good, but since I never had them don't miss them.

If you do go full leather I believe reading that you can do a special order with the bottom of the dash in black as well? However, not sure how easy that is to do in the ordering process.
I would agree if you never had them it probably doesn't matter anyways.

I think you can but as with everything it'd probably delay the build.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 05:37 PM   #77
TomzBmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18x5-11z4-23m3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.83]
2011 BMW Z4 3.0  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
KO door cards were a must for me when I ordered. Wanted that pop when I open the door on an otherwise beautiful but tame exterior (SSG). Removing the KO door cards from Extended Leather for MY23 pushed me to go full leather.

I love orange so I wasn’t concerned about the lower dash etc. Also, I’ve read through many forums here and never got the sense anyone saw it and was like WTF…LOL! I get my car this Friday and am so excited to see it in person! Maybe more excited about the interior than the 500+ HP and xDrive? Ah, no, but a close second!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:57 PM   #78
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym3girlnj View Post
Images/videos seem to show this as a very bright orange. I wanted to make sure it’s not that brownish orange color.

Can anyone confirm?
The best way to describe it is that it looks almost exactly like the exterior of a pumpkin. I love it. It's bright, and pretty vibrant, but the black elements give it a different tone and certainly does feel like too much.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #79
G80XSCOTT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80X

I love it!! Pictures don't do justice. Must see in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 08:37 PM   #80
Vishal50028
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competion RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XSCOTT View Post
I love it!! Pictures don't do justice. Must see in person.
If I do another build in this life cycle, might have to get AW on KO. BG on Black will work for now. Maybe should have got BG on KO.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 09:11 PM   #81
willywilson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 Comp Xdrive (ordered)

I could do orange for about a year then it would have to go.
Appreciate 0