12-07-2021, 06:10 AM   #67
R44 Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwoodCC View Post
Took me about an hour and a half to do the whole thing. Everything was super easy except for clip A - that one was nasty. I had to have one of my son's friends with small hands install clip A for me. Using very sharp pick or tweezers to wedge at the connector interface to remove it was a key turning point. After that it was very smooth sailing, super easy, takes 10 minutes or less to do the rest.

Thoughts on the results:
This feels like a different car now. It went from being a beast to Godzilla. The increase in power is quite noticeable, more intense throwing you in the back of your seat, and the increase in power seems to go on forever throughout the RPM range. In park, when revving the engine, it feels like the engine wants to twist/torque out of frame because it is so powerful. I felt the back end spin out for the first time in this car just making a right turn at an intersection. The sounds the exhaust makes is different too, very noticeable by my sons and all his friends. Louder and more "burbly" with some pops peppered in once in a while, especially when downshifting. The car seems to stay in lower gear for longer, just daring you to touch the gas pedal, and when you do, you are rewarded with what seems like unlimited power.

All that, and still, when you hit comfort mode, you instantly cage the beast and no one would be the wiser. I just got a dragy also, so looking forward to collecting some data. I will mention though that the bluetooth connection was not working. I will have to sort through that with customer service, but you can still manually change the map using the buttons on the device. I've been running it on 7 all day with no problems. And when in comfort mode, even at a 7, it is completely well mannered.
Im glad you like it, been running the Racechip now for a few months and it does unlock a whole new level to the already impressive car.

Have you got any videos of a fly by?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #68
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Anyone ran a 100-200 or 60-120 time with the RaceChip? If so what sort of numbers did you get?

Also specify if RWD or AWD
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 09:18 AM   #69
BushwoodCC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

One year update on RC

I took a break from the forums for a bit and got a DM asking for an update, so I thought I'd post one. It's been over a year since I installed the RC on my G80 Xdrive Comp. Overall, it is a big thumbs up from me.

I did get the bluetooth working so I can control everything from in the inside of my car through the app. However, in practical use, I just set it and forget it. I've been running on map 6 the whole time and don't think I've changed it for months.

I've had to install it and uninstall it a couple of times when I took it in for oil changes, etc. Pretty easy to remove, and each time I put it back, I improved my install. It is currently installed underneath a panel in the top right corner of the engine bay. It is completely hidden and covert now. Much better than zip tying it to the cross beams, etc.

No check engine lights. Zero issues whatsoever on that front. I've taken it out to the track and ran it really hard too. Still no problems. Once I was too lazy to re-install it after taking it off. I was kind of trying to see if it really made a difference and if I could live with it just stock. Within 2 weeks I had it back on again. It does make a noticeable difference.

Sorry don't have any drive bys, etc. The exhaust sound is improved, but perhaps not as much as I may have thought on my initial post. Exhaust is probably the next thing I would upgrade on this car.

Anyway, just wanted to give my 2 cents. I know I like to see the longer term review after the initial excitement wears off. I still love this upgrade, it was well worth the money for me. I would absolutely recommend it and do it over again. Cheers!
Appreciate 7
      01-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #70
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #71
Boostin335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G82 M4CX, C8, MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwoodCC View Post
I took a break from the forums for a bit and got a DM asking for an update, so I thought I'd post one. It's been over a year since I installed the RC on my G80 Xdrive Comp. Overall, it is a big thumbs up from me.

I did get the bluetooth working so I can control everything from in the inside of my car through the app. However, in practical use, I just set it and forget it. I've been running on map 6 the whole time and don't think I've changed it for months.

I've had to install it and uninstall it a couple of times when I took it in for oil changes, etc. Pretty easy to remove, and each time I put it back, I improved my install. It is currently installed underneath a panel in the top right corner of the engine bay. It is completely hidden and covert now. Much better than zip tying it to the cross beams, etc.

No check engine lights. Zero issues whatsoever on that front. I've taken it out to the track and ran it really hard too. Still no problems. Once I was too lazy to re-install it after taking it off. I was kind of trying to see if it really made a difference and if I could live with it just stock. Within 2 weeks I had it back on again. It does make a noticeable difference.

Sorry don't have any drive bys, etc. The exhaust sound is improved, but perhaps not as much as I may have thought on my initial post. Exhaust is probably the next thing I would upgrade on this car.

Anyway, just wanted to give my 2 cents. I know I like to see the longer term review after the initial excitement wears off. I still love this upgrade, it was well worth the money for me. I would absolutely recommend it and do it over again. Cheers!
Where do you live? Curious about your temps.

Also, any pics of the install? Sounds like a good location you found.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 05:23 PM   #72
emthreepa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Hello, I've had RaceChip on my 22 G80 M3 Comp xDrive for approximately 24,000 out of total 28,000 miles. My prior vehicle was a 17 Golf R. The R was my first experience with modifying a vehicle. Going from stock to Stage 2 with the R is what I would personally describe as unlocking a whole new experience with the car. That change was like driving a completely different vehicle. Adding RaceChip to the G80 is not on that same level in terms of gain over stock. I would describe it more as complementary. Adding it is, however, noticeable and I would recommend it. I have not had any issues. I would just encourage someone purchasing to have balanced expectations going into it so you are not disappointed. Just my perception.
Appreciate 1
RM73343.50
      01-28-2023, 04:16 AM   #73
RM73
How Low Can You Go
Rep
Drives: G82 M4CX, M1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthreepa View Post
Hello, I've had RaceChip on my 22 G80 M3 Comp xDrive for approximately 24,000 out of total 28,000 miles. My prior vehicle was a 17 Golf R. The R was my first experience with modifying a vehicle. Going from stock to Stage 2 with the R is what I would personally describe as unlocking a whole new experience with the car. That change was like driving a completely different vehicle. Adding RaceChip to the G80 is not on that same level in terms of gain over stock. I would describe it more as complementary. Adding it is, however, noticeable and I would recommend it. I have not had any issues. I would just encourage someone purchasing to have balanced expectations going into it so you are not disappointed. Just my perception.

100%. That is exactly my take on the racechip as well. It kinda makes sense, the % change you are inducing with the racechip is not that great, specially compared with lower power cars, it's noticeable but not mind blowing. I do see the difference in the dragy runs, but tbh I don't feel it that much.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 09:58 AM   #74
997CABOVA
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Whats everyones take on the ZF gearbox for the additional TRQ for a Comp version for a RC??
I see even BMW is bumping up HP numbers on the CSL and CS but not the torque
      03-02-2023, 12:35 PM   #75
reNT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997CABOVA View Post
Whats everyones take on the ZF gearbox for the additional TRQ for a Comp version for a RC??
I see even BMW is bumping up HP numbers on the CSL and CS but not the torque
They are bumping up the tq as well just not advertising it. The main method by which bmw increased the hp on the CSL and the CS trims over the comp, is by raising the boost. There is really no way to raise the boost and to only have the hp go up but not the tq. More boost = more torque. The transmission is strong enough to handle such a mild increase in tq. Percentage-wise it's not a big jump from the stock levels. These transmissions are fine up until around 650whtq, that is when you need to start thinking about reinforcing it.
Appreciate 3
      03-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #76
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i xdrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Hey,

Running RC from the moment of break in. Installed by my friend from BMW without any concerns. Mild increase in power and he confirmed that so far non of modded on piggybacks BMWs were flagged by BMW software. Play with ECU, car is flagged in a second 100% of cases. This dealership is dealing with a lot of tunned BMW and they are “friendly” with resonable mods.

And here are the times which I think are damm good especially because of elevations in Colorado, winter, all-season tires

BTW: my units is mounted and hidden in a way that harnesses are integrated with original wiring of BMW. Some extra time but I will tell you … no way anyone will recognized just by pulling the frank up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
reNT265.50
      03-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #77
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostro View Post
Hey,
Installed by my friend from BMW without any concerns. Mild increase in power and he confirmed that so far non of modded on piggybacks BMWs were flagged by BMW software.
Interesting, A LOT of debate here on this and one of the reasons why I have not purchased a JB4 is because I purchased an extended warranty. I'm guessing your friend is referring to simple maintenance, and so we can't say for sure that if your engine had an issue, they wouldn't detect the piggyback when running diagnostics.
2012 Audi A4 Avant - SOLD
Insta: mtn_m3cx
Appreciate 1
Eris496219.50
      03-04-2023, 09:11 PM   #78
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Hey,

There are two topics:
1. Flagging the car based on the BMw diagnostic software on which dealership does not have any influence. Its flagged and done, they cannot change it. Its diagnostic feature deployed some time ago and rollouted globally. This is what I mean, with piggybacks RC, Manhart, Dinan, JB4 it will not flag issue. Best if you switch map to “zero” at the servise.

2. Warranty:
Even if not flagged if your engine blows then all in hands of engineer troubleshooting your issue. Me being also engineer from education I can envision that some may be lucky and some may have engineer who will dig deep and may recognize some out of normal measures and done.

This is why I always consider those two things independently but seeing a lot of people mixing it.

General risk. So far did not hear about engine blow ups, a lot of cars is runnig way more serious mods with very high power and regular racing and often LC starts. G8x is already on the market by way longer then 1 year and number of modded car is just going up and up. For years Dinnan piggyback were ok for BMW and also did not hear any blow ups despite of product not being impressive at all…

Anyone needs to make its own call so you can sleep well. But there is nothing better then killing Taycans GTS and Tesla 3 performance Seeing those drivers faces on the next lights…. notrecognizable because not of them looked into my eyes .
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #79
Boogie2121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Hey,

Running RC from the moment of break in. Installed by my friend from BMW without any concerns. Mild increase in power and he confirmed that so far non of modded on piggybacks BMWs were flagged by BMW software. Play with ECU, car is flagged in a second 100% of cases. This dealership is dealing with a lot of tunned BMW and they are “friendly” with resonable mods.

And here are the times which I think are damm good especially because of elevations in Colorado, winter, all-season tires

BTW: my units is mounted and hidden in a way that harnesses are integrated with original wiring of BMW. Some extra time but I will tell you … no way anyone will recognized just by pulling the frank up.
Wow you are running sub 3 and sub 11 on all seasons with only a race chip? Interesting, I have a car on the way and was going to go JB4 but I only play on doing Valvetronic midpipe + burger intake so maybe this will work just fine. I had a RC on my F85 and have one on my X7M50i - they have been amazing/bulletproof so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 03:28 PM   #80
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Yeap. Im also a little bit surprised. But hell yeah Im happy.

With all of the reading about JB4 I was so confused. Best times in comfort mode, power/torque curve with some spikes at low rpms potentially being fixed, but big no-no was for me the OBD connector which needs to be contuisly in. On the the end price of JB4. I was lucky to get RC on BlackFriday so paid low $400 if I remember well. Maybe not the biggest performance gains, but charts speeks for it self.
My small next steps are catted DP, BMC air filters, maybe single mid pipe and then…. ECU reflash (bootmod3 etc.) when my brains and gut feels confortable with it in light of beeing flagged.
Appreciate 1
reNT265.50
      03-13-2023, 09:04 AM   #81
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My small next steps are catted DP, BMC air filters, maybe single mid pipe and then…. ECU reflash (bootmod3 etc.) when my brains and gut feels confortable with it in light of beeing flagged.
You'll need a downpipe that does not trigger the check engine light, I suggest you look into the active autowerke.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 09:40 AM   #82
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeap. Im also a little bit surprised. But hell yeah Im happy.

With all of the reading about JB4 I was so confused. Best times in comfort mode, power/torque curve with some spikes at low rpms potentially being fixed, but big no-no was for me the OBD connector which needs to be contuisly in. On the the end price of JB4. I was lucky to get RC on BlackFriday so paid low $400 if I remember well. Maybe not the biggest performance gains, but charts speeks for it self.
Have you done XHP flash? Also what do the 7 maps do/configure?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 10:24 PM   #83
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
Nope, no XHP tune.
Map 7 is most “aggressive” map on RC. It configures all same parameters as on other maps just settings are mire tuned up for max gains.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:12 AM   #84
Boostin335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G82 M4CX, C8, MKIV Supra

Quote:
Nope, no XHP tune.
Map 7 is most “aggressive” map on RC. It configures all same parameters as on other maps just settings are mire tuned up for max gains.
I know a lot of people run with Map 6 on like 93 octane. Is Map 7 much different? Probably another 15-20 whp I would imagine?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 06:39 PM   #85
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin335 View Post
I know a lot of people run with Map 6 on like 93 octane. Is Map 7 much different? Probably another 15-20 whp I would imagine?
it's probably another 0.5 PSI

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #86
JackBurton
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
I did a stealth mount with my M240i, mostly because I did that install myself. Hate the way the Racechip is mounted on my G80… the installer followed the instructions but hanging on the strut tower brace doesn’t look clean to me.

Where did you hide your Racechip?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 11:06 AM   #87
Bostro
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 g82  [10.00]
[QUOTE=JackBurton;29964624]I did a stealth mount with my M240i, mostly because I did that install myself. Hate the way the Racechip is mounted on my G80… the installer followed the instructions but hanging on the strut tower brace doesn’t look clean to me.

Where did you hide your Racechip?

Here you go. Marked. Top right side of the engine bay. Pull out this plastic and you will see amount space you have there. Have fun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-13-2023, 08:23 AM   #88
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Has anyone tried mixing some E on Map 7 like E25 or E30?
Appreciate 0