08-11-2023, 05:27 PM   #1
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
So my girlfriend bought me for my birthday Dahler Attc for my G80. I was excited and very eager to install this. The installation was very easy. I followed Kies video. (Shout out to Kies) well anyways, after I install the commander, I hit the Anti theft and I was under the impression that the car will kill the gas paddle.. well in the video Bryan hit the switch and shows that the gas paddle is dead, when I did it the car was still functioning!? which I was under the assumption that when somebody comes up to the vehicle and tries to rob you or take the car you hit the antitheft button and kills the gas pedal which it doesn’t…kinda disappointing…I just wanted to shout out my review on it.

So when I got off the phone with Kies motorsports, and they were very helpful. It turns out that you need to be in the vehicle hit the antitheft switch, then shut the vehicle off and walk away. Then when you get back into the car, the gas pedal will have no function and the thieves won’t be able to takeoff with your car, which I really didn’t want to go that route, I kind of thought that once somebody comes up to the car and tries to rob you so you can hit the switch and it would kill the gas pedal so if anyone is interested in doing this mod to the vehicle just to let you know it’s really not a good idea and doing it…it’s kind of pointless…

I do see a difference in response on the pedal when on sport and track mode..

Next stop is Dähler chip
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
big_ed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this product. Im looking for different options regarding anti theft with these cars being so envied presently.

So question, you're saying the pedal doesnt feel the same anymore vs prior to installing this? If so is this something you brought to the sellers attention?

Also can the device be hidden or does it stay visible like in your picture.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 08:07 AM   #3
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ed View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this product. Im looking for different options regarding anti theft with these cars being so envied presently.

So question, you're saying the pedal doesnt feel the same anymore vs prior to installing this? If so is this something you brought to the sellers attention?

Also can the device be hidden or does it stay visible like in your picture.

Thanks.
So the pedal response is very responsive. If you put it on sport on the controller, it feels like the E46 when you push the “sport button” the car becomes more responsive even like on “track mode” as soon as you touch the pedal it will fly lol you’ll feel the car being very sensitive with the pedal. Which is a plus 👍🏼

My idea was that with this antitheft if somebody came up to the vehicle and wanted to take the car, I thought moment you hit the switch and the pedal will die. It doesn’t do that! you have to hit the switch, shut the vehicle off, lock your car, then walk away….when you get back into the vehicle the pedal will not have no response. So that’s what it is.

I still yet didn’t try the valet mode! But I heard if you go on valet when bringing your car into service or just having a car valet to the restaurant. The valet drivers cannot abuse the car or drive hard or take it for a test drive, cause the pedal will be at a low percent rate so they can go faster then 10mph

The device is hidden, so nobody knows where it is but yourself.

Hope this helps anyone out!
I give the rating 8.5/10.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 09:07 AM   #4
big_ed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Great! I kind of like this product. If there's anyway to keep the pedal feel stock or a setting close to stock and just use this for the anti theft properties?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 08:28 PM   #5
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ed View Post
Great! I kind of like this product. If there's anyway to keep the pedal feel stock or a setting close to stock and just use this for the anti theft properties?
Yes you can leave it on “C” for comfort, you can adjust the ratio too…
You can go through the modes..so for example..
Once you are on comfort..you can hit mode and adjust the setting..
https://youtu.be/puh219dHs1Y
(Skip the video to features)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 11:20 AM   #6
Mdog97
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Hmmm...thanks very much for this info.

I want it primarily for the anti-theft, secondarily for the valet / low power mode. I'm a bit less concerned about carjacking (but hey - you never know). Still, the sequence to engage the anti-theft mode wasn't obvious to me from reading / watching videos.

BTW, cool GF to get this for you - kudos to her. My wife of almost 20 years can't even remember my birthday (or sometimes even my name)....
Appreciate 1
golf4kal129.50
      11-23-2023, 02:04 PM   #7
BSMG82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Does anyone know how to connect the phone to the device? It’s stuck in Bluetooth mode but doesn’t recognize the module or the remote.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 10:55 PM   #8
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolquest View Post
Does anyone know how to connect the phone to the device? It’s stuck in Bluetooth mode but doesn’t recognize the module or the remote.
Best thing..is either contact them or call Kies..

They helped me step by step with questions I had 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 08:26 AM   #9
BSMG82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Finally figured it out! It was the Bluetooth on my phone. Had to turn Bluetooth off and then restart the phone. Once I did that the unit showed up on the app.

Looks like the phone pairs directly to the module so I will leave the remote hidden somewhere in case I ever need it, but will operate the anti theft from my phone.

Nice product!!! On another note the throttle control adds another great feature. Makes heavily tuned cars driveable.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #10
chuloM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 bmw m3

in my case the dahler attc works ok. but I was under the impression that once you activate the control to kill the throttle, you can take the remote with you and the car would be driveless that's not the case once you take the remote with you the car goes back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 10:15 AM   #11
rodrib00
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Sorry to revive an older thread but I was searching up if the ATTC can also prevent OBD port theft and stumbled on this post

Anyways, I currently have a G20 340i with the ATTC, and it works just as I expected. Once you enable the anti-theft feature on your controller, the gas pedal is shut off after each on/off cycle. Meaning, you don’t need to press or hold the anti-theft button every time you want to activate the feature. You will need to wake up the controller after you turn on the car so that you can accelerate.

I’ve also learned that in an automatic, the car will coast forward if someone gains access to your car, but they won’t be able to accelerate because the gas pedal is deactivated. The car will not coast if you have the auto hold feature on (I like auto H bc it reminds me of the DCT feeling in my F80 haha).

Like the OP mentioned, I purchased the ATTC after I was carjacked at gunpoint (car was recovered within a few hours) because I do feel that the device would’ve prevented them from taking off with the car.

My only critique of the ATTC is that it seems like the car needs to be off for a certain amount of time before the anti theft mode is turned on. I haven’t timed it perfectly, but it seems to be around 30s to a minute and it appears like the doors need to be locked, as well.
Appreciate 0