08-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #89
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSAPPE92 View Post
If you wanna go into somewhere and leave the car running. Shut off the car and use your remote start so all security feature are in place
Everything is electronic so I’m sure thieves have devices that’ll bypass whatever manufacturer has in place.

If someone wants your car they’ll get it. It’s just a matter of how bad they wanna work for it versus how much you want to make that attempt more difficult or not.

When I take one of my other cars out and I have to park the m3 on the street, I just put the steering wheel club. I usually park it in front of my house and I have a front door camera to catch anything but thieves don’t care. If they want the car they’ll get it.

Just make it hard for them. That’s all you can do.
Appreciate 3
M3LISSA795.00
BigRedG80127.00
      08-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #90
M3-san
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3xD, 535xi

Captured on Ring Camera one town over from me. Guys pull up, check the Range Rover to see if its open and its not. They then proceed to go into the house (the front door was unlocked) to get the key fob. They come out with it and away they went with a brand new Range Rover.

I don't get why people don't lock their doors. Where I grew up, we triple locked our doors. Lock your doors peeps.
BMWM5NYC496.00
      08-25-2022, 03:03 PM   #91
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LISSA View Post
Quote:
If you wanna go into somewhere and leave the car running. Shut off the car and use your remote start so all security feature are in place
I think this defeats the purpose. If you leave the key fob exposed still, the relay they're using to steal the cars will still be out there open to signals and it can easily be picked up. I don't use the auto start or running with car locked feature anymore. Not in my neighborhood anyway with all this theft going on.
Sounds like my German Shepard needs to be my shotgun or ride or die on a regular
Appreciate 1
M3LISSA795.00
      08-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #92
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Everything is electronic so I’m sure thieves have devices that’ll bypass whatever manufacturer has in place.

If someone wants your car they’ll get it. It’s just a matter of how bad they wanna work for it versus how much you want to make that attempt more difficult or not.

When I take one of my other cars out and I have to park the m3 on the street, I just put the steering wheel club. I usually park it in front of my house and I have a front door camera to catch anything but thieves don’t care. If they want the car they’ll get it.

Just make it hard for them. That’s all you can do.
I understand that I'm saying a car running with the door locked the only step someone needs is get the door unlocked because it's running. I was only saying add additional steps so an amateur can't steal it
Appreciate 1
M3LISSA795.00
      08-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #93
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-san View Post
Captured on Ring Camera one town over from me. Guys pull up, check the Range Rover to see if its open and its not. They then proceed to go into the house (the front door was unlocked) to get the key fob. They come out with it and away they went with a brand new Range Rover.

I don't get why people don't lock their doors. Where I grew up, we triple locked our doors. Lock your doors peeps.
Yea I may have to bring my pittie mix she don't care for men or strangers lol

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2022, 08:51 PM   #94
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:

dumb to lock your car but not your house door. my door's auto lock after 30s.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #95
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Either the owners are that dumb, or it's an inside job.

Just imagine going into some random person's house, and trying to look for a key fob. I know in most houses, when you walk into the front door, there's a coat rack, then a place to store keys (that's what i mean by the owners are that dumb. House door unlocked AND your car keys right there).

Or it's an inside job meaning someone knew the whereabouts of the owners key fob, knew they leave the door unlocked so they basically were able to get in and out and leave with the car with ease.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #96
JerseyG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3x

Figured i would chime in to this thread. Woke up this morning looking for my keys everywhere. After about 3 minutes it hit me - I left the keys in the car and the car is wide open. Sure enough... Car was unlocked, key fob sitting in the cup holder. I am super picky about shit like this. I always lock my doors. Guess what.. We are humans and mistakes happen. I got lucky last night. My neighborhood has seen an uptick in car thefts. Someone could have easily drove off with the car. One thing i noticed - My old 2020 GLE would text me when the door is left unlocked. You can even set a valet parimeter so that if the car leaves a specific area, you automatically get an alert/text. Anyone know if BMW can do the same?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #97
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG80 View Post
Figured i would chime in to this thread. Woke up this morning looking for my keys everywhere. After about 3 minutes it hit me - I left the keys in the car and the car is wide open. Sure enough... Car was unlocked, key fob sitting in the cup holder. I am super picky about shit like this. I always lock my doors. Guess what.. We are humans and mistakes happen. I got lucky last night. My neighborhood has seen an uptick in car thefts. Someone could have easily drove off with the car. One thing i noticed - My old 2020 GLE would text me when the door is left unlocked. You can even set a valet parimeter so that if the car leaves a specific area, you automatically get an alert/text. Anyone know if BMW can do the same?
If the car can alert us it would be news too me. I'd be curious if anyone knows

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 08:49 PM   #98
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG80 View Post
My wife's Mazda send's door unlocked notifications via the app. My BMW App doesn't seem to send those notifications. You can use the app to see if the car is locked or it's location but it will not alert you. It's something they could add very easily.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2023, 10:35 PM   #99
stoked335d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
2002 Mspec Nur  [10.00]
Was looking for stolen M discussion and found this thread.

My neighbor's '22 X3MC was stolen from our apt building's garage 10 days ago from waterfront Jersey City NJ building. An X5MC was stolen from another buildings garage in the neighborhood 2 weeks earlier. Read that another X3MC was gone in April from Westfield NJ!

In the case of our X3MC, we are assuming that an RF relay signal booster could have been used. Security footage that building management showed them his car been driven off around 1:00AM on a saturday. He found out the next day morning. Police could not provide a report right away and BMW NA would not cooporate to help locate it without a report even calling from a police precinct! BMW said how do we know you are telling the truth? WTF. He said to call the precinct but they would not. Last known location showed few blocks away with trunk open on phone app which most likely the time they disabled the car's OEM tracking right away.

This shit is on the rise so take your precautions. THe next day I bought a club that I have not used since the 90's and a wheel boot along with faraday pouches. I put my keys in a metal box at home that tested near and in the car with FOBs. I no longer leave my parking gate opener tag in the car. Stupid building management was forcing people to display it on rearview mirror with parking spot number but fuck that at this point since it is my paid spot.

I have few airtag's hidden in car that are hacked and no longer make audible noise even if a message pops on thieves phone saying there is an unknown airtag traveling with you.

Other great option I found is something called Ghost in UK or IGLA clone in the States. Its an advanced kill switch using OEM buttons in car that can be reconfiigured. Also has anti-carjacking and valet/service mode capability. The only 2 shops I found in the tri-state area asked for $2000 installed!. Told one of them rather have the car stolen at those prices. seriously! They install them on Hellcats for $1200.

There is also a Dahler anti-theft throttle device that kills the accelator. THe downside is if thieves can start the car they can put it in drive and slowly roll. This device would work on a 6 speed manual M3 though.

Another option was some archaic device called Ravelco. They claim they never lost a car in 46 years. Basically they install bunch of harnesses that connect to the car's starter and fuel injection system that would reqire hours to disable if someone tried to steal it. THey provide a physical multi pin key plug that goes into device interface which enables the car to start. THat was around $900 cash only by one couple who handles all East Coast installs.

Found an economical kill switch option from Australia called starterstopper. Can have up to 3 kill switches placed under any trim or hidden any part of the car that has to be pressed in order. Could be setup to force pressing 2 at same time then 3rd and whole bunch of other combinations. Only $70 for the device and gonna have my trusted Indy mechanic install it for me. The downside is I will lose remote start that I paid for lifetime membership and have to share the secret with anyone who drives my car. It's in transit and will install it in few weeks. It reminds me of a kill switch I had on my 300ZX during 90's. You had to press and hold the rear fog button while turning the key! Bell bottom pant are back in style and so is the car theft.
2014 S4 APR stg1 444hp retired
2010 335d; 2004 WRX wagon; 1994 300ZX -retired

Last edited by stoked335d; 05-16-2023 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2607.00
      05-17-2023, 05:35 AM   #100
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
I didn’t get a hellcat because I didn’t want to deal with theft lol.

Now these guys are targeting m cars smh.
      05-17-2023, 07:38 AM   #101
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
https://youtu.be/nP1HFGAGbxo

These also work on G model.

If you walk out the car leave it on anti theft mode. but remember one thing..if they want it…they will take it
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 10:04 AM   #102
nomtks25
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87(2020)

My 2020 M2 was stolen from the gated garage

My M2 was stolen approx. 11:00 pm on 7/6/23 from the gated garage in the apartment in Bergen county in NJ. I found it when I went to my parking spot in the morning on 7/7/23.

Although there were some handreds cars parked in the garage, some of those were way nicer than mine like Ferrarris, Porsche and Mercedes, the theft came straight to my car.
It seemed that the thefts followed me for a while to see the best timing.
The video footage showed a BMW X3(not a resident's car) came in the garage followed by the resident car, then went out from the garage followed by my M2 about in 10 minutes.
Those are pictures of my car driven by the theft.

Name:  S__9224197.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  366.6 KB

Name:  S__9224195.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  358.0 KB

If anyone see my car, please let me know. It is 2020 Black M2 (manual) and has black rear spoler which was faded almost in gray.
You can see the number plate on the attached pictures. (I am sure the number plate was removed and abandoned)

And please keep your car in safe place, do not expose your key. I hope this will not happen to you.

Last edited by nomtks25; 07-09-2023 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ezmolaw30.00
      07-09-2023, 10:09 AM   #103
RhodeIslandG82X
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX

Garage List
LMAO I just saw a brand new G82 completely stripped and stolen on the side of the road in NJ/NYC area. I’m literally a 23/24 with like 100 miles on it.

As long as you got a garage I wouldn’t be worried, but don’t street park one of those M cars.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2023, 10:43 AM   #104
nomtks25
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87(2020)

Thank you for the post_RhodeIslandG82X
I hope my car would not be like that.
According to the police, it might already be on a ship.....
Eitherway, it is a tragedy for us.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 07:05 AM   #105
JerseyG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomtks25 View Post
My M2 was stolen approx. 11:00 pm on 7/6/23 from the gated garage in the apartment in Bergen county in NJ. I found it when I went to my parking spot in the morning on 7/7/23.

Although there were some handreds cars parked in the garage, some of those were way nicer than mine like Ferrarris, Porsche and Mercedes, the theft came straight to my car.
The video footage showed a BMW X3(not a resident's car) came in the garage followed by the resident car, then went out from the garage followed by my M2 about in 10 minutes.

Attachment 3224274

Attachment 3224275

If anyone see my car, please let me know. It is 2020 Black M2 (manual) and has black rear spoler which was faded almost in gray.
You can see the number plate on the attached pictures. (I am sure the number plate was removed and abandoned)

And please keep your car in safe place, do not expose your key. I hope this will not happen to you.
I bet someone ordered a key for it.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2023, 07:20 AM   #106
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Well I can’t speak for Mexico although the news doesn’t do you any favors but in America there a towns like Mayberry North Carolina (actual name Mount Airy) and then there’s New York. It depends on where you live as to how you feel about whether or not you lock your cars or your house. Humans are not the same everywhere. Well at least crime I mean.
New York is a BIG place and a very large state. It’s not just the city. Plenty of very safe and high end towns with little to no theft/issues in NY State.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2023, 08:18 PM   #107
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3DarkSide View Post
New York is a BIG place and a very large state. It’s not just the city. Plenty of very safe and high end towns with little to no theft/issues in NY State.
yeah, generalizations generally suck.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2023, 11:54 AM   #108
Race_Doc11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [10.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomtks25 View Post

Attachment 3224274

Attachment 3224275

Check this thread. I will not be surprised if they had ordered a key for your car.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2025556
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 06:23 PM   #109
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Definitely key ordered through a wonderful person working inside a dealer.
      07-14-2023, 01:15 PM   #110
Toodalu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 & 19 X3

I highly suggest everyone visits Don @ unexpected Creations (Edison, NJ) to get an anti-theft device installed. I paid less than $400 and took Don about 20 mins to install. I've known Don for 20+ years now. He's been an OG in the audio / alarm business. He owns a BMW and I'm pretty sure he's a member here.

His information:

Phone: (732) 572-1969
Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/unexpectedcreationsnj/
4.8-4.9 Star review.
2022 M3 Competition XDrive
Appreciate 3