BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #23
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The reality is that while it may have a lower bling factor, matte black plastic will age much much better. If an owner isn't meticulous with gloss black plastic it will be full of swirls and scratches. I try pretty hard to avoid touching the shiny black plastic on my X3M around the shifter and surrounding buttons and I have some scratches despite using only microfiber cloths.
I don't even touch the touch screen because of the finger marks, and the piano stuff is even worse than that
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:13 PM   #24
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I have a question: is anyone with a 6MT hitting the iDrive button while shifting or finding it difficult to rest their arms on the console without hitting it?
I'm not even close to hitting it. I've tried being really lazy with shifting to see if I "could" hit it (I remember it came up in the forums a little while back) and I seriously don't see how you actually could
Appreciate 2
PLF693766.00
      05-06-2021, 05:10 AM   #25
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
I don't even touch the touch screen because of the finger marks, and the piano stuff is even worse than that
I never once scratched the touch screen in my BMWs. Do you have stones for fingertips?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #26
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
I can forgive everything for the 3rd pedal.
My issue is not the "nitpicking," but rather the conspiracy that they are trying to get us to buy the automatic. It's a fallacy that is continually repeated with no basis (or even logic behind it).

As one 6MT driver to another, your quoted text above is the most important. Also, not having car keys doesn't reduce contact points but YES it would be great to not have to carry car keys.

In X years from now our lives will change when driverless cars become the norm. Then we won't have to worry about driving or carrying keys lol. My son is 3 and the smart money is on him never learning to drive!
Appreciate 1
Nkr151122.00
      05-06-2021, 09:56 AM   #27
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
My issue is not the "nitpicking," but rather the conspiracy that they are trying to get us to buy the automatic. It's a fallacy that is continually repeated with no basis (or even logic behind it).

As one 6MT driver to another, your quoted text above is the most important. Also, not having car keys doesn't reduce contact points but YES it would be great to not have to carry car keys.

In X years from now our lives will change when driverless cars become the norm. Then we won't have to worry about driving or carrying keys lol. My son is 3 and the smart money is on him never learning to drive!
the conspiracy theories are moronic, the logic can be interpreted to the exact opposite effect (which is how you know the theories are stupid).... by using parts lifted directly from the series models like the manual shifter surround vs the bespoke logo printed gloss version on the comp models BMW is no doubt making more margin on that part for manuals so in theory they would prefer you buy the manual!
Appreciate 2
JTO245274.50
      05-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #28
BRIGM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Give me matte black over piano black any day of the week. One bright spot of the 6MT (I'm still salty about the lack of digital key integration on the manual &#128545.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #29
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
the conspiracy theories are moronic, the logic can be interpreted to the exact opposite effect (which is how you know the theories are stupid).... by using parts lifted directly from the series models like the manual shifter surround vs the bespoke logo printed gloss version on the comp models BMW is no doubt making more margin on that part for manuals so in theory they would prefer you buy the manual!
If BMW didn't want to make a manual they wouldn't. The leather knee rest (or lack thereof) is not a subliminal message from BMW to it's consumers to upgrade to a comp. Furthermore, most manuals are customer orders and not showroom cars. You don't even know it's not leather until you already own the frigging car!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #30
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
If BMW didn't want to make a manual they wouldn't. The leather knee rest (or lack thereof) is not a subliminal message from BMW to it's consumers to upgrade to a comp. Furthermore, most manuals are customer orders and not showroom cars. You don't even know it's not leather until you already own the frigging car!
If I wouldn't have read it here on this board I wouldn't even have noticed it.
And I drove the comp on a test ride and own the MT.

I so freaking don't care if there is leather or not...some people may do. But in my opinion these are so nonsense point.

The only thing that "bothers" is that the MT has less power than the Comp.
That's a point I understand when people complain, altough I THINK BMW has reason's to give less power.
and yet again, I PERSONALLY don't give a fu**

MT makes fun. MT makes me happy. BMW offers a damn M Model with Manual Transmission in 2021. I thank BMW very very much for this
Appreciate 1
MT6718.50
      05-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #31
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.