BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

04-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #89
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

I’ve said it countless times and will keep saying it. You could take an RCF or GSF and put it in a time machine and send it back 15 years to the golden days of German NA V8Â’s and they still would not compare favorably with those dated platforms.

I am a former 2011 ISF owner and have a 2019 RCF in the family. I loved my ISF in its time and the RCF is a more polished example of that awesomeness, but it is old hat! I wonÂ’t let some misplaced sense of nostalgia about NA V8Â’s cloud my judgement about how well these F cars actually perform.

In my experience, the RCF is only faster than my M340i at speeds above 70mph and just barely. It feels too heavy when you push it and the interior electronics are inferior. From my perspective, the Lexus RCF is more on par with M-sport, not full M cars.

Regarding the actual comparison in the video; The track edition is a limited production golden sample of what should have been done to all their carsÂ… comparing limited edition cars to standard edition cars is pointless.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:27 AM   #90
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
I've said it countless times and will keep saying it. You could take an RCF or GSF and put it in a time machine and send it back 15 years to the golden days of German NA V8Â's and they still would not compare favorably with those dated platforms.

I am a former 2011 ISF owner and have a 2019 RCF in the family. I loved my ISF in its time and the RCF is a more polished example of that awesomeness, but it is old hat! I wonÂ't let some misplaced sense of nostalgia about NA V8Â's cloud my judgement about how well these F cars actually perform.

In my experience, the RCF is only faster than my M340i at speeds above 70mph and just barely. It feels too heavy when you push it and the interior electronics are inferior. From my perspective, the Lexus RCF is more on par with M-sport, not full M cars.

Regarding the actual comparison in the video; The track edition is a limited production golden sample of what should have been done to all their carsÂ… comparing limited edition cars to standard edition cars is pointless.
I would assume an RCF would be much more reliable. Compared to older BMW, I'd assume the RCF would have much better build quality and since it is a limited edition vehicle is likely to hold it's value much better.

From what I can tell, Toyota or any of the Japanese brands are pretty competitive with BMW when it comes to their top sports cars like the LS 500, NSX or GTR. BMW does a good job of putting their best engines on most of their models making their portfolio the most sporty.
Appreciate 0