BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

04-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #45
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I've driven a C63 AMG and hated it b/c it just couldn't get any traction. Now that the new one is All wheel drive it might be worth considering. But I do not like the infotainment setup at all.
The infotainment setup is why I won't buy any Mercedes. They are getting better and at least don't look too much like screens shoved into a dash anymore.
      04-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #46
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
The infotainment setup is why I won't buy any Mercedes. They are getting better and at least don't look too much like screens shoved into a dash anymore.
Not really much has changed as they simply moved the infotainment screen to a more Tesla style tablet. Seeing it's a copycat industry I expect we are going to see a generation of a lot of vehicles having the Tesla style tablet. Time will tell if interior buttons become extinct but I would prefer at the very least HVAC and volume controls still retain buttons and knobs. I hate sliders on LCD screens as they are always hard to set at exactly where you want and they leave greasy finger streaks all over the screen.
Appreciate 0