BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-06-2021, 10:48 AM   #1
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

My thoughts after the first 300 miles

Picked up the M3 yesterday...
...and put 300 mile on it already.

First let me say that I am the type of person that will just jump in the car and go for hours of driving with no real destination, I have a pretty stressful job sometimes and I will just jump in the car to destress.

I was lucky enough to find one in the UK in stock in a spec I love (the kyalami oranges is an amazing interior and the photos are mostly nothing like the colour.)

I was in 2 minds to wait for the AWD as I promised afte rmy M140i all my cars would be AWD for now on.

Once I had taken the m3 for a test drive ( I did 3) I fell in love with instantly!

When it comes to cars and gadgets I am the least patient person in the world ever - its like christmas.

I ordered the spec I wanted, asked the dealer if they had allocations and they said yes... Turns out the sales rep was new and did not know what an allocation is and they said I will receive the car later and later.

Bit of miscommunication and no ones fault as such.

With all the talk of delays etc etc (trust me I work with PC's and they have been HUGELY effected for a while now and believe a lot of cars will as well) I decided to look for a stock car.

I picked it up yesterday and hes is a quicik review for any one wondering RWD or AWD (wait it out or not).

Im still in breaking in period, but already this car just puts a smile on your face. The noise, the grip, the suspension I could not think of a better car for me to use as a daily!

I came from an m140i and drove it to collect the new M3, I never realsied how uncomfartable the seats were, until I sat in the cardon seats.

These things are epic! the only car in stock in the UK I liked had the ultimate pack and the deal breaker would have been the seats. But my god am I glad It had them the are easy to adjust, no where near as bad as I thought for getting in and out of for me or the OH - yes the wife love them!

For comparison Im 5 ft 7 and weigh 15 stone :-) Fat boys can fit in them fine.

The orange interior - if you are considering this, it looks epic. Far better in person go to see it and with the carbon and black saphire looks immense!

The technology - it really has everything I needed and the nannies do a great job. Spent a bit of time reading up and understanding them, the blind spot function is also simple but great.

I was lucky enough to get the michellin, and these are a great tyre. The grip is very good with very little slip and when it goes the nannies are there looking after you, feels like this car was made for pretty much any one to drive compared with the old car it feels another level.

The engine to me, sounds awesome. Loud enough for me to enjoy but not so loud every one turns and looks at it and thinks its a spaceship.

The ride quality is far better than my old car so for me its a level up - I see a lot of people wondering if the ride is good enough as a family car - for me, the wife and the kids after a few miles is 100%.

All in all an epic car and looking forward to getting used to it more and more - if you enjoy driving you will love this car :-)

I love the RWD, if I feel the need will upgrade in 2 years to AWD / tourer but for now even in the UK I dont see the need for myself (and I will get extra months driving it this summer rather than waiting for winter to drive the xdrive.)

No real bad points to this car, the thing I fell in love with is the looks so the grill, to me, looks awesome anyways and was never an issue.

I did get a discount and I am very happy paying how much I did for the car for the pelasure it will bring.

If you are in the middle and not sure which one to get, take the RWD for a spin.

In a few months I can hopefully drive the xdrive to compare, will I be dissapointed when it comes out? 100% no - as the enjoyement of the car now (for me) far outweighs the wait and If I like the xdrive, I have the next thing to get excited about because if this car can get any more epic it will be the next thing I buy as well I beleive.
Appreciate 6
EXE462100.00
Sbm007612.50
Scorp!on1511.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
chicagofan0019077.00
2011ninja3377.50
      05-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Congratulations! And thanks for your review, definitely put my mind at ease about RWD vs AWD

Happy driving!

Need to see some photos though
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Nice write up and congrats!! And I agree with above - PICTURES!!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 09:35 PM   #4
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Great summary, and congrats.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:28 AM   #5
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Very nice, thanks for sharing and congratulations!

My car should arrive today. I have already scheduled tomorrow as a vacation day.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0