BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #133
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Damn this is a rough crowd. Easy fellas, it's not that bad. Video was excellent. I'm not a yellow car guy but that one with the hood accents looked kinda bad azz. Still do not care for the grill. At all.
I really liked the yellow one too - reminded me of Bumblebee from the Transformers movies (which my 3yr old can’t stop talking about). Except, instead of a crappy 2006 Camaro it’s an M4. I like the fact that BMW isn’t taking itself too seriously and making these cars a bit whimsical. Not everything has to cold and stoic.
Allow me to be the first to appreciate your post.

I'm glad you are here my friend; welcome to our community.

Your 3-yo is on to something, in 15 or so years, your then 18-yo may be driving you places in the M4 telling you how good the good old days really were with BMW ( referring to today)

That's a win-win in my eye

Enjoy
      03-12-2022, 10:26 AM   #134
kyoung05
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post

Your 3-yo is on to something, in 15 or so years, your then 18-yo may be driving you places in the M4 telling you how good the good old days really were with BMW ( referring to today)

Enjoy
Thanks so much! Happy to be here!

My son took to cars really early on - first with Disney Cars, then Paw Patrol, and now Transformers. I also have a 16yr old brother in law that I am teaching how to drive - and while he’s never been a car guy, he is really starting to show an interest and is starting to appreciate driving something like my M340i vs my wife’s 4Runner. So, cars are a “vehicle” (pun intended) for me to share an experience with these boys, and hopefully help to cultivate a lifelong passion. And I don’t think you do that with cars that are either boring to drive or boring to look at.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #135
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Wtf are they thinking with these videos?
      03-12-2022, 03:48 PM   #136
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Marketing. I could never do it. That video is embarrassing, really.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 07:58 PM   #137
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy
Thanks so much! Happy to be here!

My son took to cars really early on - first with Disney Cars, then Paw Patrol, and now Transformers. I also have a 16yr old brother in law that I am teaching how to drive - and while he’s never been a car guy, he is really starting to show an interest and is starting to appreciate driving something like my M340i vs my wife’s 4Runner. So, cars are a “vehicle” (pun intended) for me to share an experience with these boys, and hopefully help to cultivate a lifelong passion. And I don’t think you do that with cars that are either boring to drive or boring to look at.
I hear you my friend.

My son turns 21 in 3 weeks or so. When he was two, he suffered third degree burns to most of his upper body in a clinic of all places. He was in hospital several months with several corrective surgeries.

Because he was in an isolated ward due to fear of infection, he had nobody to play with.

As there were both fire and ambulance stations near the hospital, he took a keen interest to fire engines. By the time he got out, he just about had a fire station in his hospital room.

And now, he would sell my soul for a turbo Supra 😂😂

Here he is with my car (which I hardly get to drive because he is the one who drives it most)
Attached Images

03-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #138
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

Quote:
I hear you my friend.

My son turns 21 in 3 weeks or so. When he was two, he suffered third degree burns to most of his upper body in a clinic of all places. He was in hospital several months with several corrective surgeries.

Because he was in an isolated ward due to fear of infection, he had nobody to play with.

As there were both fire and ambulance stations near the hospital, he took a keen interest to fire engines. By the time he got out, he just about had a fire station in his hospital room.

Here he is with my car (which I hardly get to drive because he is the one who drives it most)
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2022, 04:27 PM   #139
kyoung05
Private
Rep

Quote:
I hear you my friend.

Thanks for sharing - awesome to see that your son has the same passion!

By chance, is his interest in the Supra from the Fast and the Furious movies? If I recall the first one probably came out right around when he was born and they’ve been coming out with sequels ever since.

My son was (and kind of still is) really intro emergency vehicles. His “siren” sound is pretty uncanny!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2022, 06:51 PM   #140
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I hear you my friend.

Thanks for sharing - awesome to see that your son has the same passion!

By chance, is his interest in the Supra from the Fast and the Furious movies? If I recall the first one probably came out right around when he was born and they’ve been coming out with sequels ever since.

My son was (and kind of still is) really intro emergency vehicles. His “siren” sound is pretty uncanny!
He originally wanted the MR2 Toyota. As a single parent of an only child, I wasn't keen on buying the widow-maker MR2 for him with its notorious snap oversteer.

When he got the Supra, he didn't even have his full licence which means he couldn't drive it without me in the car. Almost five years and $30k later, he's almost finished converting it to a turbo version.

With regards to your son, it's uncanny that siren detection ability in young ones; Aria was able to tell if it was a police, ambulance, or fire truck by the sound of the siren; almost 20 years later, I still can't tell the difference 😂😂

Edit: not sure why the images rotated
Attached Images

03-14-2022, 03:34 PM   #141
kyoung05
Private
Rep

Quote:
He originally wanted the MR2 Toyota. As a single parent of an only child, I wasn't keen on buying the widow-maker MR2 for him with its notorious snap oversteer.

When he got the Supra, he didn't even have his full licence which means he couldn't drive it without me in the car. Almost five years and $30k later, he's almost finished converting it to a turbo version.

With regards to your son, it's uncanny that siren detection ability in young ones; Aria was able to tell if it was a police, ambulance, or fire truck by the sound of the siren; almost 20 years later, I still can't tell the difference 😂😂

Edit: not sure why the images rotated
Haha! That's so true - I have no idea how to distinguish the different vehicles based on their sirens!

Also, your son has great taste!
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #142
illirep
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

I think it was pretty entertaining and original!
Appreciate 1