You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
Nice. Can you go to your M1 menu, turn off sound control but drive around with the flaps open? How is it at HW speeds cruising?
Thats the first time I turned that sound option off. Doing that made the car feel silent like the valves were closed. I dont like it quiet like that at all. I like the fake interior sound. It sounds nicer to me with it on than off. The pops are so quiet compared to my old F80 M3 with bootmod3. My 2020 911 S pops are way louder too. So the pops we get now dont bother me at all. I can hardly hear them.

Valves wide open really doesn't do much for normal driving IMO. You have to be listening for it to really tell the difference. The difference is no more than 5% louder in all scenarios (full open) if you ask me.

Frankly I think cold and warm start get the best of out of it. Yes the pops and gurgles are a smidge louder, but you really have to be listening to tell.

I dont hear any drone if that's what you are worried about. You might hear the exhaust a little more, but it's not like honda civic fart cannon drone if that's what you are worried about.

Maybe wire yours open for a day and see what you think? Or just eat 200 and have another exhaust tone option to mess with.
      01-30-2022, 08:15 PM   #222
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
Nice. Can you go to your M1 menu, turn off sound control but drive around with the flaps open? How is it at HW speeds cruising?
Thats the first time I turned that sound option off. Doing that made the car feel silent like the valves were closed. I dont like it quiet like that at all. I like the fake interior sound. It sounds nicer to me with it on than off. The pops are so quiet compared to my old F80 M3 with bootmod3. My 2020 911 S pops are way louder too. So the pops we get now dont bother me at all. I can hardly hear them.

Valves wide open really doesn't do much for normal driving IMO. You have to be listening for it to really tell the difference. The difference is no more than 5% louder in all scenarios (full open) if you ask me.

Frankly I think cold and warm start get the best of out of it. Yes the pops and gurgles are a smidge louder, but you really have to be listening to tell.

I dont hear any drone if that's what you are worried about. You might hear the exhaust a little more, but it's not like honda civic fart cannon drone if that's what you are worried about.

Maybe wire yours open for a day and see what you think? Or just eat 200 and have another exhaust tone option to mess with.
Thanks this helps!
      01-31-2022, 01:10 PM   #223
MTM3
mt4life
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Got the CG precision valve controller installed today. Cold start is louder for sure, but nothing crazy. I actually like how it sounds starting up now, so I'm very happy I got mine with OPEN as the default function.

Its nice to hear some exhaust rumble when in comfort mode too. I like not having to put it in sport plus to hear anything. Spot plus gurgles and pops are more pronounced. I love how warm starts now sound. Very nice!

Id say this makes the exhaust 5% louder overall inside and out. To me the best part is how much nicer it sounds starting up. It's not so 3 series quiet sounding at startup anymore. Now when Im walking up to my car from a distance and staring it up with the keyfob, I can actually hear it roar.

I programmed mine to my homelink quick and easy. You literally just press a button on the keyfob they give you (x2) and hold one of the homelink buttons until it blinks rapidly and then turns green. So if I need to fire up in silent mode, I just press my homelink button before I start it up. Note... You have to press start button 3 times for homelinke to work without actually starting up the car. That puts you in diagnostic mode, but you simply just hold the brake and press start a 4th time to start up the engine and doing that will automatically leave diagnostic mode.

One final note... Mounting the box did not go as well as the instructions suggested. There is no exhaust hanger bolt to use. And limited things to attach it too on the driver side (where you start). The two silver star shaped bolts you see above the driver side valves on the body are too thick. Dont bother trying those. I ended up using the TOP bolt on the actual OEM valve actuator box.

For 200 bucks, it gets the BIGWORM stamp of approval.
Sounds great, no pun intended, thanks for the write up
What do we need choose in the highlighted portion

01-31-2022, 01:14 PM   #224
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM3 View Post
Sounds great, no pun intended, thanks for the write up
What did we choose in the highlighted portion

I choose full open as default. That way mine always starts loud (mostly for warm starts) and OEM function when off.

If I need to be quiet in the morning, I just turn it to OEM mode. You can do that with the provided remote, or you use homelink buttons you program to on/off.

If you choose to use homeline buttons, you will have to press start button 3 times (dont hold brake or it will start) for homelink to turn on so you can close them. Once closed, simply press the brake and start button one more time to fire it up and exit diagnostic mode and it starts up like normal.
M4Tejas795.50
      01-31-2022, 01:24 PM   #225
MTM3
mt4life
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
I choose full open as default. That way mine always starts loud (mostly for warm starts) and OEM function when off.

If I need to be quiet in the morning, I just turn it to OEM mode. You can do that with the provided remote, or you use homelink buttons you program to on/off.

If you choose to use homeline buttons, you will have to press start button 3 times (dont hold brake or it will start) for homelink to turn on so you can close them. Once closed, simply press the brake and start button one more time to fire it up and exit diagnostic mode and it starts up like normal.
Awesome - THANK YOU
BIGW0RM3171.00
HNSKP314.50
      01-31-2022, 05:42 PM   #226
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
I can't wait to try mine. I'm sitting at "Shipment Ready for UPS". Hopefully I'll get it this week. I hope I don't have any issues with it. CG's support appears to be non-existent.

(SOLD) 2018 M2 BSM LCI, DCT, Executive, Drivers Assist, CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 05:53 PM   #227
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 410 View Post
I can't wait to try mine. I'm sitting at "Shipment Ready for UPS". Hopefully I'll get it this week. I hope I don't have any issues with it. CG's support appears to be non-existent.
Yeah CG's support is very spotty. I had PM'd twice on ebay before he finally responded. So far mine is working as expected. I hope it stays that way. Best luck getting yours sooner than later!
      01-31-2022, 11:16 PM   #228
HNSKP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M3 base

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Same status since last Friday. Hoping for some updates.
Appreciate 1
HTTP 4102141.50
      02-01-2022, 04:43 AM   #229
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G80 M3C, Tesla M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNSKP View Post
Quote:
Experiencing the same as you. Placed my order last friday and within an hour I got an update saying the order was in process. However the status has stayed on this now. I messaged CG Precision and they told me it will take 2-3 more days before the models with the settings I requested are ready…
Appreciate 2
HTTP 4102141.50
HNSKP314.50
      02-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #230
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylianHamilton View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Experiencing the same as you. Placed my order last friday and within an hour I got an update saying the order was in process. However the status has stayed on this now. I messaged CG Precision and they told me it will take 2-3 more days before the models with the settings I requested are ready…
Did you order from them directly? My status changed last Friday as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just proactively communicate. It seems like customer service across the board just sucks.

Appreciate 2
      02-01-2022, 08:23 AM   #231
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just proactively communicate. It seems like customer service across the board just sucks.
Yeah absolutely true, especially since it said shipping would only take a day, so I expected it to arrive within 2-3 days, however since the initial first update they haven't been communicating on the status of the order. I believe they were back ordered for 3-4 weeks before so I hope it isn't one of those and we have to wait for ages…
Appreciate 1
HTTP 4102141.50
      02-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #232
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

CG provides the tracking number a few days before the item ship out. Please allow up to 1 week for the tracking to be updated.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2022, 03:11 PM   #233
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Just pulled the trigger to upgrade to an M3 Comp. xDrive and I think the CG valve may be the way to go. I've had the BurgerTuning OBDII CAN Module since my 2015 M3 and love being able to quickly switch between fully open (which I drive 99% of the time), OEM, and fully closed with the push of the indicator button.

However, I'm learning it is not that simple with the G8x series, and I would need to actually get under the car and attach something, rather than just plugging in something to the OBDII port (like I have on my current 2020 M4).

The CG looks like the easiest and most flexible solution, but any other recommendations are appreciated! Glad I found this thread!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #234
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep

Garage List
I was told by CG today that my order will actually ship tomorrow. We'll see. Don't bother using their support email address or phone number if you actually want to get a response from them. Email sales@cgprecision.com instead.

Appreciate 3
FISH225410.50
HNSKP314.50
      02-07-2022, 04:44 PM   #235
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Still amazed that some want to be able to close the valves. I wired them open, as I originally posted, and only wish they were louder. I haven't heard any exhaust combo that I would say really sounds great. Some better than others. But I can't conceive of ever wanting them quieter. Hence, no way I'd spend $200 or whatever to make it happen. Still, to each his own. Much quicker and free to have them open fully.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #236
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Still amazed that some want to be able to close the valves. I wired them open, as I originally posted, and only wish they were louder. I haven't heard any exhaust combo that I would say really sounds great. Some better than others. But I can't conceive of ever wanting them quieter. Hence, no way I'd spend $200 or whatever to make it happen. Still, to each his own. Much quicker and free to have them open fully.
People living in cities may prefer the closed setup. Still going to be doing exhaust mods in the G80 but on my F87 M2 whenever I would leave my home past 10 PM I'd make sure to start the car with the valves closed to not upset the neighbours. I live in a small city and there's homes close to my garage.

And sure whenever you're driving around have the flaps fully open but when cruising on the freeway for hours it's nice to close the valves aswell and enjoy the music a bit more and be able to have a normal conversation.

Best set-up for me is as loud as possible when I want to and it being able to be quiet as well.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144446.50
      02-08-2022, 01:59 AM   #237
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
People living in cities may prefer the closed setup. Still going to be doing exhaust mods in the G80 but on my F87 M2 whenever I would leave my home past 10 PM I'd make sure to start the car with the valves closed to not upset the neighbours. I live in a small city and there's homes close to my garage.

And sure whenever you're driving around have the flaps fully open but when cruising on the freeway for hours it's nice to close the valves aswell and enjoy the music a bit more and be able to have a normal conversation.

Best set-up for me is as loud as possible when I want to and it being able to be quiet as well.
I agree with this line of reasoning.

I'll probably purchase the CG Controller when my car's production moves further along. Will likely select "Open" for default setting and "Automatic (Factory)" for activated settings. So that I can easily switch between fully open and OEM (but not fully closed).

EDIT: I just wish there was a method that didn't require any wiring under the car, like the CAN Module for the F8x. But I guess that is not an option for the G8x :/
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2022, 02:58 AM   #238
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post

I'll probably purchase the CG Controller when my car's production moves further along. Will likely select "Open" for default setting and "Automatic (Factory)" for activated settings. So that I can easily switch between fully open and OEM (but not fully closed).

EDIT: I just wish there was a method that didn't require any wiring under the car, like the CAN Module for the F8x. But I guess that is not an option for the G8x :/
There is a CAN module for the G8x. Shmee150 (?) Remus video mentions it. I seriously considered it when it was on sale for ~ €500. But I couldn’t find anyone who was comfortable splicing into my cars wiring. And price has gone back up to 800. The main thing that I may consider it, for a cheaper price, is because you fully open and close the valves with the sound control button and you can turn off that awful cold start. Still too much money for a couple of wires.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144446.50
      02-08-2022, 03:02 AM   #239
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:

There is a CAN module for the G8x. Shmee150 (?) Remus video mentions it. I seriously considered it when it was on sale for ~ €500. But I couldn't find anyone who was comfortable splicing into my cars wiring. And price has gone back up to 800. The main thing that I may consider it, for a cheaper price, is because you fully open and close the valves with the sound control button and you can turn off that awful cold start. This too much money for a couple of wires.
The BMS CAN module doesn't have any wiring. It just plugs into the OBDII port right by the trunk switch in the F8x. I was under the impression there is no easily accessible OBDII port to plug in a module like that for the G8x, or am I mistaken?

Edit: by trunk switch, I mean the port right by the driver's left foot (US car), where the button is to open the trunk in the F8x near the peddles

That's what I love about the Burger Motorsport one - no wiring. Just plug something in and pull it out easily to return to factory.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 03:09 AM   #240
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
The BMS can module doesn't have any wiring. It just plugs into the OBDII port right by the trunk switch in the F8x. I was under the impression there is no easily accessible OBDII port to plug in a module like that for the G8x, or am I mistake?

Edit: by trunk switch, I mean the port right by the driver's left foot (US car), where the button is to open the trunk in the F8x near the peddles

That's what I love about the Burger Motorsport one - no wiring. Just plug something in and pull it out easily to return to factory.
Sorry, I meant the can bus by LEIB. I guess they are the same people that make the gpf delete cables for us in Europe. The module was made for F97 but they confirmed it works for G8x as they are basically the same. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link here.

There is an obd port on the right next to the driver (uk) side fuse box.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144446.50
      02-08-2022, 10:23 AM   #241
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
The BMS can module doesn't have any wiring. It just plugs into the OBDII port right by the trunk switch in the F8x. I was under the impression there is no easily accessible OBDII port to plug in a module like that for the G8x, or am I mistake?

Sorry, I meant the can bus by LEIB. I guess they are the same people that make the gpf delete cables for us in Europe. The module was made for F97 but they confirmed it works for G8x as they are basically the same. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link here.

There is an obd port on the right next to the driver (uk) side fuse box.
Thank you for that info!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 11:04 AM   #242
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Is it possible to install the CG PRECISION VSC-2 without a lift? I am thinking of ordering one.
Appreciate 0