BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-10-2021, 07:11 AM   #23
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

My guess would be bureaucratic overhead for filing the paperworks which would be acceptable for a "mass-market" competition, but unacceptable for the 2% take-rate for standard 6Mt (assuming the paperwork etc. would have to be filed for each variant, cause otherwise it wouldn't make sense)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 06:10 AM   #24
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Apparently lots of people in the UK are very upset they wont have the option to get a manual for the G80/G82 and have taken to the streets in protest. Authorities estimate as many as SEVEN people are outside BMW UK Headquarters.

As an enthusiast I also get upset when manufacturers no longer offer manual for certain models/markets and I get excited when I see a new car offered with manual or even when I see an older manual Audi or Mercedes for sale on bring-a-trailer etc... But I'm not buying a manual G80 for myself

Some of us still love manuals and want to see them stay, but don't buy them anymore. Shame on us
That is a bizarre mindset haha, but whatever makes you happy my man.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      01-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #25
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
That is a bizarre mindset haha, but whatever makes you happy my man.
LoL I know!

I plan to daily my G80 so auto is an advatnage. I've daily'd 6 sp stick in the past but rather have an auto. I might get a beater for those rainy / bad weather days or to park at the airport or park n ride for business travel etc. so that beater might be stick shift...

Practically I can make a 6 sp G80 work but I want to try AWD for traction at low speeds on the street. I'm not a drag racer but I enjoy acceleration and I don't want wheel spin through 1st & 2nd like an F80 or when my F30 was modded. I also want my wife to be able to drive my car.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #26
bertonellus
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
My guess would be bureaucratic overhead for filing the paperworks which would be acceptable for a "mass-market" competition, but unacceptable for the 2% take-rate for standard 6Mt (assuming the paperwork etc. would have to be filed for each variant, cause otherwise it wouldn't make sense)
Yet Porsche does this without a second thought!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 08:06 AM   #27
bertonellus
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
I've put a deposit for a RHD 6MT G80 in Hong Kong. The price is TBC and should be confirmed later this month. My production slot is for March.

I've attached the spec that was sent to me from the salesperson.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember I saw somewhere that the F8x 6MT takers was about 2% in UK and that was why they decided not to offer it for G8x?
Could you ask your dealer whether they are able to do a tax free sale to Trinidad? If so I will pay them, they will get a production slot and the car can be shipped direct to Trinidad. Much appreciated if you could find this out for me.
Appreciate 0