BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-28-2023, 12:42 PM   #23
DjpeakSD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB1969 View Post
First off, the gap won't be any different with 19's vs 20's. The overall diameter is going to be the same if you went with 20's, as the tire would be a lower profile tire. Again, gap should be identical. Also, if you went with 20's up front your ride quality would suffer. How much is hard to say, but it would. I actually like the staggered look, but that's just me.

Can't speak to the newer Audis, but I did own a 2014 RS5.

The RS5 I assume is a bit more agile than an RS7 given the size and weight difference. I thought the RS5 was a sharp looking car. And the high-revving normally-aspirated V8 was phenomenal. But that's where the love affair ended. It felt heavy, wasn't that fun to drive, felt very sterile, and so on. Honestly, I couldn't wait to sell it.

The M3 to me is just so much more fun to drive and dynamic than the RS5 was. Night and day. I think if you love to drive, you are going to enjoy the M3 much more than the RS7.

But if feeling like a baller is your thing, maybe keep the RS7. That doesn't really enter into the equation for me. That said, I will say that I see very, very few M3's in the San Francisco Bay Area. They must be out there, but I think I've literally only seen 2 in the last 4 to 5 months. Maybe I just don't get out that much.

As for interior color, Kyalami, Silverstone, Ivory or Black would work. The Tartufo "might" go also. Hard to say, I'd have to see it. From the pics here, gotta say although I am typically not a fan of Ivory (mainly I'd worry about keeping it clean), Voodoo does look good with it!

Thank you for these pics!! Same thing I was thinking with Ivory, that pic you posted, looks so dang sexy! The pic with the orange actually looks good too.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 12:59 PM   #24
DjpeakSD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagus007 View Post
I just sold my 2018 A7 w/ APR tune for a 22 M3cx and couldn’t be happier. I didn’t need all the extra space in the A7 although I did love it. I previously had a 16 S7, 19 RS3, & 5 different S4’s over the years. I love Audi. That said, not much can give you the same experience that the G8X’s can offer. Simple as that. It’s my daily driver and I go to the mountains in snow storms chasing powder regularly as possible here in Vermont. Get the extended leather and go for something wild. Enjoy!
You're speaking my language here man, thank you for your feedback! I just got back from Mammoth and we scored on tons of fresh. Got my 20th day on the mountain this year, and have scored every trip up there. Thanks again for this.

I am getting a wild exterior color (Voodoo). Just don't know if I can pull that off with Kyalami with a blue exterior. Yours looks amazing btw.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 09:11 PM   #25
Patagus007
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 CompX, 22 X3M Comp

Garage List
2022 M3 Comp X  [7.50]
Right on! Having a good season out there!! Just a little jealous. Thankful for our recent nor’easter. It dumped 3’ but that’s nothing compared to your season.

I would go for the blue/orange. I thought I wanted silver stone until I sat in the KO and knew it was right. It’s an amazing color with the carbon and interior lights. Especially if you are going for the buckets. I think it would really hit voodoo on kyalami orange, just saying you can’t go wrong.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:58 AM   #26
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

I do miss sir suspension. I agree it is “less baller” but overall I like the m3cx more than my rs6.

Carbon buckets are a must in any color of choice.
Attached Images

'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2023, 08:03 AM   #27
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Grandmarquis 92, X6 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
I do miss sir suspension. I agree it is “less baller” but overall I like the m3cx more than my rs6.

Carbon buckets are a must in any color of choice.
Wow your car looks fantastic. Love the wheels. Did you have it lowered with CETE or the factory scan tool?

It’s funny how the other side is always greener. I actually wanna get into an RS6 coming from a g82. I feel like I’m ready for a luxury and comfort upgrade.

Do you think fun factor wise I would be happy switching to an RS6? Does it still get the job done? I’m assuming the V8 plays a big role in putting a smile on your face. (Would upgrade exhaust for sure in my case to really get the full v8 experience).
Appreciate 1
nsquared377.50
      03-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #28
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Breazy View Post
Wow your car looks fantastic. Love the wheels. Did you have it lowered with CETE or the factory scan tool?

It’s funny how the other side is always greener. I actually wanna get into an RS6 coming from a g82. I feel like I’m ready for a luxury and comfort upgrade.

Do you think fun factor wise I would be happy switching to an RS6? Does it still get the job done? I’m assuming the V8 plays a big role in putting a smile on your face. (Would upgrade exhaust for sure in my case to really get the full v8 experience).
Actually for daily driving, I was on ghost links. I also had CETE installed for shows to go lower.

Regular air ride (going up) works w/ ghost links.

I think overall I prefer BMW to Audi. I find the G80 M3CX (soon M3CS) to be a bit more drive-able despite being less comfortable (overall).

There are features I like more in the BMW
  • Idrive 8
  • carbon seats
  • carbon roof

Yes, the RS6, with my full akra exhaust sounded amazing. Can't beat that for sure.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 11:37 AM   #29
M4CompConv/X7
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Conv & BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjpeakSD View Post
Hey guys!

This thread will be all over the place but hopefully you can track me.
I have a 2021 Audi RS7 and love the car and brand (Wife has SQ7) but it is time for a change. I got an allocation for an M3 and am going to do paint to sample Voodoo blue and I am really excited about it. Here are some of my issues/questions.

1. Anyone here have experience going from an Audi to BMW especially a big car like an RS7? I love the air suspension on my car and feel that the M3 will for sure be sportier but a little less baller if that makes sense. I never see my car on the road, like very rare, which I like.

2. I am very torn on interior color. I love the Kyalami and have seen it in person and still loved it, just not sure it goes with Voodoo all that much. Then it would be Silverstone or Ivory after that, which match the exterior color (not sure that matters).

3. Wheels - I have read through thread after thread about wheels. I love the 826 wheels but hate the 19's in the front. is getting an 826 rear set and putting them up front an option? I plan to lower as well and looking into the best options for lowering as well.

I told you this was all over the place but if you have some input for me, I'll take it.
Here is my RS7

Thanks,
JP
[IMG][/IMG]
Love the Nardo Grey on that car!
In fact, it was the exact color I test drove.
Audi lowballing my E93 trade-in was what kept me from buying...

Last edited by M4CompConv/X7; 04-06-2023 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
JeetG80x323.50
      03-30-2023, 08:56 AM   #30
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

What is wrong with OP. Why would you give up such a beautiful car for M3… the R7S would compare to M5 CS or Grand 8
Series.. sick RS7 BTW..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 10:31 AM   #31
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
What is wrong with OP. Why would you give up such a beautiful car for M3… the R7S would compare to M5 CS or Grand 8
Series.. sick RS7 BTW..
CS? Really?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 04:47 PM   #32
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ive got a 19 S4 that ive modded to hell because it felt ‘numb’ stock. Much more fun to drive now.

I will be getting the CS soon. That being said i have driven a few g80s and i feel like i wont have to mod it as much, for obvious reasons.

Im not a big fan of the way audi is going with their interiors and i feel like the cars havent changed that much. BMW is doing a lot more cool things when it comes to sports cars. That being said, i did consider an rs6…just didnt really like the interior and how big it felt.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 10:49 AM   #33
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I had an A6 and an S5 (V8). Great cars, but kind of a snooze to drive.

I looked at the S6 before I bought my 550, and it just didn't do it for me.

I think a big part of it is what you're used to, but for me, the BMW compromise of ride/handling is just about perfect. Audi, it seems to me, doesn't really do either one right.

The S7 is gorgeous, no doubt.

I've had several cars with the ivory interior, and I've had no problems keeping them clean. Just don't let the kids eat or drink cool-aid in the car.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 08:28 AM   #34
JS21
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey M3 Cx

I’d be very surprised if the 826M rear wheels fit in the front. Not because of rim diameter. But because of the rim/tire width. I’d expect it to hit the sidewalks when turning. You’re probably better off with an aftermarket set of rims. There are plenty to choose from. Check out the tire/rim section of this forum.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00
      04-01-2023, 10:47 AM   #35
8250_RPM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (G80)

I test drove an RS6 and an M3 base back to back. Initial impressions of the RS6 were all focused around interior quality, looks/stance, size (I have four kids), and V8 power. It was nice and I thought about it for a couple days afterwards. As for the M3, although it wasn’t nearly as beautiful and aggressive in appearance, it more than made up for it with how the car ‘felt’ and although the manual feel isn’t the best, it was more alive than the Audi’s paddles. I thought about the M3 constantly until I purchased it about a week later. The feel of it ultimately became more important to me as I don’t care what other people think of its looks. That being said, I get compliments everywhere I go and personally think the G80 is a stunner in the right light and with the right color. I’m biased as most are with what we landed on but Black (BSM) with the Kyalami Orange interior is a killer combo.

Voodoo Blue is a great color and if I ever get to spec a new P-car, I’d probably consider it, Mexico Blie, or Miami Blue. With the orange interior, not sure how you could go wrong. It works on a lot of exterior colors but all personal preference. I get a lot of compliments on the interior as well.

So…I’m not disappointed in my decision six months later. In fact, I’m confident the RS6 would’ve bored me but I prefer sportier cars and would say the M3 most definitely is that vs. the RS platform.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 02:51 PM   #36
DjpeakSD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for all the comments gents! Order officially placed and color accepted by BMW.
M3 competition
Voodoo blue
Full Silverstone interior
Every option besides carbon buckets. I love the look and did get a chance to sit in them but Idid have a pretty bad back injury a year ago and thankfully I'm doing much better but thought I should go with more of a comfortable seat. I do have to park pretty close to my wall in my garage so my door can only open up like a third of the way, and have to image that would be difficult to get in and out of.
Only options I didn't get are buckets, wireless charging, and 5G.
I sprung for the Carbon Ceramic brakes and M Sport suspension so this thing should be looking pretty good at delivery. Since I'm missing the Carbon buckets, I'm gonna order the full Carbon seat backs which should give me a pretty good look.
Appreciate 4
adr_M3368.50
bri10425937.00