BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-21-2022, 05:46 PM   #67
maverick618
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 6MT

Just got off the phone with Genius (Darcy says hi to everyone lol) and my car is probably maybe on Auto Energy but doesn't actually show up in the system as having been loaded into a ship. Last status update for me was 9/11, exiting port from Bremerhaven. But no other info she could find. She did say there's a chance it might be on the donnington too, but really no idea.

Been waiting since January, what's another month I guess....
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #68
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick618 View Post
Just got off the phone with Genius (Darcy says hi to everyone lol) and my car is probably maybe on Auto Energy but doesn't actually show up in the system as having been loaded into a ship. Last status update for me was 9/11, exiting port from Bremerhaven. But no other info she could find. She did say there's a chance it might be on the donnington too, but really no idea.

Been waiting since January, what's another month I guess....
😂 I've spoken with her a few times. Shes the most inquisitive one that I have spoken to.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2022, 07:35 PM   #69
maverick618
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
😂 I've spoken with her a few times. Shes the most inquisitive one that I have spoken to.
Yea she spent like 10 minutes looking all kinds of stuff up trying to help, and we chatted about how great manuals are 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #70
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Looks like Auto Energy made it to Vigo and is currently moored. Bad news is that it looks like the next destination port is Sagunto, Spain with ETA of 9/25 which is completely back tracking towards Barcelona. I have a feeling none of us are going to make it to port Hueneme by 10/15
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #71
samsm550
Rep
Drives: BMWM550iXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
Looks like Auto Energy made it to Vigo and is currently moored. Bad news is that it looks like the next destination port is Sagunto, Spain with ETA of 9/25 which is completely back tracking towards Barcelona. I have a feeling none of us are going to make it to port Hueneme by 10/15
I will talk to the BMW NA rep on Monday hopefully will hear back a few days after I have reached out to him and find out what is going on.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #72
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
I hope we get some sort of discount from BMW, it's looking like we probably won't get our cars for months. I just spoke to someone on the Genius hotline, and they said they still show the car getting to California on 10/15 but processing at the Baltimore port the same day. The way I interpret that is that they intend to ship it to California first, put it on a different vessel from California to Baltimore, and then it'll come to me, but based on how this is going, it's looking like we probably will end up back at one of the German ports before getting on any boat to the U.S. My car was finished being built in early August, and it's looking like I'd be lucky to get it before December at this point...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #73
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Quote:
I hope we get some sort of discount from BMW, it's looking like we probably won't get our cars for months. I just spoke to someone on the Genius hotline, and they said they still show the car getting to California on 10/15 but processing at the Baltimore port the same day. The way I interpret that is that they intend to ship it to California first, put it on a different vessel from California to Baltimore, and then it'll come to me, but based on how this is going, it's looking like we probably will end up back at one of the German ports before getting on any boat to the U.S. My car was finished being built in early August, and it's looking like I'd be lucky to get it before December at this point...
Same here. WK 32 done on August 11. It looks like some that are produced wk36 are getting on boats to east coast now. It's like they moved us aside and it moved the car arrival times to the US by months and people getting produced now are having everything moved right along. The part that is annoying is that no one knows anything
Appreciate 1
T3F45.50
      09-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #74
samsm550
Rep
Drives: BMWM550iXdrive

Quote:

You wont they are going to blame it on shortages and parts.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 12:55 PM   #75
PNWM4CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4CX

I'm a wk 29 build on this ship as well. It was so exciting seeing the progress of it being built only to sit awaiting carrier for a month and now this. It will probably be snowing here by the time I get my car. Anyways the UECC site doesn't show my car arriving in Vigo so I guess that means we got offloaded in Barcelona. There is a ship that arrived yesterday the Glovis Courage that I can't find a schedule for. Might be our last hope of getting to the west coast by 10/15.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #76
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM4CX View Post
I'm a wk 29 build on this ship as well. It was so exciting seeing the progress of it being built only to sit awaiting carrier for a month and now this. It will probably be snowing here by the time I get my car. Anyways the UECC site doesn't show my car arriving in Vigo so I guess that means we got offloaded in Barcelona. There is a ship that arrived yesterday the Glovis Courage that I can't find a schedule for. Might be our last hope of getting to the west coast by 10/15.
I noticed that we don't see any status update for vigo either and it has now left the port at vigo headed towards sagunto (back through Gibraltar!)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #77
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I think we can start to assume we may have been offloaded in Barcelona with no update for Vigo on status. I've been reading on the ******f forums and people have some ideas that are interesting there. It looks like Barcelona was discharge only and didn't load anything up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 02:53 PM   #78
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Same here. WK 32 done on August 11. It looks like some that are produced wk36 are getting on boats to east coast now. It's like they moved us aside and it moved the car arrival times to the US by months and people getting produced now are having everything moved right along. The part that is annoying is that no one knows anything
As samsm550 said I highly doubt they will and will most likely blame it on parts and labor shortages. It would be nice though.

I'm in the same boat as y'all, I placed my order in January for a MY 2022 when interest rates through BMWFS were at 1.9%, eventually got an allocation in July for a MY 2023 which as we all know has an MSRP bump of $3700 and interest rates had also increased to 3.99% but whatever at least things were starting to look up. I was finally scheduled for BW31 which ended up in QC for almost a week, then stuck at port for about a month and now on this ship cruising around Europe with no end in sight. Meanwhile the positive equity in my current vehicle (2019 Mercedes' CLS450) has rapidly decreased and may possibly turn negative once the car finally arrives. At least Porsche lets you lock in pricing when you place the order, not when you actually receive an allocation. This whole process has me salty af
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 03:02 PM   #79
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Okay so this is a scenario which may make sense and might be the most hopeful that we have. The cars may have unloaded in Barcelona. There is a vessel called Glovis Courage that is currently there. It is not one of the normal BMW boats but has transported Teslas. It has gone to Shanghai and to California to do so in the past. If this is the boat and it is getting loaded at the moment then it could explain why the west coast is the port even for east coasters. We are no doubt getting transported from the west coast at this point.

Glovis Courage is also at the same dock in Barcelona that auto energy was on the tracker 🤞🏽

This would helpfully still mean a 10/15 arrival at hueneme
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 04:14 PM   #80
bamabimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 (soon... ish)

Quote:
Glovis Courage is also at the same dock in Barcelona that auto energy was on the tracker 🤞🏽
Nice catch, I definitely missed that detail! It appears this ship has actually brought BMWs to the west coast in the past too... I feel like it might be our ride.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1144881
Appreciate 1
svgM3635.50
      09-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #81
KrustyTheClown
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:

Good catch!

Here's a satellite image of that dock. Sure looks like that's a car lot! Finger's crossed...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #82
DVG 335
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Comp XD & 22 X3 XD

If I squint enough, I think I can see my BG G80 getting ready to be loaded on....

Hopefully this is the ship we are getting on.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #83
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
Okay so this is a scenario which may make sense and might be the most hopeful that we have. The cars may have unloaded in Barcelona. There is a vessel called Glovis Courage that is currently there. It is not one of the normal BMW boats but has transported Teslas. It has gone to Shanghai and to California to do so in the past. If this is the boat and it is getting loaded at the moment then it could explain why the west coast is the port even for east coasters. We are no doubt getting transported from the west coast at this point.

This would helpfully still mean a 10/15 arrival at hueneme
Thanks for the info! I looked at the schedules from the normal carriers, and the only possibility I saw there if we got offloaded in Barcelona was that we could get on Drive Green Highway on 10/6 and be delivered to Galveston on 11/2. That...would not be ideal.

I'm somewhat hope they leave the east coast ships on Auto Energy, offload them at Zeebrugge or Bremerhaven, and stick them on a ship to the correct port -- all things considered, that would probably be the way we get our cars the fastest.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 06:48 PM   #84
PNWM4CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4CX

Glovis Courage is heading for Slovenia.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 07:16 PM   #85
kamslm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C

Garage List
2020 BMW M550ix  [0.00]
Here is the latest from my CA in Norcal.

Name:  IMG_4611 copy.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  1.57 MB
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 07:20 PM   #86
KrustyTheClown
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 07:52 PM   #87
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That makes sense. The boat would make multiple stops on the way to Shanghai and the over the pacific. But who knows!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 07:52 PM   #88
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
We can kiss that small sliver of hope good bye. Now what?
Appreciate 0