G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

04-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #23
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
Your car was made w/o a RAM module, parked in a lot with many vehicles destined for other bigger/smaller markets in the world. I do not know how BMW selected which car received a RAM first. They probably did F this part up. Everyone at a dealer level was left unaware. I was frustrated as well telling clients 'I don't know.'

Many of my friends at other stores are saying the same thing but maybe you know more about the FIFO process with them

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the car now!
I still don't have the M3. It's awaiting carrier assignment so I'm almost at 11 months and waiting now. I've had a friend order and receive a Porsche quicker than me.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 04:00 PM   #24
kmssmm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: On Waiting 2022 BMW G80 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Quote:
Your car was made w/o a RAM module, parked in a lot with many vehicles destined for other bigger/smaller markets in the world. I do not know how BMW selected which car received a RAM first. They probably did F this part up. Everyone at a dealer level was left unaware. I was frustrated as well telling clients 'I don't know.'

Many of my friends at other stores are saying the same thing but maybe you know more about the FIFO process with them

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the car now!
I still don't have the M3. It's awaiting carrier assignment so I'm almost at 11 months and waiting now. I've had a friend order and receive a Porsche quicker than me.
Same build week with yours, salesperson just send me a screenshot shows my car is still not shipped, I don't how many weeks I should be waiting
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 04:34 PM   #25
masd79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Found a listing for a used Lexus at a BMW dealership.

https://www.bmwgrandriver.com/used/vehicle/2022-lexus-is-500-base-id11426759.htm

Would love to hear the story behind this one, as in what did the customer trade it in for? And curious if the dealership will actually get the overinflated selling price.
Terrible and overpriced. Most Lexus cars drive boring.
Except the lx600.. j just got one, that's about everything this brand is about
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #26
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
I agree, if I communicated so poorly with my customers the way my dealer does with me, I'd be out of business. Also, trying to ram a price increase down my throat after I signed a contract is totally unacceptable!😡
That is definitely poor business practice and they should have definitely secured your pricing!
Oh I fought and won that battle. Had to go right to the President & CEO to get it done ✅
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:28 PM   #27
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, if I communicated so poorly with my customers the way my dealer does with me, I'd be out of business. Also, trying to ram a price increase down my throat after I signed a contract is totally unacceptable!😡
This is the communication post I am referring to in my most recent reply to Kimchiguy79

The dealer should have locked in your 2021 price before the year change over
Absolutely! I had to take on BMW Corporate Head Office to have it reversed.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 11:54 AM   #28
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

I just read on a Lexus Facebook page that dealerships are cancelling customers' Lexus IS500 orders for now. They will be put back on a waitlist according to when they placed their initial order. Production has been halted in Japan until August 2022. While not ideal, I feel like this is a much tighter and logical way to adapt. Instead of taking orders everywhere en mass, overpromising and underdelivering in a chaotic fashion.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 06:27 AM   #29
Cee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
A I said before from the info my buddy from Europe an ex-Bmw employee when I asked for him to look into the car situation with the RAM. He said the cars get parked where there’s space, they’re supposed to be set up in regions and they get fixed as they are accessible, and shipped as such as well. So imagine if your car is sitting 20 rows deep, by the time they get to yours can be a while. I thought he was bullshitting me and didn’t want to make a couple of phone calls, but now it makes sense why you have certain cars fixed and shipped before others ( parkade lottery) as port were swamped with RAM recalls etc..
maybe he’s wrong maybe he’s right, after all he said only option is to cancel or put up with it and wait till it gets sorted.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2022, 08:14 AM   #30
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just read on a Lexus Facebook page that dealerships are cancelling customers' Lexus IS500 orders for now. They will be put back on a waitlist according to when they placed their initial order. Production has been halted in Japan until August 2022. While not ideal, I feel like this is a much tighter and logical way to adapt. Instead of taking orders everywhere en mass, overpromising and underdelivering in a chaotic fashion.
Agreed. My BMW dealer has canceled my MY22 M3 order and promised it will order a MY23 for me as soon as the '23 order guide is released. Now I have to wait🤷(Though I've already been waiting since last November when I originally place the '22 order)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 10:35 AM   #31
skinnyroots
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
A I said before from the info my buddy from Europe an ex-Bmw employee when I asked for him to look into the car situation with the RAM. He said the cars get parked where there’s space, they’re supposed to be set up in regions and they get fixed as they are accessible, and shipped as such as well. So imagine if your car is sitting 20 rows deep, by the time they get to yours can be a while. I thought he was bullshitting me and didn’t want to make a couple of phone calls, but now it makes sense why you have certain cars fixed and shipped before others ( parkade lottery) as port were swamped with RAM recalls etc..
maybe he’s wrong maybe he’s right, after all he said only option is to cancel or put up with it and wait till it gets sorted.
This would explain why the later builds are showing up before the earlier ones. Why move potentially hundreds of cars out of the way when there's another one that's ready to go at the front of the queue? It's a shitty business practice, but it makes sense from a logistical standpoint.

Last edited by skinnyroots; 04-29-2022 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #32
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. My BMW dealer has canceled my MY22 M3 order and promised it will order a MY23 for me as soon as the '23 order guide is released. Now I have to wait🤷(Though I've already been waiting since last November when I originally place the '22 order)
Sorry to hear that - I hope you won't see any drastic price increases for the the MY23 builds!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 08:15 PM   #33
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear that - I hope you won't see any drastic price increases for the the MY23 builds!
Me too, but I expect it won't be pretty! 😬
Appreciate 0