BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-10-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
J444VVA
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 Xdrive

Hi Guy's,

I have just recently been coding some options and I changed the display options layout on the instrument cluster to M Performance 200mph, however since I have done this the M1 and M2 buttons have disappeared on the interface.

I can press the buttons and I can feel the difference but nothing is displayed, I have tried coding it back to standard and again nothing has happened?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 03:06 AM   #2
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: VERDE ERMES G82 M4 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Ste View Post
Hi Guy's,

I have just recently been coding some options and I changed the display options layout on the instrument cluster to M Performance 200mph, however since I have done this the M1 and M2 buttons have disappeared on the interface.

I can press the buttons and I can feel the difference but nothing is displayed, I have tried coding it back to standard and again nothing has happened?
Oh no. Not sure which coding platform you are using, but it should of taken a backup on the original which you can revert back to. If you have tried this then you may need to contact one of the experts in the coding platform you are using.

Good luck!
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 1
J444VVA302.00
      05-06-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
Wildfire!
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Hi Guy's,

I can confirm that in my new M4. Additionally, if I go back to the panel layout (using Bimmercode), the Unassigned option for the panel is gone. I had to restore an older version in order to get the standard panel back, which is the only one that will display the M1 & M2 icons.
Appreciate 1
J444VVA302.00
      05-06-2022, 11:36 AM   #4
J444VVA
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire! View Post
Quote:
Hi Guy's,

I can confirm that in my new M4. Additionally, if I go back to the panel layout (using Bimmercode), the Unassigned option for the panel is gone. I had to restore an older version in order to get the standard panel back, which is the only one that will display the M1 & M2 icons.
Yes that's exactly what I had to do, not messing with it anymore!
Appreciate 0