Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM4 View Post
Hang in there. I can only imagine how difficult it is. I'm sure the dealer would know, but too bad they cannot remove the grill from the old panel and affix it to the new one.
Thanks. I know it's a pity they had to order another part, was just fed up with it all last week.
Hopefully they'll get it delivered soon, on a plus note I'm near my break-in service mileage so the next visit can two things sorted at once. Then I get the new car I had, and it's ready to go full gas at the same time 😉🚀
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 1
'Cane8517.50
      03-22-2022, 04:04 PM   #90
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I feel for you dude. That sucks!
      03-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #91
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I feel for you dude. That sucks!
Thanks man. It's dragging on a bit now just want it put behind me.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:11 PM   #92
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Custom Install, that hack job on your window tinting is infuriating, but at least the installer is covering the cost of restoring your car to its original condition. Waiting for that to occur, however, it taking the shine off the new-car experience.

I'm having a similar experience WRT my PPF install. Fortunately no damage to the car itself, but 80% of the pieces of film have lifted at the edges within a month. On an install that took two weeks vs. 2-3 days. That was rescheduled after the entire shop tested positive for Covid. To add insult to injury, an employee broke the machine that cuts the film, and the replacement part is backordered for 5 weeks. So best case is mid-May to get the PPF redone.

At least the new PPF will have all summer to cure before being subjected to the vagaries of winter!
Appreciate 1
'Cane8517.50
      03-23-2022, 12:31 AM   #93
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
Custom Install, that hack job on your window tinting is infuriating, but at least the installer is covering the cost of restoring your car to its original condition. Waiting for that to occur, however, it taking the shine off the new-car experience.

I'm having a similar experience WRT my PPF install. Fortunately no damage to the car itself, but 80% of the pieces of film have lifted at the edges within a month. On an install that took two weeks vs. 2-3 days. That was rescheduled after the entire shop tested positive for Covid. To add insult to injury, an employee broke the machine that cuts the film, and the replacement part is backordered for 5 weeks. So best case is mid-May to get the PPF redone.

At least the new PPF will have all summer to cure before being subjected to the vagaries of winter!
80% of the film lifting on your car is ridiculous, I mean it's not as though it's a random edge or two, that I would say is acceptable. As someone pointed out to me, some of these shops have just fallen into installing these products and I don't think they treat it as a their craft and take pride in their work.
At least for now you have the car protected, but if your like me it's just something you want sorted asap. Two weeks I had the car and someone ruined it for me, and here we are two months later and I've still got to be reminded whenever I drive it.
This is why I do most things in life myself, even yesterday I eventually took it upon myself to repair my Mercedes foot brake pedal. It's not been releasing properly for months, two shops have attempted a repair. I spent 1 hour stripping out the cable mechanism underneath, taking it apart and making it like new.
Now, it's 100% perfect. Now I realise that the previous shops sprayed oil on it and couldn't be bothered doing it properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 01:44 PM   #94
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
The saga rolls on….. /Break-in service versus placebo affect.

Today, I took my car to the dealer for the second attempt at fixing the 'window tint guy's mess' and for my break-in service at last.
Unbelievably, the dealer has now damaged the car and they have ordered part(s) to rectify their mistake.
Fck sake, what have I done to deserve this?
So, the 'does my car perform better after break-in' question.
The service assistant, after apologising and waving the break-in service charge chipped in that "we have updated the car and you should feel a big difference in performance".
On the way home I stopped off to buy some snake oil and contemplated the performance gains that have been awarded to me.
Placebo affect?
Is the car faster??
Yes, Because I can finally wring it's neck…. but I think the full thing just backfires on BMW as your expectations are artificially high. Why we have to drag this out for 1200 miles is stupid, and to pay for a break-in service (that is their way of checking they haven't fcked up the engine build) doesn't sit well with me.
But I now have to return again next week and drop off the car.
Oh, and I noticed they deleted the little central locking thing from my door today.

Honestly, I'm having second thoughts about owning this car and I might move on from it.
It's not worked out the way it should have due to incompetence from others.
A lifetime's dream just getting ruined by idiots…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 05:10 PM   #95
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post

Today, I took my car to the dealer for the second attempt at fixing the 'window tint guy's mess' and for my break-in service at last.
Unbelievably, the dealer has now damaged the car and they have ordered part(s) to rectify their mistake.
The service assistant, after apologising and waving the break-in service charge chipped in that "we have updated the car and you should feel a big difference in performance".
On the way home I stopped off to buy some snake oil and contemplated the performance gains that have been awarded to me.
Placebo affect?
Is the car faster??
Yes, Because I can finally wring it's neck…. but I think the full thing just backfires on BMW as your expectations are artificially high. Why we have to drag this out for 1200 miles is stupid, and to pay for a break-in service (that is their way of checking they haven't fcked up the engine build) doesn't sit well with me.
Oh, and I noticed they deleted the little central locking thing from my door today.

Honestly, I'm having second thoughts about owning this car and I might move on from it.
He alluded that they normally charge a break in service fee? Every car has 3 years of service...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #96
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
Quote:

Placebo affect?
Is the car faster??

He alluded that they normally charge a break in service fee? Every car has 3 years of service...
We're in the UK mate…
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      04-22-2022, 08:53 PM   #97
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
I understand how you'd feel that the car is cursed or something, but honestly, I wouldn't look at it that way. All the things, in the big picture, are minor, and when it's finally fixed, it'll be good as new. Just my opinion, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:26 PM   #98
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I understand how you'd feel that the car is cursed or something, but honestly, I wouldn't look at it that way. All the things, in the big picture, are minor, and when it's finally fixed, it'll be good as new. Just my opinion, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
It's funny, I had a discussion with my brother prior to picking the car up and jokingly said "I wonder what's went wrong today".
Your right, it's not big damage but it sure is frustrating. I'd have hoped the new car experience would have lasted longer than two weeks. Three months on I'm still chasing that.

Your correct in what you say though, and todays another day.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
'Cane8517.50
      04-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #99
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
Quote:

Placebo affect?
Is the car faster??

As pointed out I'm in the UK.
Our break-in service costs unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      04-23-2022, 01:11 AM   #100
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Go Drive it hard you will like it again! Shit happens I would not dwell on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 01:15 AM   #101
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Go Drive it hard you will like it again! Shit happens I would not dwell on it.
Weathers perfect so I'm just heading out to do exactly that

Cheers 👍
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2022, 09:52 AM   #102
stewie177
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lotus Exige 410

Quote:
Thankfully I never broke the scotch out! (Almost did that night though I was gutted with what he'd done)
The cars parked up in the garage until it's 100% again. The fact it's a few weeks old makes it difficult for me to jump in and enjoy it with the damage right where I'm sitting, maybe now that the parts are ordered I'll feel ok about using it again.

Cheers 🥃😊
Lucky there. In the UK, we are only allowed very limited front tints by law, I had some fitted to my F82 (all well and good) but the police who couldn't prosecute for speeding, as I spotted their unmarked car, asked for them removing - that's when my seal got damaged - no returns then!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #103
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie177 View Post
Quote:
Thankfully I never broke the scotch out! (Almost did that night though I was gutted with what he'd done)
The cars parked up in the garage until it's 100% again. The fact it's a few weeks old makes it difficult for me to jump in and enjoy it with the damage right where I'm sitting, maybe now that the parts are ordered I'll feel ok about using it again.

Cheers 🥃😊
Lucky there. In the UK, we are only allowed very limited front tints by law, I had some fitted to my F82 (all well and good) but the police who couldn't prosecute for speeding, as I spotted their unmarked car, asked for them removing - that's when my seal got damaged - no returns then!
I'm in Glasgow. I only planned on a very slight tint as I'm not into the blacked out look up front.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #104
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Car back into main dealer for the third time on Thursday. Picked it up this afternoon and immediately notice the seat memory buttons are sitting to far in from the speaker grill and the door card and seal are not seated properly at the top.
At this point I've had fckin enough.
Straight home and into my garage, I strip the car door apart.
4 hours later and I've done the job the main dealer fumbled their way through since January.
Firstly, the door is not even clipped in at the bottom row of fasteners.
Then, when I get the door card off there is several broken clips (not by me)
I eventually find that the speaker grill substructure hasn't been clipped in properly.
Put it together and then find the rubber seal at the door mirror isn't seated properly and when I put up the window it's clicking, strip it apart and remove the wing mirror, window seal and retention clips.
Re-fit everything properly and it's perfect.
So, I've done the job properly for them.

Can't wait to make the phone call first thing Tuesday after the holiday weekend.

What would you do in this situation regarding the dealer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      04-30-2022, 01:22 PM   #105
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Quote:
Car back into main dealer for the third time on Thursday. Picked it up this afternoon and immediately notice the seat memory buttons are sitting to far in from the speaker grill and the door card and seal are not seated properly at the top.
4 hours later and I've done the job the main dealer fumbled their way through since January.
I eventually find that the speaker grill substructure hasn't been clipped in properly.
Put it together and then find the rubber seal at the door mirror isn't seated properly and when I put up the window it's clicking, strip it apart and remove the wing mirror, window seal and retention clips.

Can't wait to make the phone call first thing Tuesday after the holiday weekend.

Good thing you documented and photographed everything. Sorry to hear but glad you were able to fix it. You should try contacting BMW corporate as the dealership will probably keep making excuses.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 01:27 PM   #106
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MeraldCity_G82 View Post
Quote:

Good thing you documented and photographed everything. Sorry to hear but glad you were able to fix it. You should try contacting BMW corporate as the dealership will probably keep making excuses.
Good advice. Thank you.
Depends on the attitude of the dealer whether I'll go above them. At the moment it's looking likely I will.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 12:33 AM   #107
cole1186
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Wow man I feel for you. Definitely go to a different dealer after all this.. some dealerships are absolutely trash and others are brilliant.. I'm curious what you see when you look up the reviews of the dealership you go to?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 01:53 AM   #108
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole1186 View Post
Wow man I feel for you. Definitely go to a different dealer after all this.. some dealerships are absolutely trash and others are brilliant.. I'm curious what you see when you look up the reviews of the dealership you go to?
I'm going to look now at their reviews.
Seems it's just too much to ask that someone takes care of your car, main dealer or local shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #109
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

feel for you buddy, when I got my brand new F82, dealership f up and chips my driver door at delivery.. spent like 6 months trying to get them to repaint multiple times as they can't even match the paint... ended up getting it wrap to hide it and guess what? the wrap guys f up the door panel even more, broke multiple trims and strip the door bolts... seriously those idiots can't work on m cars. Thank god I didn't have any major problems with the new g82 but I get paranoid every-time I take it to the dealership for checkups.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 02:29 AM   #110
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Quote:

feel for you buddy, when I got my brand new F82, dealership f up and chips my driver door at delivery.. spent like 6 months trying to get them to repaint multiple times as they can't even match the paint... ended up getting it wrap to hide it and guess what? the wrap guys f up the door panel even more, broke multiple trims and strip the door bolts... seriously those idiots can't work on m cars. Thank god I didn't have any major problems with the new g82 but I get paranoid every-time I take it to the dealership for checkups.
I hear you. I finally have everything back to 'new' again after 6 months of back and forth.
I doubt I'll ever let anyone touch the car apart from the service intervals.
I couldn't get my head around the dealer adding to the damage, and as you've experienced yourself you start to feel hopeless and wonder how it's ever going to work out.
Would still love the front windows tinted, I might end up doing it myself so I can make sure it's perfect and I damaged.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00