BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

02-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #89
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Yeah I thought this was a free fix for the false advertising?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #90
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Yeah I thought this was a free fix for the false advertising?
Yes the '2k miles to fully settle' was not accurate.

The settling has been marginal and most of it happened very early on.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #91
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Hi Imran@Evolve I sent you a couple PM. Please give us an update when you are online. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 12:56 PM   #92
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

I hope they don't make people pay for the modified spring seats up front. They released a video on why the springs take a long time to settle and guess what?? They don't settle more...bunch of BS. They had this same issue on the VW MK7 platform..

Evolve and MSS don't respond to emails either LMFAO, what a joke.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 08:44 AM   #93
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update
I got an email from Imran @ evolve. He will discuss with MSS about the availability of the new Extra Low kit. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 2
barryc3651957.50
      02-07-2022, 10:08 AM   #94
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
Update
I got an email from Imran @ evolve. He will discuss with MSS about the availability of the new Extra Low kit. Stay tuned.
Thanks for the update!
Let us know what you find out.
Appreciate 1
mzcp2692.00
      02-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #95
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Thanks for the update!
Let us know what you find out.
We are not getting the “Free upgraded kit”
Here is the response from Imran@Evolve

The product is a new product not a technical "update" to the original product.

MSS are not providing it to us for free or anyone else as far as they have informed me.

We are not able to a new provide upgrade a product for free if we are paying for it. I am not sure why we would be expected to do so?

Are you saying IND and Turn14 (both the largest US dealers for this product) are also providing this product for no cost at all as I haven't seen anything from them regarding this?

Imran
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2022, 09:57 AM   #96
Saif96
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Comp G82

Maybe go with KW?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:58 AM   #97
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif96 View Post
Maybe go with KW?
Too late but for sure next time
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2022, 12:28 PM   #98
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
We are not getting the “Free upgraded kit”
Here is the response from Imran@Evolve

The product is a new product not a technical "update" to the original product.

MSS are not providing it to us for free or anyone else as far as they have informed me.

We are not able to a new provide upgrade a product for free if we are paying for it. I am not sure why we would be expected to do so?

Are you saying IND and Turn14 (both the largest US dealers for this product) are also providing this product for no cost at all as I haven't seen anything from them regarding this?

Imran
Thank you for the update!
I thought for a moment that MSS and Evolve were stepping up and providing free revised kits for the early adopters, because their claim of 30 ± 3mm of front drop is simply not achievable without significant modification (where you remove the adjusters all together).
I guess I thought too highly of them.

Reason why I chose the MSS on my F87C and the G82 is because of their front adjuster/spring design that made the installation more simple, and the fact that they actively communicate with forum members.
Sorry to say I won't be buying another MSS product going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif96 View Post
Maybe go with KW?
For sure.
Appreciate 1
mzcp2692.00
      02-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #99
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I thought for a moment that MSS and Evolve were stepping up and providing free revised kits for the early adopters, because their claim of 30 ± 3mm of front drop is simply not achievable without significant modification (where you remove the adjusters all together).

Reason why I chose the MSS on my F87C and the G82 is because of their front adjuster/spring design that made the installation more simple, and the fact that they actively communicate with forum members.

For sure.
I am disappointed as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 01:32 PM   #100
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Quote:

For sure.
I am disappointed as well.
Yep!

I don't blame Evolve but they should be pressuring MSS to make this right

People bought the kit under the pretence that it would settle after 2k miles and it hasn't. It's clearly an issue given the fact there is an update available

It's bad publicity, if it was my business I would be making it right. It'll work out a lot better in the long run than charging a small few people $460 for the update. Who is actually going to pay that? I couldn't do it on principle, I'd rather spend the money on a KW kit and be done with it
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 01:38 PM   #101
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Yep!

I don't blame Evolve but they should be pressuring MSS to make this right

People bought the kit under the pretence that it would settle after 2k miles and it hasn't. It's clearly an issue given the fact there is an update available

It's bad publicity, if it was my business I would be making it right. It'll work out a lot better in the long run than charging a small few people $460 for the update. Who is actually going to pay that? I couldn't do it on principle, I'd rather spend the money on a KW kit and be done with it
I agree. I am not asking Evolve to eat the cost but at least put some pressure on MSS to give us the kit. I am very surprised that Evolve did not know about the kit since they always test fit and R&D for MSS on all of their kits.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #102
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
I agree. I am not asking Evolve to eat the cost but at least put some pressure on MSS to give us the kit. I am very surprised that Evolve did not know about the kit since they always test fit and R&D for MSS on all of their kits.
Im actually shocked the Evolve doesnt have more lateral pull. Hell they were the video poster child for the setup and showed us all a car that looked nicely dropped.

I think they did the hack up front and didnt disclose
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
mzcp2692.00
Medal484.50
      02-15-2022, 04:09 PM   #103
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Im actually shocked the Evolve doesnt have more lateral pull. Hell they were the video poster child for the setup and showed us all a car that looked nicely dropped.

I think they did the hack up front and didnt disclose
Ben r33_RGSport has offered to get me the kit for free even though I did not buy it from him. That's going above and beyond. I see Mike XPH also getting involved for his customers. I was hoping that Evolve was going to do the right thing by taking care of their customers. You know where to buy your next suspension mod next time.
Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport13036.50
barryc3651957.50
Medal484.50
      02-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #104
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Ben r33_RGSport has offered to get me the kit for free even though I did not buy it from him. That's going above and beyond. I see Mike XPH also getting involved for his customers. I was hoping that Evolve was going to do the right thing by taking care of their customers. You know where to buy your next suspension mod next time.
Ummm yeah thats where I got mine from and I sing praises for him all the time...

r33_RGSport

He has done my last 4 M's (suspension wise)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
mzcp2692.00
      02-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #105
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Imran is just another asshat. It's obvious that he did the lower adjuster trick when he advertised the MSS springs. No car ended up lowering that much. And then there was the 2000 mile settling claim. Absolutely pathetic!
      02-16-2022, 04:20 AM   #106
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Imran is just another asshat. It's obvious that he did the lower adjuster trick when he advertised the MSS springs. No car ended up lowering that much. And then there was the 2000 mile settling claim. Absolutely pathetic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
"Asshat" Nice

Our car had no tricks. It had the kit from MSS and fitted in the normal way.

I've been in this industry for 15 years with an exceptional reputation and don't appreciate people claiming I've committed some kind of fraud like Mr 720s is quite clearly accusing me of here. I believe that is also known as libel.

I've spoken to MSS at length about this. They have told me they are not providing a free update to the new product. They confirm the product they released is the product as tested on our car.

Here is our car with the extra low version. You can see the ride height is slightly lower than before. It also now scrapes on my drive way and agressive speed humps where it didn't before.

Original Kit

Players Classic 2021 by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

Extra Low Kit

Evolve x BMW Park Lane by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Appreciate 2
Erebor1133.00
Vic5519581.00
      02-16-2022, 08:52 AM   #107
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Imran@Evolve thank you for the update. Any reason why the other US distributors are giving this for free? If true, I don’t see why we should buy the kit from you.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 09:42 AM   #108
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Imran@Evolve thank you for the update. Any reason why the other US distributors are giving this for free? If true, I don’t see why we should buy the kit from you.
Please send me a link to official confirmation to other distributors Turn14 and IND doing this as I haven't seen anything from them.

We have to pay MSS for this new product as an upgrade so it looks like you expect us as the retailer to swallow the cost? It is another set of springs - not just some PU seats.

If it is the case that every US distributor is providing it for free then we will reconsider our position as a gesture of goodwill.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #109
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Here is our car with the extra low version. You can see the ride height is slightly lower than before. It also now scrapes on my drive way and agressive speed humps where it didn't before.

Original Kit

Players Classic 2021 by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

Extra Low Kit

Evolve x BMW Park Lane by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Are you sure those two aren't the same set of springs?
I hardly notice any height difference between the two.
The first one seems lower tbh.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 09:55 AM   #110
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Please send me a link to official confirmation to other distributors Turn14 and IND doing this as I haven't seen anything from them.

We have to pay MSS for this new product as an upgrade so it looks like you expect us as the retailer to swallow the cost? It is another set of springs - not just some PU seats.

If it is the case that every US distributor is providing it for free then we will reconsider our position as a gesture of goodwill.
By distributor I meant US MSS dealers. r33_RGSport and @mike@xph are two of the top 10 MSS dealers and they are giving the kit for free. According to them this was announced last year during a meeting with MSS owner William. I don’t expect you to eat the cost but I am trying to understand why other dealers are fighting for their customer to get this for free and not you. You’re the first to release this product and the last to post update. I have sent multiple Emails last year about the new low kit and your staff did not provide any update up until two weeks ago.
Appreciate 3