Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Why do I keep bringing it up? For a man who doesn't have an ego, you're sure quick to go on and on to everyone how you're an attorney. And you live 5 mins from Rodeo. And how you've lived a privileged life. And how it's not fair that there's Ferraris and Lambos in BH but you got pulled over.

Not once after everyone - including another law enforcement officer - pointed out this is normal in BH and has been for quite some time (decade plus) did you say, gee well I guess if my car wasn't farting and burbling cuz I was in sport+ mode… Its still not fair not right and you'll bring it up with the bar (LOL) association - considering you have to meet with them anyways to discuss crypto currencies and whatever other mumbo jumbo you said.

So care to show us your humbleness and how I might've missed that in the middle of all your other words?
Never once did I say anything was unfair. I'm sure those ferraris and Lamborghinis get pulled over as well. I was just surprised that I was pulled over, is all. I also felt that the officer's mentioning this "new law" (and he did say "new," so he must not have been referencing the ordinance I pulled), and then letting me go meant his pulling me over had no merit.

You asked if I knew Beverly Hills and that I "shouldn't do dumb shit" there. - I was only indicating that I've grown up in the area and drive it all the time and have never been pulled over. Please let me know where I said it wasn't "fair" ... only that I was surprised. And, as I pointed out, the law is not "you can't drive in sport mode"

Didn't know mentioning my profession was frowned upon, either. I said I would bring it up with the Bar Association out of pure curiously

I may be digging a grave here, but I think the word is humility, and I can already tell I'm not going to convince you of anything behind a keyboard. We don't know each other in person, and maybe I was quick to jump and respond to certain posts, but I'm not bringing character witnesses to bimmerpost nor do I need to prove myself to an internet persona. I won't respond to your posts calling me out directly anymore, but will of course continue any discourse on topic.
Dude you're good, you don't come off in any negative way/cocky way. I don't know why people attack other forum members personalities who they know nothing about. I live down the street and I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have a middle eastern background and I am younger so I got the same "Is tHiS yOuR dAdS cAr?" Question before. Not for exhaust but for tint.. Not saying blatantly profiled or anything but was not really the most pleasant interaction.
Appreciate 3
      03-31-2022, 08:03 AM   #5634
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
...I have a middle eastern background and I am younger so I got the same...
Talking about middle eastern looking persons...
Today I was standing at the crew checkin and was into uniform as I was awaring a man with said looking in an elegant black suit with expensive shoes on.
As he passes the lower middle section of the jacket was lifting short by a slight wind blow and he was carrying concealed a hand gun. As usual when encountering such situations, no policemen were around and stopping the man by myself unarmed, no way.
To jump to an safe end, because later on it was revealed that he was the accredited personal guard from a VIP and had the legal rights to wear arms concealed, what had you made for a decision at this point?
I like to remind everybody that this could happen also for a european looking person, so be careful how to judge, because this is strictly no offense against any nationality.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
Lady Jane71717.00
      03-31-2022, 08:29 AM   #5635
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do I keep bringing it up? For a man who doesn't have an ego, you're sure quick to go on and on to everyone how you're an attorney. And you live 5 mins from Rodeo. And how you've lived a privileged life. And how it's not fair that there's Ferraris and Lambos in BH but you got pulled over.

Not once after everyone - including another law enforcement officer - pointed out this is normal in BH and has been for quite some time (decade plus) did you say, gee well I guess if my car wasn't farting and burbling cuz I was in sport+ mode… Its still not fair not right and you'll bring it up with the bar (LOL) association - considering you have to meet with them anyways to discuss crypto currencies and whatever other mumbo jumbo you said.

So care to show us your humbleness and how I might've missed that in the middle of all your other words?
Never once did I say anything was unfair. I'm sure those ferraris and Lamborghinis get pulled over as well. I was just surprised that I was pulled over, is all. I also felt that the officer's mentioning this "new law" (and he did say "new," so he must not have been referencing the ordinance I pulled), and then letting me go meant his pulling me over had no merit.

You asked if I knew Beverly Hills and that I "shouldn't do dumb shit" there. - I was only indicating that I've grown up in the area and drive it all the time and have never been pulled over. Please let me know where I said it wasn't "fair" ... only that I was surprised. And, as I pointed out, the law is not "you can't drive in sport mode"

Didn't know mentioning my profession was frowned upon, either. I said I would bring it up with the Bar Association out of pure curiously

I may be digging a grave here, but I think the word is humility, and I can already tell I'm not going to convince you of anything behind a keyboard. We don't know each other in person, and maybe I was quick to jump and respond to certain posts, but I'm not bringing character witnesses to bimmerpost nor do I need to prove myself to an internet persona. I won't respond to your posts calling me out directly anymore, but will of course continue any discourse on topic.
Dude you're good, you don't come off in any negative way/cocky way. I don't know why people attack other forum members personalities who they know nothing about. I live down the street and I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have a middle eastern background and I am younger so I got the same "Is tHiS yOuR dAdS cAr?" Question before. Not for exhaust but for tint.. Not saying blatantly profiled or anything but was not really the most pleasant interaction.
The stereotyping happens for a reason…..

….it's because there's some truth to it. Of course a stereotype doesn't apply to everyone in a given category, but it proves true more often than it proves to be untrue (…e.g….Asians tend to be bad drivers, blacks use the race card for any/every issue they face, etc.).
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      03-31-2022, 08:45 AM   #5636
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

This getting pulled over in Beverly Hills in M car or Lambo w.h.y is not dissimilar to what happens in Knightsbridge W. London,near Harrods. Over here Middle Eastern guys ship their supercars over to escape the intense heat of their country and like to drive around day and night with nothing else to do with residents complaining.
Police have a field day with cars coming up as not insured, too loud at night, parking in restricted areas etc and the owners just laugh at the fines.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144467.00
      03-31-2022, 03:39 PM   #5637
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate the post. I tried my best not to stir the pot, but realize my initial post (which I posted probably 10 mins after being pulled over and arriving home) may have been a bit of a hot take/rant.

Haven't really thought about the incident since and I haven't been pulled over since, even continuing to drive the way I normally do through that area, although I've used "efficient" mode more later at night

That being said, apparently many of the robberies in broad daylight in BH have been perpetrated by individuals in stolen BMWs, which may have prompted the initial stop and question as to whose car it was.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      03-31-2022, 03:58 PM   #5638
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Talking about middle eastern looking persons...
Today I was standing at the crew checkin and was into uniform as I was awaring a man with said looking in an elegant black suit with expensive shoes on.
As he passes the lower middle section of the jacket was lifting short by a slight wind blow and he was carrying concealed a hand gun. As usual when encountering such situations, no policemen were around and stopping the man by myself unarmed, no way.
To jump to an safe end, because later on it was revealed that he was the accredited personal guard from a VIP and had the legal rights to wear arms concealed, what had you made for a decision at this point?
I like to remind everybody that this could happen also for a european looking person, so be careful how to judge, because this is strictly no offense against any nationality.
That wouldn't bother me at all, because I'm a gun guy and don't really care if someone is carrying a gun.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25196.50
paquet629.50
      03-31-2022, 04:10 PM   #5639
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Here's one for you guys. The fun really starts at 3:10; good old Portland Oregon.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 04:20 PM   #5640
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Here's one for you guys. The fun really starts at 3:10; good old Portland Oregon.

I've never personally run into one of these "imported for a short time" scenarios, but if I wasn't satisfied with the documentation or the communication, I would cut the citation and tell the driver to deal with it in court. If it was a reckless driving or exhibition of speed situation, I'm taking the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 05:29 PM   #5641
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I've never personally run into one of these "imported for a short time" scenarios, but if I wasn't satisfied with the documentation or the communication, I would cut the citation and tell the driver to deal with it in court. If it was a reckless driving or exhibition of speed situation, I'm taking the car.
That's one way to deal with it.

Another way would be to say, "I'm not famliar enough with that law, so here are your documents back and have a nice day."

If you don't know the law well enough to enforce it without question, then you shouldn't be writing citations about that law.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25196.50
M5Rick61003.50
Buug95917868.00
      03-31-2022, 05:38 PM   #5642
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
That's one way to deal with it.

Another way would be to say, "I'm not famliar enough with that law, so here are your documents back and have a nice day."

If you don't know the law well enough to enforce it without question, then you shouldn't be writing citations about that law.
Giving documents back every time and without a viable avenue to readily access the intricacies of the federal program provides people who import these cars to have carte blanche to do whatever they want under the veil of temporary importation (…similar to the rich people who use diplomat affiliation as a way to come here and break laws, then flee back to their home country to avoid punishment).

If the matter can be cleared up in court, it's a simple fix-it citation. It's not uncommon for federal law and state law to be in conflict. Me issuing a citation for having no plates is still valid under state law. I'm not giving people passes on road going misdemeanors and felonies (…referring to the exhibition of speed/reckless driving/hit & run violations).
Appreciate 3
SaMaster144467.00
paquet629.50
      03-31-2022, 05:45 PM   #5643
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I was on a remote support call today with someone in Ohio. He reported that there was an officer apparently killed there, struck by a vehicle while deploying stop-sticks to stop an ongoing high-speed chase.....
      03-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #5644
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I was on a remote support call today with someone in Ohio. He reported that there was an officer apparently killed there, struck by a vehicle while deploying stop-sticks to stop an ongoing high-speed chase.....
Deploying stop-sticks is very dangerous for the officer handling the deployment; they are manually activated. It sucks to be in a vehicle's general path of travel.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615482.50
      03-31-2022, 05:54 PM   #5645
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Giving documents back every time and without a viable avenue to readily access the intricacies of the federal program provides people who import these cars to have carte blanche to do whatever they want under the veil of temporary importation (…similar to the rich people who use diplomat affiliation as a way to come here and break laws, then flee back to their home country to avoid punishment).

If the matter can be cleared up in court, it's a simple fix-it citation. It's not uncommon for federal law and state law to be in conflict. Me issuing a citation for having no plates is still valid under state law. I'm not giving people passes on road going misdemeanors and felonies (…referring to the exhibition of speed/reckless driving/hit & run violations).
That car had plates and was properly registered. In Dubai, but it still counts. It is the same as if a Canadian car was driven into the US. The Canadian car is properly tagged and registered even if you aren't able to confirm that. That Dubai car was properly tagged and registered.

If that man had driven from Dubai, would that make it better?

If you write a citation that you know/assume won't stand up in court it doesn't cost you anything. But it will cost the driver time and money and it will be an added burden to the courts.

My point is this: if you, as a law enforcement officer, don't know the law, then you shouldn't be even allowed to write a ticket for it.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2022, 07:38 PM   #5646
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Ummmm, let's just say a suspected elder abuse call turned into a 300 WIC call when four kids were found playing around in shit…….literally. Dog/cat urine and feces everywhere, feces on the wall, etc. It was disgusting…….and the kids were happy. They didn't know any better. The scene is something I can't even articulate in a way where it fully illustrates the gravity of the scene. I feel so dirty.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615482.50
paquet629.50
      03-31-2022, 09:25 PM   #5647
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Ummmm, let's just say a suspected elder abuse call turned into a 300 WIC call when four kids were found playing around in shit…….literally. Dog/cat urine and feces everywhere, feces on the wall, etc. It was disgusting…….and the kids were happy. They didn't know any better. The scene is something I can't even articulate in a way where it fully illustrates the gravity of the scene. I feel so dirty.
I can STILL smell a rental my dad had me clean up for one of his clients.

50-gal Trash bags 2-3 deep in the kitchen, all with shitty diapers. None of the bags were closed
      04-01-2022, 03:04 AM   #5648
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
That wouldn't bother me at all, because I'm a gun guy and don't really care if someone is carrying a gun.
Me too, but you cant convert US-habits to Germany and our strict gun laws.
If someone carrys a gun at an Airport here and is not accompanied by the police and/or shows an open visible exception... that could lead you into serious trouble.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 03:17 AM   #5649
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Something similar was described to me when the drug team did a bust at a grow house. Feces all over the place etc... And they showed-up at the ER with two little boys, twins about three years old of mixed race and blue eyes. They were covered in a blanket but all they had on was a dirty diaper. And all that time, they were happy and smiling and everyone fell in love with them. We had pediatrics come over to bathe them and give them clean diapers and PJs until Child Services could be reached.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25196.50
      04-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #5650
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Today has been a day. We just got into a shooting. Thankfully I wasn't injured nor were any of my partners.
Appreciate 6
Dino GT35134.50
vreihen1615482.50
SaMaster144467.00
paquet629.50
BMWGUYinCO4125.00
      04-01-2022, 07:26 PM   #5651
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Today has been a day. We just got into a shooting. Thankfully I wasn't injured nor were any of my partners.
Glad you're okay. Did you get the son(s) of ....?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 07:31 PM   #5652
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino GT View Post
Quote:
Glad you're okay. Did you get the son(s) of ....?
He's in the hospital, but he's not dead at this time.
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35134.50
      04-01-2022, 08:11 PM   #5653
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Keep each other safe out there.
      04-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #5654
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:

But seriously, thankfully you guys came out of it okay.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25196.50