BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-25-2021, 10:54 AM   #45
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Those are some impressive numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
RIP Base and RWD model owners.
0-60 numbers doesnt mean anything to me and i will still end up buying a RWD.
I would still recommend checking out the AWD - for a couple grand more you have the option of being AWD or turning it into an RWD car at the push of a button. Seems like a bargain at that price point
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      12-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #46
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Its time to move on that discussion and i dont see a reason to bring up that topic in each and every thread.

On the other side, almost every other dealer has a waitlist for this vehicle and most people think otherwise about this design language.
Because or in spite?? Like I said above, Porsche wait can be 2 years. You can't even get and Audi S3 at all, much less an RS3. If someone wants a new car they are going to have to make some big sacrifices to get anything decent. Even the wait for a KIA K5RS is ver a year. Duh. And I'll always bring something up that's a serious variable one has to consider.
100% correct. I'm going to hit up some Weight Watcher forums today and remind them that being overweight isn't healthy.
The difference being that one is objectively true and the other is like running around screaming "I HATE the color gold!!!" at a lakers game to anyone who will listen every time.
Appreciate 2
manuelf352.00
      12-25-2021, 11:48 AM   #47
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
I would still recommend checking out the AWD - for a couple grand more you have the option of being AWD or turning it into an RWD car at the push of a button. Seems like a bargain at that price point
This will be the fun vehicle in the household and i prefer having raw M feel. AWD might have better launches numbers and also have better resale in the long term. But i am going to keep this vehicle for a while and prefer getting a RWD performance sedan before things takes the hybrid or electric route.
Appreciate 1
Alarmin505.00
      12-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #48
ukr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

"Standing-start accel times omit 1-ft rollout of 0.2 sec."
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #49
flanast
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I'm lucky enough to own an F90 M5C and 992 GT3. Both are epic!!!!!
Appreciate 3
      12-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #50
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Love the front and glad that many don't. Hard enough to find as it is. Can you imagine if everyone liked it
Same…I almost feel sorry for the people that don’t lol It looks fantastic unless you think a car is supposed to look like a human face they nailed it on that one. I don’t see cars that way but I feel like by that standard tons of car front ends would be hideous…everything outside of Porsches which mostly have front or rear engines anyway so they don’t really count. Gotta disagree on their points about the sides and rear though I think it looks great from those two angles. Complaints about the front end I can at least understand where they’re coming from
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #51
supershaft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
This cements the M3 as a value proposition. Every other car on the list was much more expensive (other than the Corvette which only has 2 seats!)
the interiors are cheap that's why its a value proposition. except for maybe the x7/7/8 series the interiors leave much to be desired.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #52
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
This cements the M3 as a value proposition. Every other car on the list was much more expensive (other than the Corvette which only has 2 seats!)
the interiors are cheap that's why its a value proposition. except for maybe the x7/7/8 series the interiors leave much to be desired.
If you get full leather, it is considerably better. You can get additional individual leather options so you never see any plastic for not too much more money that will take it well past the 7 and 8 series.

You will still remain with a manual adjust steering wheel, no memory seats for the passenger, not as many adjustments as the higher end seats you can option on the higher cars - that is true, but the interiors are not 'cheap' if you option it correctly.

If you still want more, the M5 and M8 are available for your specific needs. If you want the additional creature comforts, you can't yourself be cheap about paying for it.
Limegrntaln13435.00
      12-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #53
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I can't believe people are still beating the ugly grill dead horse. It's no bigger than any other grill, on a car, these days. It's just styled by BMW. And to comment about most people wouldn't pick an auto xDrive, over a manual, I see 2 manuals for every 10 comps posted on here.

The auto is built to hold the power. That half mile M4 blew the motor before the gearbox, axles or driveshaft. I've owned over 2 dozen cars and all but 3 of them have been manuals. But these cars are just something else.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #54
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJBFI View Post
It looks like Motortrend has finally tested the M3C AWD. They have never published a specific report on this but the result appears in their ranking of the fastest vehicles tested this year. The M3C Xdrive came 10th overall with a 0-60 in 2.98 sec.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...t-cars-tested/
Impressive for the M3.

Crazy how these lists whether track times, handling, or straight speed (as is the case here) tend to dominated by Porsche holding a largest percentage of any manufacturer and more broadly cars from the VAG/Porsche Group. Also crazy that Porsche can add 2 hp to a GT3 and add significant performance in all areas. They got a 0-60 time improvement of what most other manufacturers need 50-75 hp for. Really impressive stuff for their rather low hp ratings as always.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #55
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Impressive for the M3.

Crazy how these lists whether track times, handling, or straight speed (as is the case here) tend to dominated by Porsche holding a largest percentage of any manufacturer and more broadly cars from the VAG/Porsche Group. Also crazy that Porsche can add 2 hp to a GT3 and add significant performance in all areas. They got a 0-60 time improvement of what most other manufacturers need 50-75 hp for. Really impressive stuff for their rather low hp ratings as always.
Germans lie about power ratings. Been doing it for years.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #56
supershaft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
If you get full leather, it is considerably better. You can get additional individual leather options so you never see any plastic for not too much more money that will take it well past the 7 and 8 series.

You will still remain with a manual adjust steering wheel, no memory seats for the passenger, not as many adjustments as the higher end seats you can option on the higher cars - that is true, but the interiors are not 'cheap' if you option it correctly.

If you still want more, the M5 and M8 are available for your specific needs. If you want the additional creature comforts, you can't yourself be cheap about paying for it.
I'm not cheap but rather BMW is. Let me get the better interior as an option like Porsche does. I feel spoiled for choice by them.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 06:50 PM   #57
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukr View Post
"Standing-start accel times omit 1-ft rollout of 0.2 sec."
Exactly, the whole point about 0-60 is the zero and the sixty. Since when does 5-60 count as 0-60? What's next 1/4 mile times where we have a 1/4 mile run up? Ridiculous!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 07:32 PM   #58
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post

I'm not cheap but rather BMW is. Let me get the better interior as an option like Porsche does. I feel spoiled for choice by them.
Look at BMW Individual Manufaktur - you can customize your car every which way including having your company logo or family crest on the headrest and dashboard. You can also have you car painted in any color you dream of (subject to viability. You can add leather of your choice to just about any surface. If you're saying Individual Manufaktur won't do something for you, it'd be great to know what that is.
      12-25-2021, 11:03 PM   #59
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
No doubt it's a performance bargain. You don't need $30k in options, but unfortunately there's no option to replace the front end. MT is definitely right about this, "As such, the front of the car is repulsive." And that ends it for me right there regardless of price. No way am I going to be seen in a car that fugly.
How do people find/call something like this "fugly"? 🤦
[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...28faf300_b.jpg[/IMG]
Ugly Kar? Seriously? You probably drive a Kia Stinger and are just jealous. 😬👍
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 11:16 PM   #60
DrePrime
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Quote:
No doubt it's a performance bargain. You don't need $30k in options, but unfortunately there's no option to replace the front end. MT is definitely right about this, "As such, the front of the car is repulsive." And that ends it for me right there regardless of price. No way am I going to be seen in a car that fugly.
Yeah the front end is polarizing but I'm still in love with the thing. I don't care and I'm sure anyone who has one doesn't mind it either.

I'm so glad I have an M4CX in production. Probably the last Internal Combustion Engine Series M car so let's enjoy it!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      12-26-2021, 12:01 AM   #61
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
I really like it, and in real life it really looks good.
I have seen a black M3 on street, I would buy one at once if it was not slower than my M5C.
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 12:16 AM   #62
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
The Stinger is a very good car. Many would say it's also better looking than the M3. Do you have a complex or something?
Appreciate 2
Ugly Kar413.00
      12-26-2021, 01:19 AM   #63
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Quote:
The Stinger is a very good car. Many would say it's also better looking than the M3. Do you have a complex or something?
It's good value for money, specially on a tight budget but it's still a KIA, to each their own, I personally would never get one and I don't find it good looking at all, they're trying too much with the design and copying lot of other manufacturers. Rear side profile is a rip off of Audi A7, even the wheels are copied from Audi, rear end copied from Dodge charger, it looks like it's made from parts of a lot of different cars, if that looks good to people then more power to them.
Funny thing people on Bimmerpost, on a G80 post get fired over a playful KIA Stinger comment but G80 being called "fugly" is totally cool.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:34 AM   #64
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrePrime View Post
Yeah the front end is polarizing but I'm still in love with the thing. I don't care and I'm sure anyone who has one doesn't mind it either.

I'm so glad I have an M4CX in production. Probably the last Internal Combustion Engine Series M car so let's enjoy it!
I think that might be the upcoming G87 M2. Congrats on the M4, xDrive versions seem to be gaining more popularity, given the crazy 0-60 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
I really like it, and in real life it really looks good.
I have seen a black M3 on street, I would buy one at once if it was not slower than my M5C.
M5C is amazing but I find the M3 design more aggressive, wide wheel arches look really good. And with xDrive they're getting very fast, just a stage 1 tune should get them pretty close to M5 speeds. Even in stock form it's a lot of power for street use.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 02:39 AM   #65
Tobbep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6M Competition

I'm trying to like the new M3 and M4 but I just can't get over the styling. No matter how many times I look at it the change has ruined it for me. Even Chris Harris can't get over the look. I believe it's either the last version or wait until they come out with a new one (changed for the better) in the future.

2022 BMW X6M Competition
Alpine White/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #66
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:

The G42 is bad enough, but it's acceptable. That Ferrari actually makes me think of the G42, lots of odd shapes and angles that don't match or flow. Very un-Ferrari like and not like most of their models. Even with the Lusso the angels and shapes worked together.

The worst though are that Luminance thing and that Tesla, don't know how you could design something more fugly trying. The Audi is a really nice looking car, great option for an E, but I don't know if I could get past not hearing the pistons firing. There's just something about an ICE you'll never get from an e-car no matter how fast it may be.
Love the front and glad that many don't. Hard enough to find as it is. Can you imagine if everyone liked it
Kar is just trolling the forum and stating G8x is ugly everywhere. Definitely somebody wants attention and don't give this kid any…
Appreciate 0