Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022M4COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Anyone else feel like they were kind of low key making fun of this car and its owners with all the "great for daily drivers in traffic" and nice for "going to doctor appointments or if you are a lawyer comments as well as multiple references to the xDrive system being included by BMW for people that have to drive in poor weather? Personally, I think the inclusion of xDrive has more to do with performance over poor weather driving ability. There was almost zero talk about the performance of the car and they didn't take it to the track either. Real stark contrast to their M3CS review a few yers back.
Honesty I can't stand these guys. They are so annoying when the harp on stupid topics. It's why I stopped watching savage geese.

They talk about how the car lacks personality and how oh it's not about the money but… for this much money the car better have it.

They always say the same thing all of these car guys. At the end of the day they are all copying the original top gear format and the only one who is constantly entertaining and accurate is mat Watson to me at least
Harry Metcalf is the God of all car reviewers.

Check out Harry's Garage.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg
AlexFL7834.00
02M3ForMe4257.00
      01-24-2022, 01:01 PM   #24
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pinã View Post
Harry Metcalf is the God of all car reviewers.

Check out Harry's Garage.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg
Yep. Really enjoyed his review a while back. Helped me decide I wanted to get the G80 instead of keeping my CS.
      01-24-2022, 01:01 PM   #25
Matt 335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB 50e | e92 n54

Quote:
really? Overall I feel I’m pretty positive around here. Maybe I need to proof read my posts better? Haha
Nothing personal KANdaddy, only related to that one specific comment. Alls good, I got a good chuckle out of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 01:03 PM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I usually don't care for SP but I felt this review was pretty comprehensive and informative. None of their usual gimmicks.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      01-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #27
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I usually don't care for SP but I felt this review was pretty comprehensive and informative. None of their usual gimmicks.
It’s because the second dude was absent. There is much less silly clownery when only one of them shows up.
Appreciate 3
Simms__21.00
Limegrntaln13395.50
      01-24-2022, 01:50 PM   #28
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvusBlueF80 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else feel like they were kind of low key making fun of this car and its owners with all the "great for daily drivers in traffic" and nice for "going to doctor appointments or if you are a lawyer comments as well as multiple references to the xDrive system being included by BMW for people that have to drive in poor weather? Personally, I think the inclusion of xDrive has more to do with performance over poor weather driving ability. There was almost zero talk about the performance of the car and they didn't take it to the track either. Real stark contrast to their M3CS review a few yers back.
Honesty I can't stand these guys. They are so annoying when the harp on stupid topics. It's why I stopped watching savage geese.

They talk about how the car lacks personality and how oh it's not about the money but… for this much money the car better have it.

They always say the same thing all of these car guys. At the end of the day they are all copying the original top gear format and the only one who is constantly entertaining and accurate is mat Watson to me at least
these guys suck
Matt Watson is the best
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 02:04 PM   #29
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 335is View Post
Nothing personal KANdaddy, only related to that one specific comment. Alls good, I got a good chuckle out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
It’s because the second dude was absent. There is much less silly clownery when only one of them shows up.
True. I was missing the second guy. He's more driver oriented IMO. The dude with the glasses I typically just ignore.
      01-24-2022, 09:21 PM   #30
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
I had no idea there was a speed limiter! That's my big takeaway. Lord knows I could use one occasionally.

Does the limiter karmicly cancel out the drift analyzer?

Naaaahhh.

Maybe setting a limit can boost the drift score by increasing degree of difficulty? Hmm, should try it out 😜
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      01-24-2022, 10:18 PM   #31
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I freakin hate the Savage Geese guy. He’s so angry and negative about everything, not just BMW (although he clearly had a special hate for them). The guy seriously seems like a miserable person.

On the other hand, freakin Love Matt Watson. So entertaining and knowledgeable.
Both of the savage geese guys are dummies.

The dark haired guy is especially annoying he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about but acts as if he is some kind of car connoisseur …
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 10:58 PM   #32
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Both of the savage geese guys are dummies.

The dark haired guy is especially annoying he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about but acts as if he is some kind of car connoisseur …
Well they do put every car they review up on a rack and stand under it. So maybe that makes them experts??
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:10 PM   #33
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
I liked that review. Savagegeese on the other hand, one of those guys is simply a dick
Limegrntaln13395.50
      01-25-2022, 08:33 AM   #34
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

I like all of the YouTuber review channels mentioned above. They all bring different things to the table.

Also I just fast forward through the stuff I already know or don't care about.

Matt Watson: bizarro drag races and "real world" drag runs where there isn't always great traction or timing of the start etc. He and Yanni have good screen chemistry.

Throttle House: probably my favorite and funny too

Straight Pipes: the only one my wife will watch too

Savagegeese: love the deadpan humor and also the non-bmw-fanboy perspective.

There are a few others that are pretty good as mentioned above but these are the ones I watch all the time.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:44 AM   #35
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340xi Portimao Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
How can you do a daily drive review and not talk about road noise. Harry's Garage does db meter readings which is very useful information. This is 20 minutes of 'you can rewind satellite radio and the suspension comfortable'.

Savage Geese do they most in-depth, informative, high quality reviews out there. Mat Watson does drag races…
The carwow guy? Lousy drag races at that. I remember a comparison video i was interested in, when readying the cars, he put one car in comfort mode "just because." His races hold zero water for me, and a lot of times it seems he doesn't know what he's doing.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #36
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
I felt the same… I'm a girl, it's my daily driver, I don't have AWD (don't want it) and I'm not a "banker/accountant". I am not an "offended" type of girl, but it seemed like a silly review to me… tailored more to men (which I get are statistically more likely to buy the car), who take their "x drive daily driver sports car" to work or doctors appointments, and if you need to hit the gas on damp roads the x-drive makes you feel safer…. Oh and make sure you don't buy a crazy clown color to sit outside your banker office…

Idk. Maybe it's just me, but if it's damp, how about you don't goose the car heavy with 500+ hp on a damp day… idk. I did get the mocking feeling, and the review to me personally seemed lame when relating it to a daily…
I drive mine daily, literally, 365 daily….
My M's always sat in the hospital parking lot right outside where I worked…if you're gonna spend that on a car, buy what you want, not what you think "bankers or accountants " should drive… that's my ten cents.

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 4
KANdaddy2458.50
DavidXJ663.00
      01-25-2022, 11:31 AM   #37
MTM3
mt4life
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
You should be happy they still offer you a 6mt version

Oh and it's been proven that the xDrive on the G8x is NOT just for bad weather. Ask the owners who moved from RWD to xDrive, and the magazines and reviewers that say xDrive is the way to go unless you really want a manual
Yes I'm super happy and why I got G80 M3. X3M or X5M were on my list if MT wasn't available with G80
M3AWD3181.50
      01-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #38
MTM3
mt4life
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
How can you do a daily drive review and not talk about road noise. Harry's Garage does db meter readings which is very useful information. This is 20 minutes of 'you can rewind satellite radio and the suspension comfortable'.

Savage Geese do they most in-depth, informative, high quality reviews out there. Mat Watson does drag races…
Mat is the worst kind as far as personality goes. he thinks he's funny and he's literally UNfunny
      01-25-2022, 12:24 PM   #39
JohnEnglish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM3 View Post
Quote:

Mat is the worst kind as far as personality goes. he thinks he's funny and he's literally UNfunny
Seriously. Matt Watson is unwatchable for me. He's the personification of the YouTube Voice and his "I'm so wacky and random! Isn't that that funny?" act is like nails on a chalkboard. SavageGeese think they're some sort of Kronkite and Murrow duo but they just come across as boring. Straight Pipes is OK. The only car reviewer I watch with any regularity is Autogefühl.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 01-25-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13395.50
M3LISSA784.50
      01-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #40
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM3 View Post
Quote:

I find myself laughing at him more than with him. But he is a raging bmw fan boy
Appreciate 1
KANdaddy2458.50
      01-26-2022, 04:39 AM   #41
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I'll watch all of the reviewers mentioned, above. I watch Matts nd Yannis drag races. The one I would watch the least of, is Savagegeese. I don't technically watch alot of the straight pipes, videos, only when they have a car that I like, but this video literally went over EVERYTHING the car has to offer, and I found myself realizing there is alot of it I didnt even know. You can set a speed limit on the Cruise, and floor it, and it wont go any faster? Whaaa? Plus, I watched an interview of these 2 straight pipe guys, on Unbox Therapy's channel, and after watching it, you literally cant even say that these guys like each other. Very weird.

I watch alot of throttle houses videos, but Thomas is my least favorite of the two. I can also appreciate MotoManTV.

Raitis Rides, is always him trying to be a little too funny, and most of the shit that comes out of his mouth, is wrong.

Doug Demuro is obviously like the Johnny Carson of Car reviews. Although, he reviews some of the most ragged out, dirty cars on YouTube. He Reviewed a brand new, Rosso Corsa F8 Tributo, one time, that literally looked like someone washed it with steel wool.Like I was so mad at how that car looked, I wanted to kick the owners ass. And then he sweats all over every car, and wipes face on his sleeve.

But these guys are out there, hustling, and I can appreciate that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M3AWD3181.50
      01-26-2022, 05:40 AM   #42
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Doug Demuro is obviously like the Johnny Carson of Car reviews…..And then he sweats all over every car, and wipes face on his sleeve.
Haha yes. Doug is intense. I turn on the captions and turn off the volume because his speech is forced and occasionally over the top, borderline orgasmic like when he accelerated in the tesla plaid and lucid air. I appreciate his thorough reviews, but he could tone it down a hair and also wear pants and a decent-fitting shirt
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13395.50
M3AWD3181.50
      01-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #43
init
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3 2018

insightful

Maybe not their best video or a very good video review of the M3, but as a single car person that really drive his car to the maximum, I found this review very insightful.

My two cents (and I understand the risk of saying that on an internet forum...)

I'm currently in the process of acquiring a M3 comp xdrive (paid reserved and about to get it sent to prod in about 2 weeks), and around here, it's almost impossible to try one before ordering, so depending on your preference, driving style and where you live, some options are quite a gamble if you don't have any particular interest in the re-sell value. Yes you can argue that forums are full of opinions on those subjects, but really, the sample of people that actually own one AND that have the same usage pattern as I do is quite small.

For the record, I track my car pretty hard about 7-10 full days a year on a fairly big circuit. The kind of day that will impose parts to be replaced for any car brand/age after almost every day, and also the kind of place where tuning a car often mean trying to figure out a way to add more tires and brakes; not power. I initially considered getting the bucket seats for that reason.

However, I also drive my car to get to the mountain at least twice a week between December and April, most often still wearing the snowboard pants and coat for 120km back and forth. I also happen to often have a passenger who's not a specific fan of sports car (but she likes it when I'm happy with my seats) that rides with me on extended drives (600km+) a couple of times a year. And finally I like black leather, and during our super damp summer, my seats often ends up in some sort of fancy sweat pool. For all these reasons AND after watching this review, even if they would be such an amazing addition for the track, I got the bucket seats optioned out. (If you're not mad already, I also got the carbon roof swapped for the sunroof, but way before I've watched any reviews :P)

The thing is, I would even have taken more random information, like how does the 3D camera system behave after 300km in thick and salty volatile slush at -20C (my RS3 sensors beep like mad under 10km/h after that, it's sooo annoying), or how does this car really behave on black ice or thick snow. But I guess I'll find it by myself when I get it. Wouldn't have been a deal breaker anyways, but xdrive was!

Anyways, all of that to say that I like these "how it feels to daily drive one" not because of what they say, but what they often don't.

Last edited by init; 01-26-2022 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00
      01-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #44
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
(If you're not mad already, I also got the carbon roof swapped for the sunroof, but way before I've watched any reviews :P)

.[/QUOTE]

Good call! And fwiw, the M3 changes over the last 20 years have been substantial one way or the other, but after owning the three latest models apart from this latest one the M3 is always awesome. I liked the last one the least (2018) because it was so hard to get the power down with a manual and RWD… I haven't driven the new one but would absolutely get AWD without question. Too much power to have RWD.
Appreciate 0