BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-04-2021, 01:47 AM   #1
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

Where will HEA cars be held?

Will the HEA allocation cars be held by individual dealers until launch or will they be at the port of entry? I just figured out the G80 has about 1/2" less legroom than F30 or G20. I have VERY long legs and I need to figure out if I can actually drive one or if the construction of the CF seats might provide a little more space. Sitting in one would be the only way to be sure
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

There's nothing special about an HEA vehicle from a regulatory or logistics perspective. They will remain at the port just like any other vehicle until it is approved for US sale and the automaker has completed any other standard procedural activity.

All you want to do is sit in a G80, so keep an eye out for opportunities to see the car in person. There have been several over the last few months, and more will no doubt be available in the new year. You are in a populous area so I imagine you have a decent chance of finding something near by. While not all such events allow you access to the inside of the car, you could explain your situation and perhaps be allowed to test for fit.
Appreciate 2
rak299600.50
GOLFFRR10794.00
      01-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

Thank you. How would I find out about such events/showings? Ask a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
There's nothing special about an HEA vehicle from a regulatory or logistics perspective. They will remain at the port just like any other vehicle until it is approved for US sale and the automaker has completed any other standard procedural activity.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7508.50
      01-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #5
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
Thank you. How would I find out about such events/showings? Ask a dealer?
Most of the ones that happened last year were discussed here prior to the event date. There were a number of threads with pictures taken by attendees, including at least one individual who sat in the car. The ones that took place at BMW driving events were advertised on bmwusa.com. Others not readily open to the general public may have been revealed in invitations, some of which were posted here.

Under normal circumstances, I'd expect more and more public showings/sitings including impromptu club and C&C type events as we near the launch. With the pandemic still a factor, it might be more limited. Still, there are no doubt still a few pre-production G80 and G82 on US soil, so I have to imagine that BMW NA will try to find ways to show them to potential buyers and build hype. Keep an eye on this forum.
Appreciate 1
rak299600.50