BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Borysb
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340XI

Why aren’t all options available in the US?

Hey all. Sorry if this was already answered, but why cant we pick all the possible options when building the M3?

For example, I can't add the M Performance body kit or steering wheel, and multiple exterior and interior colors are missing (such as Frozen Gray).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Hi there!
First of all:
M Performance Parts.
These are bought seperately and are not available in the configurator. Don't know about the US but talked with my dealer in Switzerland and it is not possible here to integrate M Performance Parts in the Order of the G80, they have to be bought seperately completely.

Color Options:
The individuals vary on which configurator you are (canadian has the frozen grey). Altough it is not in the configurator your dealer will be able to add it to your order. Regarding the interior i'm not sure, but placing an individual order will for sure be possible and he can tell you the price.

As for me in the Swiss Configurator the Frozen Dark Grey wasn't available. The Dealer checked it for me and would make an addition 4'600 CHF (expensive af...) but totally worth it if you go with this color.

Hope your question is answered.
Appreciate 1
Nkr151122.00
      12-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Frozen grey, black, orange are not available in the USA but are available everywhere else for whatever reason. I am going with regular black and may xpel stealth wrap it to make it similar to frozen black.

I think you can get the steering wheel and other parts installed at the port. The pricing hasn't been revealed yet. Hopefully before March release..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #4
Borysb
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Thank you! That's what I thought, but when I built an M3 on other countries’ BMW websites to confirm, it looked like exactly the same options. I’m still debating on if I want to wait for MY2022 for AWD. Hopefully we’ll have way more options by then as well
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Thank you! That's what I thought, but when I built an M3 on other countries' BMW websites to confirm, it looked like exactly the same options. I'm still debating on if I want to wait for MY2022 for AWD. Hopefully we'll have way more options by then as well
The BMWUSA configurator typically only has options that are installed at the factory, and regular order paints, usually the priority 1 or quasi individual paints show up, occasionally a couple port installed options might appear but that is extremely rare. Those m performance add ons are technically aftermarket parts, although bmw will certainly offer some for port installation.

You have to remember the bmwusa site is primarily a marketing tool aimed at customers buying off the lot. It is not meant to be a bible for those custom ordering. To get exactly what you want start with the order guides and you need to work with your dealer on what other options are in the system for port install and the parts catalog for what you can have installed at the dealer before you take delivery.
Appreciate 2
Remonster824.00
Scorp!on1511.50