G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

01-21-2021, 09:41 PM   #67
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOh View Post
It angers me when people defend getting rid of the "holfmeister kink" with "the kink was just reinterpreted" is a load of crap. For example If you turn a triangle into a square, it's not a triangle anymore, can't tell me the triangle is "reinterpreted"
You can’t even spell it correctly and you’re angry - come on friend.

Most of the criticism over the Hofmeister kink in this thread is just bandwagoning.

According to BMW, they’ve continued doing what they’ve done - which is to evolve the Hofmeister kink. Is what it is - people getting bent out of shape about it haven’t paid attention to watch BMW has been doing for almost 5-6 years now.

Let’s all just move on from and agree to disagree and talk about everything else around the M3/M4
Appreciate 3
      01-22-2021, 01:15 AM   #68
thaalrasha
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81

It's no secret, in interview Dukec clearly wants to move away from the traditional design cues, including the kink and the grill ... Here is the result . Of course marketing wise it might not be wise to shit on the brand's heritage... so you can tell people you did them "differently".
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
KoenG1417.50
      01-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #69
bellguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 440I M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I have seen people describe the leather crease (pictured here) as a dealbreaker and something they could never overlook....people will complain about literally anything.
Yes, and these folks would never buy one anyway, just moan for something to say and pass the time, deal breaker my ass lol lol
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:32 PM   #70
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBMW View Post
As far as i understand, every BMW has the Hofmeister kink. Literally my BMW production bulletins talk about it. There is a difference between constructive criticism and the hate that i read.
You need to do your homework Mr. and know your product. There is no Hoffmeister kink on the new vehicles and that is one feature that used to identify BMW as a BMW. No more...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #71
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i, 1997 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
You need to do your homework Mr. and know your product. There is no Hoffmeister kink on the new vehicles and that is one feature that used to identify BMW as a BMW. No more...
And where did you learn that it isn't on new BMW's anymore? Because apparently BMW corporate missed your memo.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:53 AM   #72
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post

According to BMW, they’ve continued doing what they’ve done
That's right: they abandon their own promoted principles and when the enthousiast community asks why, they get arrogant and call us names and type cast us as being change averted.

Like the recent Boomer incident, or the idiotic clip where the 750i is made ridiculous by the iX because it's a pre-historic artefact. Or telling us that we have to like the monster grill because it's better design. Or putting diesel engines in an M. Or the kink. Or...

BMW has a terrible dangerous attitude in repeadetly compromising their own fan base by violating their own rules. I can't recollect any other brand doing this.

Their marketing (and design) departments are garbage.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      01-24-2021, 06:19 AM   #73
Dzo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp. xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
That's right: they abandon their own promoted principles and when the enthousiast community asks why, they get arrogant and call us names and type cast us as being change averted.

Like the recent Boomer incident, or the idiotic clip where the 750i is made ridiculous by the iX because it's a pre-historic artefact. Or telling us that we have to like the monster grill because it's better design. Or putting diesel engines in an M. Or the kink. Or...

BMW has a terrible dangerous attitude in repeadetly compromising their own fan base by violating their own rules. I can't recollect any other brand doing this.

Their marketing (and design) departments are garbage.
You make me think about Metallica... ;-)
Appreciate 1
KoenG1417.50
      01-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #74
thaalrasha
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81

Quote:
And where did you learn that it isn't on new BMW's anymore? Because apparently BMW corporate missed your memo.
... if you are told a blue car is a different kind of red ... do you just accept that ? for me it's just marketing trying to salvage the ship towards legacy customers.

All BMWs wore the kink since it was introduced, same one slightly different angle perhaps but close, typical open angle on the rear window... always at the same place on all the cars. the new 4 series just doesn't have it anymore. Designer explained it's boring because all BMWs look the same if you cut the roof up because of the kink (which is true but that's also the brand's iconic design)... so i mean there is little to discuss about unless bmw corporate wears blindfolds ... which might be the case actually.... we still have 330i m performance part videos with v10 sounds...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #75
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

I love BMW and I actually like the G80 but I think there is absoloutely no room to discuss wether there is a hofmeister-kink or not on the G82. It is NOT. No matter how much fantasy you try to put in to see it, it's just not there...
Don't know why this is discussed here...
OP read down what was told to him, in the end he sells BMW and does tell what BMW tells him to do so it's ok.
Appreciate 1
tarrant64116.00
      01-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #76
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
OP read down what was told to him, in the end he sells BMW and does tell what BMW tells him to do so it's ok.
Certainly, he's paid to lie to the customers, just like the rest of the company. It all fits in the arrogance of BMW. They tell us there is a kink while the entire world sees there isn't: the world is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:45 PM   #77
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Certainly, he's paid to lie to the customers, just like the rest of the company. It all fits in the arrogance of BMW. They tell us there is a kink while the entire world sees there isn't: the world is wrong.
I wasn't saying he is lying...But BMW just tells them "There is a hofmeister kink if you look closely we just adapted it blabla" and so this is what he has to tell..
I really don't get why BMW tells the 4 series has a kink when it clearly just doesn't have it.
Disappointing? Yes.
Dealbraker? doesn't look like.

I just hope for the future they integrate it again, it's their DNA....

Also on the 3 series they just attached a piece of plastic to have it and to satisfy their costumer...
But we don't know, maybe the regulations somehow prevents to design a car with it?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #78
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I wasn't saying he is lying...But BMW just tells them "There is a hofmeister kink if you look closely we just adapted it blabla" and so this is what he has to tell..
I really don't get why BMW tells the 4 series has a kink when it clearly just doesn't have it.
Disappointing? Yes.
Dealbraker? doesn't look like.

I just hope for the future they integrate it again, it's their DNA....

Also on the 3 series they just attached a piece of plastic to have it and to satisfy their costumer...
But we don't know, maybe the regulations somehow prevents to design a car with it?
Wrt lying, the company does, and has made a habit from it. Of course, those sales reps don't know, they just use what BMW told them.

Wrt regulations prohibiting the kink, no way...never. How does a hurican or a stradale or ... ever would get homologated then? I can imagine that the greenhouse would be stiffer without the kink, but why don't they tell it then and lie (again) about it?

Don't believe that greenhouse rigidity was high on their prio list back then.

Last edited by KoenG; 01-24-2021 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #79
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep

The year was 2021, where people literally got bent out of shape about the Hofmeister kink....
Appreciate 3
DenverBMW239.00
Transfer5242.50
      01-25-2021, 12:30 AM   #80
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Because is not?
Read the definition of Hofmeister kink and the attribute that has. Geometry, angles and purpose.

Corporate memo?
Are you the guy that believes everything the corporate world says or you are using your own research?

BMW also said that they will never build the FWDcar.... Hello?
Now tell me love, what traction system is on F48 X1 and the X2?
Do you know? Or you will give me your brochure answer? Because somwhere there, there is a lie...

Leave the reviews to tru afficionados please.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
KoenG1417.50
      01-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #81
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Because is not?
Read the definition of Hofmeister kink and the attribute that has. Geometry, angles and purpose.

Corporate memo?
Are you the guy that believes everything the corporate world says or you are using your own research?

BMW also said that they will never build the FWDcar.... Hello?
Now tell me love, what traction system is on F48 X1 and the X2?
Do you know? Or you will give me your brochure answer? Because somwhere there, there is a lie...

Leave the reviews to tru afficionados please.
Didn't BMW say they wouldn't make a FWD "M" car? Or did they actually say they wouldn't make any BMW a FWD, hard to believe the later but please link up to that nonsense.

Either way, the hostility towards the OP is just uncalled for. Instead of coming out looking like the true BMW pros you pretend to be, you are coming out as nothing more than bullies, completely lacking any sort of respect or ability to make a case other than what's only supported by fan-boyism.

If BMW is selling the car as having a Hofmeister kink, then it has one. If people don't like it, don't have to buy the car. But as this persons job to sell it as it is, I see no issue with it. It really, makes no difference in the grand scheme of car as a whole. You're either buying it, loving it, or hating it. Going at the OP like this over something so petty is sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #82
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Didn't BMW say they wouldn't make a FWD "M" car? Or did they actually say they wouldn't make any BMW a FWD, hard to believe the later but please link up to that nonsense.

Either way, the hostility towards the OP is just uncalled for. Instead of coming out looking like the true BMW pros you pretend to be, you are coming out as nothing more than bullies, completely lacking any sort of respect or ability to make a case other than what's only supported by fan-boyism.

If BMW is selling the car as having a Hofmeister kink, then it has one. If people don't like it, don't have to buy the car. But as this persons job to sell it as it is, I see no issue with it. It really, makes no difference in the grand scheme of car as a whole. You're either buying it, loving it, or hating it. Going at the OP like this over something so petty is sad.
I like this guy. Everything you said was 100% spot on.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 01:38 PM   #83
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

You forgot about this?

OP is probably a loyal employee and apparently exhibits the same behaviour as the brand he's working for.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2706.00
      01-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #84
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You forgot about this?
[IMG]https://cloud.netlifyusercontent.com...bmw-rabbit.jpg[/IMG]

OP is probably a loyal employee and apparently exhibits the same behaviour as the brand he's working for.
LOL.

They did that with a couple other animals too like a frog and horse though right? That was forever ago. Lol.

So we're going to hinge an old marketing campaign on what the business overall does what, say 15-20 years later from when that occurred? Pretty sure BMW doing FWD was a market gain/share decision - just business haha.

BTW - I was thinking of this in more recent memory: https://www.motortrend.com/news/bmw-...l-drive-m-car/
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #85
ABenLauda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Isle (not Isles) of Man Green. Sorry, I stopped watching after this. Lighting was nice.
      02-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #86
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You forgot about this?

Just trying to do the best i can but thanks for all the shit talking.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 08:11 PM   #87
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Appreciate 0