BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-05-2021, 01:27 PM   #23
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Jahre Edition

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Jahre  [9.50]
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite79 View Post
as of noon today both stop sales remain on my car.
Hang in there bro. Just had a zoom meeting with the finance guy at my dealership to finalize my purchase. He said that they are really expecting a big shipment of cars soon and did not want a bottle neck of customers wanting to finalize their deals with finance. And he knew about that hold up at the VPC and said things are finally moving there. But as of this writing, my CAM issue is still open.
      11-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #24
TillyM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexura View Post
Hang in there bro. Just had a zoom meeting with the finance guy at my dealership to finalize my purchase. He said that they are really expecting a big shipment of cars soon and did not want a bottle neck of customers wanting to finalize their deals with finance. And he knew about that hold up at the VPC and said things are finally moving there. But as of this writing, my CAM issue is still open.
you can complete finance while car is still on "STOP SALE" ?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #25
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeite22 View Post
Quote:
I thought that was the point of the stop sale lol.

Seems like the dealership got all the paperwork finalized but can't submit it until the stop sale is complete.

Seems shady. Why can't dealerships just do things the right way
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #26
boilermaker4life
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

First BMW for me and found this forum useful so I joined. I also have a RAM stop sale and waiting patiently for my car to get past this. Reached Baltimore port on Oct 26th.
Appreciate 1
Lexura314.50
      11-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #27
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Seems like the dealership got all the paperwork finalized but can't submit it until the stop sale is complete.

Not shady at all. The meeting was for clients that they have a business relationship with already and had a pending order. They wanted to expedite the finance process with an expectation of a big shipment of cars clogging up their offices. They did not ask me sign anything during the meeting.

FYI, I had a 2021 Dravit Gray M4 which I sold to them in July because I hated the bucket seats. They provided me a loaner 2021 X5 which I still have. I don't call this courtesy and meeting with them prior to delivery shady at all.
      11-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #28
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
No, I did not sign anything. It was just a meeting to ensure that my information is still the same from when I ordered my car in July. And nothing was was finalized sales wise.
      11-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #29
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
No.

Quote:

They can have the business office take credit apps and do a bunch of the work upfront but most manufacturers finance arms will not allow full delivery without a car. Just pre-approval.

Imagine papering out the car while it sits at VPC way too long payments become due and are collected then customer refuses to take delivery because the car was damaged at the rail yard. Major mess… “I’m not buying a damaged car and want my money back!”
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #30
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not shady at all. The meeting was for clients that they have a business relationship with already and had a pending order. They wanted to expedite the finance process with an expectation of a big shipment of cars clogging up their offices. They did not ask me sign anything during the meeting.

FYI, I had a 2021 Dravit Gray M4 which I sold to them in July because I hated the bucket seats. They provided me a loaner 2021 X5 which I still have. I don't call this courtesy and meeting with them prior to delivery shady at all.
What did you hate about the seats? Are you a bigger or taller guy?

Just Curious since I actually did the opposite of you. I sold my car with standard seats just to get the buckets (and awd). I haven't sat in them yet so I did this purely hoping I luck out and like them
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #31
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What did you hate about the seats? Are you a bigger or taller guy?

Just Curious since I actually did the opposite of you. I sold my car with standard seats just to get the buckets (and awd). I haven't sat in them yet so I did this purely hoping I luck out and like them
Not big at all. Am just 5'8 with a stocky build. The buckets poked the left part of my thigh while my foot was resting on the foot rest down below. My thigh was getting a red beating that my wife pushed to trade it in.
I am sure you will love the way they look. But am not sure if your physique will match them. Good luck!
      11-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #32
teamtj
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 xDrive

At Baltimore VPC since 10/26 due to RAM stop sale. Work order was created on Nov 1st, but no updates after Nov 1st.

Do we know anyone who came out of Balitimore VPC in the last 2-3 weeks ?

Thanks
TJ
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:43 AM   #33
Dolemite79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtj View Post
At Baltimore VPC since 10/26 due to RAM stop sale. Work order was created on Nov 1st, but no updates after Nov 1st.

Do we know anyone who came out of Balitimore VPC in the last 2-3 weeks ?

Thanks
TJ
Lexura has been there the longest and the last thing he reported was the Camera Stop sale was cleared but the RAM stop sale remained.

My work order was opened on oct 21st. No movement as of today.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #34
boilermaker4life
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

From my sales agent however not much, “we talked to our rep about inbound vehicles on stop sale and they mentioned they have started work orders this month and are trying their best to keep up with vehicle at the port.”
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #35
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermaker4life View Post
From my sales agent however not much, “we talked to our rep about inbound vehicles on stop sale and they mentioned they have started work orders this month and are trying their best to keep up with vehicle at the port.”
What your and my SA are in-line. Today marks one month since my work order started. If my RAM stop sale does not close within this week, I hate to say this but the chip shortage is worse than we think and they are just lying to us.
      11-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #36
boilermaker4life
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What your and my SA are in-line. Today marks one month since my work order started. If my RAM stop sale does not close within this week, I hate to say this but the chip shortage is worse than we think and they are just lying to us.
What you said makes sense, if they truly started in November and they have any kind of fair ordering, you should be done this week.
Appreciate 1
Lexura314.50
      11-08-2021, 07:41 PM   #37
krd
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Got referred to this thread. Had a car sitting at Bremerhaven since 10/15, finally on a boat on Saturday 11/6. Ordered in July, originally week 34, then 37, then 40. Based on what I’m reading above, I’ll be truly lucky if I take delivery before 2022!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #38
krd
Private
Rep

Should add I’m headed to Baltimore for a 11/17-11/21 unloading, with an open RAM issue
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #39
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krd View Post
Should add I’m headed to Baltimore for a 11/17-11/21 unloading, with an open RAM issue
I don't know if I am going to be happy for you that your car is getting there on the 17th or sad that it will be shipped to this cursed VPC. 😟
      11-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #40
krd
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if I am going to be happy for you that your car is getting there on the 17th or sad that it will be shipped to this cursed VPC. 😟
Amen brother. It’s time the dealers make real noise. This affects them as well, the customer-facing component of BMW.
Appreciate 1
Lexura314.50
      11-09-2021, 09:32 AM   #41
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krd View Post
Quote:
Amen brother. It’s time the dealers make real noise. This affects them as well, the customer-facing component of BMW.
Still no progress. 🙁
Attached Images

11-09-2021, 09:51 AM   #42
Dolemite79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 z06

Quote:
Still no progress. 🙁
ugh was hoping to have the car by thanksgiving but at this point i think Christmas is the realistic timeframe
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #43
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite79 View Post
Quote:
Still no progress. 🙁
ugh was hoping to have the car by thanksgiving but at this point i think Christmas is the realistic timeframe
Yeah, might be a Christmas delivery for us all ☹️. I am immensely perplexed as to why there is no movement at all in Baltimore.
      11-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #44
nyates55
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M235i

Quote:
Yeah, might be a Christmas delivery for us all ☹️. I am immensely perplexed as to why there is no movement at all in Baltimore.
It's possible they do the shipments in order of VPC's that are running out of parking spots for vehicles. Maybe the Baltimore one just has a lot of space or isn't near capacity.
Appreciate 0