BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-09-2021, 10:21 PM   #89
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
I'm not sure if I should of called. When I ordered my car it was scheduled for week 48, then dealer told me week 50. I called the genius and they're telling me week 5….looks like I'll be lucky to get it in the spring.
Ah man sorry to hear that, but at least now you know and it hurts now vs. you expecting the car and building anticipation for a certain date, only to be shot down and told it was delayed. It could move forward or back further - just call every now and then to see rather than waiting for your CA.

I call every week to see if my production week has changed. I called today and the genius said I'm still slated for week 50 production. I'm excited, but know that it's subject to change. My hopes are up, but there's nothing we can do about the semiconductor/part shortages that we're experiencing now.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #90
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I got some good news this morning. Genius says I am now week 49. Hopefully you guys drop a week too.

At this point, I'm toying with the idea of paying an ADM for one I can get now though.
      11-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #91
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I got some good news this morning. Genius says I am now week 49. Hopefully you guys drop a week too.

At this point, I'm toying with the idea of paying an ADM for one I can get now though.
Mazel tov!

Wishing I could get pulled forward. Not hopeful though. At this point I'd rather stay put at 50 then get pushed back.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #92
BostonGeo
Rep
Drives: BMW M5cs

So I am about to cancel my build as i was able to acquire an M5cs that will be landing here in a few weeks. I could maybe pass along the allocation at the right price if anyone is interested ? again the car is set for week 50 build. Yes my build has been delayed but its only because I'm patient to wait on the ceramics and seats. Reach out to me if interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 01:59 PM   #93
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGeo View Post
So I am about to cancel my build as i was able to acquire an M5cs that will be landing here in a few weeks. I could maybe pass along the allocation at the right price if anyone is interested ? again the car is set for week 50 build. Yes my build has been delayed but its only because I'm patient to wait on the ceramics and seats. Reach out to me if interested.
For the right price? Why don't you just give it away and have that person cover your deposit?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #94
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:

11-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #95
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:
For the right price? Why don't you just give it away and have that person cover your deposit?
These are the same guys that run out to get a ps5 to resell it later. 🤦🏻*♂️
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019072.50
Rayien581.50
      11-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #96
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Pure class right here.

You're on a forum full of enthusiasts that all want to just buy a car and enjoy it, and you're looking to extort the current car market climate to your benefit. Piss off mate, buy the car and flip it on your own. I hope no one actually messages you and pays you.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019072.50
Rayien581.50
      11-10-2021, 10:53 PM   #97
Rotate
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6SPD, 2014 Viper

Quote:
Oh man I'm so happy it worked out for you. Hopefully we get to meet!

What is your complete spec?

Really excited for the car, still can't believe I'm in 112 at MSRP. Thanks again and for sure, hope they come in at the same time and that works out!

My full spec is:

M4 Manual
Isle Of Man Green
Kayalami Full Leather
Aluminum Trim
Laser Lights
Ventilated Seats
Base wheels
Appreciate 1
modat2462.50
      11-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #98
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:

There was another guy on here that tried to sell his allocation too. As a reminder: you don't own an allocation. The dealer does not have to honor your "sale" and will likely pass it on to their next customer in waiting.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #99
BostonGeo
Rep
Drives: BMW M5cs

Dealer wont let me do it anyways. Its called Business boys and if you're someone at the bottom of the list you could be looking at 8 months.. Worth the money. But unfortunately the list behind me is so long he wouldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #100
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Well, I may not be here for much longer. 😂

I just reached out to my CA to try and add CF buckets.

My lack of patience had me go yesterday to check out a local, fellow forum members Verde Ermes for sale and it happened to have buckets..
needless to say, I fell in love with the seats.

Ultimately, I decided I am going to remain patient and wait for my Mexico blue G80 but trying to add buckets now. We will see how badly this fucks my progress and my wallet. Lol

If unable to add, it's ok- just gonna leave this one up to Jesus!
*sarcasm
New prospective build—

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Carbon Fiber Bucket Seats
826 M black wheels with red calipers
Carbon fiber interior trim
Carbon fiber exterior package
M performance carbon fiber front splitter/lip
M performance carbon fiber side markers
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights
Parking assistance package

We shall see—
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #101
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post

My lack of patience had me go yesterday to check out a local, fellow forum members Verde Ermes for sale and it happened to have buckets..

Ultimately, I decided I am going to remain patient and wait for my Mexico blue G80 but trying to add buckets now. We will see how badly this fucks my progress and my wallet. Lol

*sarcasm
New prospective build—

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights

We shall see—
Wise choice. I also got to try out the buckets yesterday because I was questioning my decision to do so without trying them on. So glad I ordered them because they look and feel amazing.

God speed to you friend. In the end it'll be worth it.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #102
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

*sarcasm
New prospective build—

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights

We shall see—
Wise choice. I also got to try out the buckets yesterday because I was questioning my decision to do so without trying them on. So glad I ordered them because they look and feel amazing.

God speed to you friend. In the end it'll be worth it.
Lol how funny! Thank you dude. I am broad up top so definitely a bit tight in my lats area but I loved how connected to the car it made me feel. Made the car feel incredibly special! We will see…
I'll keep you all posted. At least we all have a great support group. 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #103
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I dont know guys. It seems a few members who got them sold their cars shortly after because daily driving a car with them was a real pain. Those high side bolsters are a challenge to get in and out of. I suspect we will start to see people posting about side bolster wear and tear for those who daily with them too. They are gorgeous. But they just don't seem to be very practical at all.
      11-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #104
og_e46
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46; G80 M3C FDG; X7 M50i

Quote:

My 2 cents, order what you want based on your liking. I was fortunate enough to try out the bucket seats at the dealer before ordering and was fine with the fitment.

My added options may push the production date out pending parts availability (along with individual paint), but oh well. Still at status 111, and Genius says my build is still estimated to start production week 48. Not sure when status will change to 112 but seems like it should soon if the schedule holds?

ADDED OPTIONS
Carbon Fiber trim
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights
M carbon bucket seats
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #105
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I dont know guys. It seems a few members who got them sold their cars shortly after because daily driving a car with them was a real pain. Those high side bolsters are a challenge to get in and out of. I suspect we will start to see people posting about side bolster wear and tear for those who daily with them too. They are gorgeous. But they just don't seem to be very practical at all.
I was only in them for a limited time but I loved them.

Also going to get bolster protectors made from mine so I dont have to worry about the wear.

I am mentally set on getting these seats and nothing, at this point, will change my mind
Appreciate 2
BIGW0RM3132.00
RockinPA4848.00
      11-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #106
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I will use the same analogy as I used with my wife who has a high end shoes problem—
The buckets are like a beautiful pair of shoes. The shoes may not be the most comfortable, but they aren't uncomfortable either. So, you rock them!
Lol. She ultimately appreciated the analogy and endorsed my choice. 😂

I'm stoked on them. I hope I am able to get them added. I don't think it should be a problem but yes, may cause further delay. As impatient as I'm growing, it's ok because we have an incoming '22 LCI X3M comp too for the wife in Brooklyn Grey with sakhir orange interior (just ordered today). I am awaiting confirmation on build week but dealer said he believes it's a week 51 allocation. At this rate, we will prob see our X3M before the M3. Lol.

The G80 isn't a daily for me and won't be our only car so I think the seats will be perfect (I hope&#128514. Going for it!
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3132.00
      11-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #107
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I was only in them for a limited time but I loved them.

Also going to get bolster protectors made from mine so I dont have to worry about the wear.

I am mentally set on getting these seats and nothing, at this point, will change my mind
Won't bmw warranty the seat if they fall apart? I would certainly think so. I don't tend to keep my cars more than 2 years +/- ish. So, I doubt I'll see any issue in two years with me being careful and ocd about my cars.

I'm with you dude. I'm set on them too. Just hoping I can get them added successfully.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #108
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Won't bmw warranty the seat if they fall apart? I would certainly think so. I don't tend to keep my cars more than 2 years +/- ish. So, I doubt I'll see any issue in two years with me being careful and ocd about my cars.

I'm with you dude. I'm set on them too. Just hoping I can get them added successfully.
Bucket seats are great (unless you are on the larger size). Just place the left hand on the door sill to support your body weight when getting in and out, then the bolster will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #109
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Week 47 is hitting 150 status. We should be there in 3 weeks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:42 AM   #110
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Wohoo! Carbon buckets were successfully added to my build and still in status 112 and remain in week 50! Hoping it will stay there!

Officially accepted individual order:

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
M performance carbon side markers
Executive package
M drive professional