BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-22-2022, 09:05 AM   #419
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Not that you guys are probably watching, but have any New Year builds (Week 1 on) been stuck in QC?
I've only visited that thread once or twice, and I didn't see anyone stuck.
Appreciate 1
Kief4419.50
      01-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #420
johnd827
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Finally arrived!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      01-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #421
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd827 View Post
Finally arrived!!!
Gorgeous! Is that Oxide over Fiona Red?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 12:14 PM   #422
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Finally arrived!!!
Are the hips really that wide?!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 03:42 PM   #423
johnd827
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_M3 View Post
Quote:
Finally arrived!!!
Gorgeous! Is that Oxide over Fiona Red?
It's Skyscraper grey with Fiona. The picture doesn't do the colour justice either.
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      01-22-2022, 03:44 PM   #424
johnd827
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Quote:
Finally arrived!!!
Are the hips really that wide?!
They certainly are!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
adr_M3368.50
ATX_M3185.50
02M3ForMe4255.50
zb26031055.50
      01-22-2022, 04:28 PM   #425
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Quote:
They certainly are!
Holy crap that is a nice ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 12:26 PM   #426
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Even build week 3 are already at the ports, I couldn’t help myself and had to look. As someone said they cast our cars aside and moved forward with their current builds. I’m beginning to wonder I’d I’ll ever see my car. Waiting for the day when I get the call that my order has been canceled. This is so far from acceptable I have no words for it. Someone doesn’t know what they are doing at BMW.
Appreciate 1
danghe4.50
      01-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #427
JWBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M4 & X5 45e

Over 60 days sitting in the same spot at the factory. Odds the tires will have flat spots?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 03:36 PM   #428
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
Over 60 days sitting in the same spot at the factory. Odds the tires will have flat spots?
79 days here; completely sucked the joy out of this for me. 4th ordered M (E93 and two F83s) and this is the absolute worst experience.

My current F83 was supposed to go back 8/10 but allocations for the G83 weren't widely available until August, so I couldn't order beforehand. This order was placed on 8/16 with a confirmed production number and week (36). Now here we are six months later and I've used up my all of my lease extensions and have to give back the car in two weeks without any real date on when the new one will arrive.

I get the shortages, but I just don't get why ours are still sitting while the later weeks are shipping.

Last edited by monagram; 01-23-2022 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 03:41 PM   #429
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by monagram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
79 days for me; completely sucked the joy out of this for me. 4th ordered M (E93 and two F83s) and this is the absolute worst experience. I get the shortages, but I just don't get why ours are still sitting.
Yeah, it makes no sense. They have the parts for new builds, but they've completely de-prioritized everything from like week 42-47.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 03:46 PM   #430
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
This whole thing sucks for those of us left in this position. We have absolutely no leverage to get any help with this. Like many in here, I've tried to contact BMW corporate to only get tons of generic and non-informative canned answers. I supposedly had someone from BMW call me once (phone never rang, no evidence of them calling) and they sent me an email indicating as such. They said I could call back and if they don't answer, leave them a time to call me back. I've tried calling them back a half dozen times in the past week and I left a voicemail telling them what times of day to reach me. I emailed the same. They've yet to reach back out and they are always unavailable.

What's worse is that dealerships also have no real incentive to do anything for customers here. If anyone who negotiated a deal in 2021 for MSRP or less, a dealership would likely benefit from that person cancelling their order so they can sell the car to someone else for a higher price point. Demand is high and I highly doubt they will have much issue finding a buyer before the car actually does arrive.

BMW corporate has been completely silent on this and at this point I don't expect them to do a damned thing for anyone who has been stuck in our situation. Still, I'm curious, for those that have, and are in the middle of, finally progressed past QC and taking receipt of your cars, what was the final interaction with your dealership and/or BMW corporate been like? Did they try to make things better by throwing in any incentives, items, etc.? Did they do the opposite and try to suddenly change the deal by removing dealership incentives or increasing the price? Did they just treat it all like its absolutely a nothingburger and we're all supposed to just shut up and be happy we finally got our car with our worse financing options?

65 days in QC and counting here. Order accepted by BMW on June 11, 2021.
      01-23-2022, 04:24 PM   #431
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

76 days in QC for me. I keep posting here because I’m so frustrated I have to vent somewhere. I should correct that as my frustration is turning to anger with all of these newer builds passing us by. Although I received a callback from customer service ( which i missed) after I emailed the CEO I will keep calling back every day until I speak to someone and I will insist on an answer as to why our cars are being overlooked. I am going to send a second email to the CEO and keep emailing him until I get a proper answer. Ok rant over but I still will do what I said above.
Appreciate 1
Mcc420473.50
      01-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #432
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post
This whole thing sucks for those of us left in this position. We have absolutely no leverage to get any help with this. Like many in here, I've tried to contact BMW corporate to only get tons of generic and non-informative canned answers. I supposedly had someone from BMW call me once (phone never rang, no evidence of them calling) and they sent me an email indicating as such. They said I could call back and if they don't answer, leave them a time to call me back. I've tried calling them back a half dozen times in the past week and I left a voicemail telling them what times of day to reach me. I emailed the same. They've yet to reach back out and they are always unavailable.

What's worse is that dealerships also have no real incentive to do anything for customers here. If anyone who negotiated a deal in 2021 for MSRP or less, a dealership would likely benefit from that person cancelling their order so they can sell the car to someone else for a higher price point. Demand is high and I highly doubt they will have much issue finding a buyer before the car actually does arrive.

BMW corporate has been completely silent on this and at this point I don't expect them to do a damned thing for anyone who has been stuck in our situation. Still, I'm curious, for those that have, and are in the middle of, finally progressed past QC and taking receipt of your cars, what was the final interaction with your dealership and/or BMW corporate been like? Did they try to make things better by throwing in any incentives, items, etc.? Did they do the opposite and try to suddenly change the deal by removing dealership incentives or increasing the price? Did they just treat it all like its absolutely a nothingburger and we're all supposed to just shut up and be happy we finally got our car with our worse financing options?

65 days in QC and counting here. Order accepted by BMW on June 11, 2021.
My Week 46 G80 cleared QC last Friday and is now awaiting carrier assignment. Like many others I vented to Genius and escalated things to a case manager who gave me the same canned responses but did tell me to call them back once I get my car to see if I'm eligible for an adjustment on my monthly payment or something called a lifestyle credit. He said this could be offered independent of the dealer but of course didn't make any promises. My main concern was and still is getting my vehicle before my rate lock expires at the end of March as my CA said they are unable to honor my locked in rate past that point. I won't rest easy until the car is at the dealership 😪
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 05:43 PM   #433
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Quote:
My Week 46 G80 cleared QC last Friday and is now awaiting carrier assignment. Like many others I vented to Genius and escalated things to a case manager who gave me the same canned responses but did tell me to call them back once I get my car to see if I'm eligible for an adjustment on my monthly payment or something called a lifestyle credit. He said this could be offered independent of the dealer but of course didn't make any promises. My main concern was and still is getting my vehicle before my rate lock expires at the end of March as my CA said they are unable to honor my locked in rate past that point. I won't rest easy until the car is at the dealership 😪
Yea, since I am so far out it might cost me an extra $50 a month with the new rates. Like I said, the worst car buying experience I've had.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #434
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just emailed the CEO of BMW M, Franciscus (Frank) Van Meel, vanmeel@bmw.com I don’t think it’ll help, but it’s not going to hurt either.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:27 PM   #435
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by monagram View Post
79 days here; completely sucked the joy out of this for me. 4th ordered M (E93 and two F83s) and this is the absolute worst experience.

My current F83 was supposed to go back 8/10 but allocations for the G83 weren't widely available until August, so I couldn't order beforehand. This order was placed on 8/16 with a confirmed production number and week (36). Now here we are six months later and I've used up my all of my lease extensions and have to give back the car in two weeks without any real date on when the new one will arrive.

I get the shortages, but I just don't get why ours are still sitting while the later weeks are shipping.
Sorry you are going through this especially with the lease extension. This hold up for me cause me to sell my m4. I thought would be getting my car earlier and sold it. What I ended up doing was buying a 2007 Wrangler cash and use it as my daily driver until my new m4 arrives. The bright side my m4 will not be my daily like it was originally planned for and I am more patient now so when ever it gets here it gets here.
Appreciate 1
monagram124.00
      01-24-2022, 07:46 AM   #436
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Hopefully you guys see movement this week.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 10:25 AM   #437
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
My main concern was and still is getting my vehicle before my rate lock expires at the end of March as my CA said they are unable to honor my locked in rate past that point. I won't rest easy until the car is at the dealership 😪
Talk to the dealership General manager or someone up the stream. My dealership GM spoke with BMW Financial Svcs. and they stated they will going to honor the same rate and won't do another credit hard pull, since it's not my fault.
Appreciate 2
'Cane8349.50
adr_M3368.50
      01-24-2022, 11:08 AM   #438
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

So after emailing the CEO of BMW of NA I spoke to someone at customer service to find out why my car and others are stuck in QC all this time, with newer builds passing us. I got the same answer as all of you have. They don’t know! I told her someone within BMW has to know what’s going on. She agreed and apologized. We will just have to wait this out as no answers are coming.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:57 AM   #439
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
Talk to the dealership General manager or someone up the stream. My dealership GM spoke with BMW Financial Svcs. and they stated they will going to honor the same rate and won't do another credit hard pull, since it's not my fault.
Heard the same from my dealer. They said they would honor the .9%/60 or 1.9%/72
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #440
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
So after emailing the CEO of BMW of NA I spoke to someone at customer service to find out why my car and others are stuck in QC all this time, with newer builds passing us. I got the same answer as all of you have. They don’t know! I told her someone within BMW has to know what’s going on. She agreed and apologized. We will just have to wait this out as no answers are coming.
I feel like I've complained so much, and they know my VIN, they're going to make me wait longer out of spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoguy0822 View Post
Heard the same from my dealer. They said they would honor the .9%/60 or 1.9%/72
I asked, but he hasn't responded. Won't be very happy if they won't honor it.
Appreciate 0