BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #67
miclup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 430i GC

When I first placed my order back in early February I spec’d my m3 6SP without exec pack and the build sheet did not list the the laser lights (the one thing I really wanted from the exec pack) I ultimately decided to add the exec pack (late February) to have the lights. I wonder if anyone that placed an order recently without exec pack and 6SP got the laser lights included at N/C?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 08:53 PM   #68
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I was just playing on the configurator with a manual build an indeed they are there (laser lights) without ticking the executive package box. Even the summary states "Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight". I looked at the 360 view of the car and I can't see any difference with the way they look.

Seems odd to me? If you can get them for free without ticking the box then it really makes the executive package expensive for what it is unless I'm missing something here, but it seams were all on to something with this?

This is my build doc which I got after placing the order. I get my car in a week, we will know for sure lol.

Can someone share their build, in which they did get the exec pack. Super curious if the description code beside the lights is the same.
Here my build sheet with exec pkg on a comp.
Attached Images

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 09:33 PM   #69
TigahRouge
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05X5,G82C, Ram 1500

I did skip the executive package because none of the items make the car faster. I am quite satisfied without this option.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 01:49 AM   #70
killhour
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4C xDrive, Focus RS, DB9 GT

My current daily (Stinger) has a HUD and it's really useful for always being able to have the speed limit in your peripheral vision so you don't get pulled over all the time. It also has turn by turn directions but only if you use the built in nav, which I almost never do. Test driving the M3 today, I found that turn by turn in the HUD works with Google maps through Android Auto and it's the best feature that nobody knows about. It's so good.
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1321.50
Ocho3.00
      03-17-2021, 06:24 AM   #71
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Can someone confirm if the remote start function is compatible with a MT spec? I imagine the function won't work unless the transmission is in neutral? Can my phone's BMW Connected App start the car or is limited to the key fob?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #72
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by killhour View Post
My current daily (Stinger) has a HUD and it's really useful for always being able to have the speed limit in your peripheral vision so you don't get pulled over all the time. It also has turn by turn directions but only if you use the built in nav, which I almost never do. Test driving the M3 today, I found that turn by turn in the HUD works with Google maps through Android Auto and it's the best feature that nobody knows about. It's so good.
That is a really good thing to know about as far as Android Auto working with the HUD. Thanks for sharing that.

What is your overall impression of the HUD with the new digital instrument cluster? Does it take away from that or do you really even need the HUD since the cluster is digital now? I always thought when the cluster was analog it helped a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #73
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Can someone confirm if the remote start function is compatible with a MT spec? I imagine the function won't work unless the transmission is in neutral? Can my phone's BMW Connected App start the car or is limited to the key fob?
The remote start is not compatible with 6MT. Only the comp model.

On the Connected app feature I'm not sure on that one. BMW Genius maybe able to help you or another forum member that has the feature.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #74
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Heated Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigahRouge View Post
I did skip the executive package because none of the items make the car faster. I am quite satisfied without this option.
I agree. My F80 has the Exec Package. For me, the heated steering wheel is the only essential feature; the rest is bloat. Anyone know whether I could skip the Exec Package and install a factory heated wheel?

On the G80 w/ Exec Package, does anyone know where is the activation/deactivation button is located? On the wheel itself? Or a toggle button located on steering column a la F80?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #75
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
I agree. My F80 has the Exec Package. For me, the heated steering wheel is the only essential feature; the rest is bloat. Anyone know whether I could skip the Exec Package and install a factory heated wheel?

On the G80 w/ Exec Package, does anyone know where is the activation/deactivation button is located? On the wheel itself? Or a toggle button located on steering column a la F80?
The heated steering wheel button is right in front of you now on the wheel.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #76
killhour
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4C xDrive, Focus RS, DB9 GT

Quote:
That is a really good thing to know about as far as Android Auto working with the HUD. Thanks for sharing that.

What is your overall impression of the HUD with the new digital instrument cluster? Does it take away from that or do you really even need the HUD since the cluster is digital now? I always thought when the cluster was analog it helped a lot.
I absolutely love the HUD. If anything, the HUD almost makes the cluster redundant instead of the other way around. The HUD is large and clear and AFAICT, the exact same as the one in the 5 series. I wouldn't be surprised if in future cars, the HUD was where the tach and speedo live and the cluster is just a big map or android auto or something.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #77
TB///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M3

I was not planning on getting the exec pack until I learned that the light it comes in have them dinky underscore DRL's. So..just because of that I will NEED to get the pack. I wife will love the heated steering wheels.

So, for those not wanting the exec, pls be aware, the headlights will look like a standard 4 series headlights.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #78
Fireball1
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Here my build sheet with exec pkg on a comp.
My build sheet says the same thing and I didn't get the exec package. The only thing I really liked in the exec package was the laser lights, but didn't think it was worth the extra cash. Now if I get them at no charge, that would be great! Has anybody taken delivery yet on G8x competition without exec package and can confirm if it came with laser lights vs. standard?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 09:00 PM   #79
Delmoney335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM G80 comp

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB///M3 View Post
I was not planning on getting the exec pack until I learned that the light it comes in have them dinky underscore DRL's. So..just because of that I will NEED to get the pack. I wife will love the heated steering wheels.

So, for those not wanting the exec, pls be aware, the headlights will look like a standard 4 series headlights.
Exactly what happened to me. Don't really care about the rest of the exec pack items but the headlights look a lot better.
      03-17-2021, 10:01 PM   #80
HK4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Scion TC, 2023 G80 M3

I think exec is all personal preference as this is another set of features that may allow you to enjoy the car even more.

As for me I want an enjoyable experience but would like to keep the Msrp low. My spec is at 86 k and I couldn’t justify adding exec for only the lights which is what I like.

If I lived in a colder climate the practicality of exec increases and therefore I’d add it to my spec.

As of now I’m completely happy without it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 05:03 AM   #81
mmckenzie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 6MT (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey82 View Post
Go to the configurator, all the way to the end. In the last summary stage it will show up. They are apparently standard on the competition model. Not standard on the manual. They are also listed in the build doc CA gave me.
Laser Light is standard on the 6MT too - here's my spec sheet that shows it. When I saw this I was actually doubtful whether this was accurate because this was not a box I could even check, but when I took delivery last weekend, yes the Laser Light was there
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:02 AM   #82
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmckenzie View Post
Laser Light is standard on the 6MT too - here's my spec sheet that shows it. When I saw this I was actually doubtful whether this was accurate because this was not a box I could even check, but when I took delivery last weekend, yes the Laser Light was there
Laserlight have the blue plastic inside, what you get as standard is LED, not Laser (as far as I know, in Switzerland I had to take the "Technology Paket" to have the Laserlights and HUD.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:26 AM   #83
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

yes i will be ordering mine with out. Didnt order my F80 with it and dont really need the features. Possibly if this was a daily driver but its just a weekend warrior on nice days.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #84
mmckenzie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 6MT (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Laserlight have the blue plastic inside, what you get as standard is LED, not Laser (as far as I know, in Switzerland I had to take the "Technology Paket" to have the Laserlights and HUD.
Looks like Laser to me
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1514.50
LuckyBrand1321.50
      03-19-2021, 11:18 AM   #85
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Looks like Laser to me
That's really interesting - when you toggle it on or off in the configurator it does change the appearance of the lights, but those are definitely the laser lights you have. I wonder if they quietly modified the standard options to include it (maybe there's a shortage on the LED parts or something?). Either way, that's awesome. Definitely makes the exec package harder to justify if you're getting one of the main items regardless
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1514.50
      03-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #86
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
That's really interesting - when you toggle it on or off in the configurator it does change the appearance of the lights, but those are definitely the laser lights you have. I wonder if they quietly modified the standard options to include it (maybe there's a shortage on the LED parts or something?). Either way, that's awesome. Definitely makes the exec package harder to justify if you're getting one of the main items regardless
Yeah I keep checking this thread and the more information that comes out the more I debate spending the $2800 on the package since all I want is the laser's and HUD and if you can get the laser's that makes the HUD a $2800 option for me.

With the new dash being digital and I can get the seat really low in this car for my taste I just don't know if I need or want the HUD now. Arrghhh! I just can't decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 11:52 AM   #87
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Yeah I keep checking this thread and the more information that comes out the more I debate spending the $2800 on the package since all I want is the laser's and HUD and if you can get the laser's that makes the HUD a $2800 option for me.

With the new dash being digital and I can get the seat really low in this car for my taste I just don't know if I need or want the HUD now. Arrghhh! I just can't decide.
I've never had HUD but do like it with the 6MT for the rev counter, that's really nice to be able to see that on the windshield. Only aggravation is that you can't have that HUD display unless you're in "M mode", which also changes the appearance of the regular dash. I want the regular dash appearance + m mode HUD but you can't seem to be able to get both at the same time. You should be able to modify them individually
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #88
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Looks like Laser to me
that's really interesting !

cool that it is standard in your country, it was one of my main reason to go with the tech pack that costs 2800 CHF.
Appreciate 0