Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-11-2024, 09:17 PM   #45
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCoyote View Post
Any particular reason you can’t just use thermal tape?
we do use thermal tape ? Were talking about Heat sinks with our Yellow DRl LED
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:38 PM   #46
GolfCoyote
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyM4 View Post
we do use thermal tape ? Were talking about Heat sinks with our Yellow DRl LED
These things get that hot that they need heat sinks? Genuinely curious because ram modules on a graphics card for example get pretty hot, but they basically just use thermal tape and a little airflow. Some will use heat sinks just Incase but there’s also a lot more power going through those, or so I would assume.
      01-11-2024, 09:54 PM   #47
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
These things get that hot that they need heat sinks? Genuinely curious because ram modules on a graphics card for example get pretty hot, but they basically just use thermal tape and a little airflow. Some will use heat sinks just Incase but there’s also a lot more power going through those, or so I would assume.
I think you got the reply to the threads wrong - So what we were talking about is getting separate DRL LED Heat sink Modules for the Yellow CSL DRl LED's So we don't have to use our OEM DRL LED Heat sink Modules - So swapping out the OEM with the Replacement Heat Sink Modules already with the Yellow CSl DRL LED
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:57 PM   #48
GolfCoyote
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I think you got the reply to the threads wrong - So what we were talking about is getting separate DRL LED Heat sink Modules for the Yellow CSL DRl LED's So we don't have to use our OEM DRL LED Heat sink Modules - So swapping out the OEM with the Replacement Heat Sink Modules already with the Yellow CSl DRL LED
Gotcha, I’m tracking now. I don’t know why I was under the impression people were trying to upgrade their heat sinks for some reason, as if the factory one wasn’t good enough. Disregard.
thatguyM4188.50
      01-11-2024, 10:42 PM   #49
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Gotcha, I’m tracking now. I don’t know why I was under the impression people were trying to upgrade their heat sinks for some reason, as if the factory one wasn’t good enough. Disregard.
I want to buy them with heat sinks so I don’t have to peel off OEM boards. I will just take the assembly off and put in the box and install new one. It’s easier and u have ur OEM assembly ready to go if u need to swap back.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 11:19 PM   #50
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 /// M50i /// 964 C2

Literally all of these LED's are the same. IND has the same boards as ICEDRIVER. Jerry aka "run-on sentence" over here trying to act like he's doing R&D work but working out of his garage and can't spell.

Trust me, get the AliExpress jawns and call it a day.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 11:33 PM   #51
kwilliams312
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtronics View Post
Literally all of these LED's are the same. IND has the same boards as ICEDRIVER. Jerry aka "run-on sentence" over here trying to act like he's doing R&D work but working out of his garage and can't spell.

I purchased the AliExpress ICE Drivers and had a ton of issues. I reached out to Jerry since he's local and brought my car over to him. He helped sort out my lights and I had a chance to see the difference between the quality of parts.

Jerry sells arguably higher quality, plus you have a US supplier who stands behind his products. He's a stand-up guy.
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4188.50
      02-16-2024, 11:47 PM   #52
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams312 View Post
I purchased the AliExpress ICE Drivers and had a ton of issues. I reached out to Jerry since he's local and brought my car over to him. He helped sort out my lights and I had a chance to see the difference between the quality of parts.

Jerry sells arguably higher quality, plus you have a US supplier who stands behind his products. He's a stand-up guy.
Sad. This is Jerry^. This poster claims to be a "local" but hasn't posted since Sept but yet pounces on my post. All of his previous posts are about speakers yet he somehow found his way to a G80 lighting mod thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 11:51 PM   #53
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep

This is a call out.

What bothers me is trying to pass off products that you white label to a community of car enthusiasts that I'm a part of.

Jerry, please show me any example of how you "R&D" anything. I'd love to see it and if you can, I'll admit that I'm wrong and donate $500 to your favorite charity.
Appreciate 1
yeetyeet391.50
      02-17-2024, 03:39 AM   #54
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep

Dirtbag. Shame on you. You suck and your underglow M4 sucks too. Thief
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 05:09 AM   #55
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You talk about me as though you know all about me but you don't! Love your comment though and I try relly hrd to spell correctly ..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 05:14 AM   #56
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This is a call out.

What bothers me is trying to pass off products that you white label to a community of car enthusiasts that I'm a part of.

Jerry, please show me any example of how you "R&D" anything. I'd love to see it and if you can, I'll admit that I'm wrong and donate $500 to your favorite charity.
I 've been doing this for years and saying I pass off products well that kinda hurt my feelings . This post is plain stupid dont know why you feel the need to bash me here when you dont even know me or what I do I 'll just leave it at that .....
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 05:15 AM   #57
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I like though how you said Dirtbag ......
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 05:47 AM   #58
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sad. This is Jerry^. This poster claims to be a "local" but hasn't posted since Sept but yet pounces on my post. All of his previous posts are about speakers yet he somehow found his way to a G80 lighting mod thread.
Here we go again we got that 1 guy again ... R & D do you know what that really means ?? You said I pounce on your post Are you that sensitive to criticisms ?
My Products I sell online I buy directly from a trusted manufacturers which I have a super great relationship with and never had an issue with its the Trust we built over the years and feedback , input, changes, and being in the US to test these products with my 2021 M4 Competition fully paid for ! Wait did I tell you my house is fully paid for also ?
I'm not wasting my energy on proving anything those who know me know my extensive background in what I do for a living and VERY Fortunate to have the knowledge I learned over the years - We all got choices you can buy from who ever you want to but when something goes wrong who's gonna help you the guy in China ?
I've helped a lot of guys and gal's here and back the product we sell
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 06:01 AM   #59
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

How do you know they are all the same ? Did you do your research ?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 07:23 AM   #60
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Here we go again we got that 1 guy again ... R & D do you know what that really means ?? You said I pounce on your post Are you that sensitive to criticisms ?
My Products I sell online I buy directly from a trusted manufacturers which I have a super great relationship with and never had an issue with its the Trust we built over the years and feedback , input, changes, and being in the US to test these products with my 2021 M4 Competition fully paid for ! Wait did I tell you my house is fully paid for also ?
I'm not wasting my energy on proving anything those who know me know my extensive background in what I do for a living and VERY Fortunate to have the knowledge I learned over the years - We all got choices you can buy from who ever you want to but when something goes wrong who's gonna help you the guy in China ?
I've helped a lot of guys and gal's here and back the product we sell
Top of the morning! I legit don't know where to start with you but congrats on the paid off car and house, that's great! I'm certain the house is an absolute hellhole. You've made some very valid points, Mr. Smooth Brain.

Regarding my "pounce" comment, that wasn't directed at you but clearly you've taken offense to it. How many Bimmerpost burner accounts do you have? Weren't you banned already?

Yes, I know what research and development is. I work in software sales with a heavy focus on supply chain. What manufacture's are you working with? Do you get to the far east often? You strike me as a TV Dinner (salisbury steak) guy, how do you get on with the Lyrou Huoshao when visiting? I'm also curious to learn which vendors you have "super great" relationships with?

Cut the BS, dirtbag. Quit f'ing over forum members with your crap. You're reselling cheap LED boards from China and people like you are culture vultures. Forums like this are for learning, making friends, being excited, and having fun... not for gorillas like you.

And Mr. Smooth Brain Homeowner, if you're such a baller... pay to be a vendor on here and support the BMW culture. Good day
Appreciate 2
forcefed2562.50
yeetyeet391.50
      02-17-2024, 07:45 AM   #61
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

What's under that sticker? Is it TXTZ? Think i found the leds on ali https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005799123910.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing02hwr View Post
Appreciate 2
dtronics412.00
yeetyeet391.50
      02-17-2024, 08:21 AM   #62
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep

^That rules. Go Leafs Go!
Appreciate 2
forcefed2562.50
yeetyeet391.50
      02-17-2024, 10:23 AM   #63
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
What's under that sticker? Is it TXTZ? Think i found the leds on ali https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005799123910.html

wrong Ali express store - Security decal is to identify my boards with the copy cat boards for warranty , but it seem like you guys know .
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 10:29 AM   #64
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Top of the morning! I legit don't know where to start with you but congrats on the paid off car and house, that's great! I'm certain the house is an absolute hellhole. You've made some very valid points, Mr. Smooth Brain.

Regarding my "pounce" comment, that wasn't directed at you but clearly you've taken offense to it. How many Bimmerpost burner accounts do you have? Weren't you banned already?

Yes, I know what research and development is. I work in software sales with a heavy focus on supply chain. What manufacture's are you working with? Do you get to the far east often? You strike me as a TV Dinner (salisbury steak) guy, how do you get on with the Lyrou Huoshao when visiting? I'm also curious to learn which vendors you have "super great" relationships with?

Cut the BS, dirtbag. Quit f'ing over forum members with your crap. You're reselling cheap LED boards from China and people like you are culture vultures. Forums like this are for learning, making friends, being excited, and having fun... not for gorillas like you.

And Mr. Smooth Brain Homeowner, if you're such a baller... pay to be a vendor on here and support the BMW culture. Good day
Look at you just step back and look at yourself !!! Doesnt matter to me what you say or do I could care less , Salisbury steak LOL you simply have no ideal what I do .......
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 10:34 AM   #65
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
wrong Ali express store - Security decal is to identify my boards with the copy cat boards for warranty , but it seem like you guys know .
You're right its probably from alibaba, you get bigger discounts there on larger orders, aliexpress is mostly for single orders.
Appreciate 2
thatguyM4188.50
dtronics412.00
      02-17-2024, 10:49 AM   #66
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
You're right its probably from alibaba, you get bigger discounts there on larger orders, aliexpress is mostly for single orders.
we buy directly from the Manufacturer - There is so much copycat boards out there its not even funny anymore you remember when I first came out with Blue LED's then baaaaam every chinese company is making them .... We'll thats china has the biggest counterfeit issue they can copy anything and say its your brand not knowing its not ... Again not to many people know, That's why every product we buy has a security tape
Appreciate 0