Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

08-29-2023, 09:37 PM   #1
shwayne5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 RWD

aftermarket sway bar

Last time I checked a couple of months ago there were no aftermarket sway bars available for g80 RWD. I know with xdrive it’s a harder puzzle to solve with clearance issues, but I’m crossing my fingers that someone is developing something. My purpose for wanting them is for a track build. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS Frozen White

maybe a CSL or CS sway bar? i thought i read somewhere that they are larger diameter pieces. do you have other suspension work done?
2017 F87 M2 BSM DCT, Executive, IND Cosmetic package (painted front reflectors, black grills, black badge, accexxon rear reflectors), IND floor mats, Mode Carbon Rear Spoiler, Dinan Resonator Delete, CTS Intake, Eibach Pro kit
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 08:43 AM   #3
shwayne5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRay81 View Post
maybe a CSL or CS sway bar? i thought i read somewhere that they are larger diameter pieces. do you have other suspension work done?
I do. I’m doing MCS 3-way, full spl, and the list goes on. But sway bars just don’t seem to be available. The CSL and or CS recomendation is a solid one. I think someone said they were same diamater as stock g80, but now I can’t recall. And they were having issues with installing but that had something to do with xdrive, which mine is not. Appreciate the info either way though.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 11:18 AM   #4
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I thought h&r makes a set for rwd. Not sure about xdrive though. Also ARC Japan makes a set for both platforms.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 11:30 AM   #5
shwayne5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
I thought h&r makes a set for rwd. Not sure about xdrive though. Also ARC Japan makes a set for both platforms.
Thank you. I just checked h&r and they’re limited to lowering and sport springs and wheel spacers. ARC Japan is less clear because like you, I recall they were offering something and someone posting but no one had any experience with running them. But now their website doesn’t show anything for the g80 as it relates to sway bars.
Appreciate 0