BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-01-2024, 03:51 PM   #23
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Figured I'd post this now as I completely forgot about it when I replied above(chemo-brain fog is real)

Anyways,I was born,raised&spent 30yrs in Upper Nyack,NY which is located on the Hudson River and a 30min drive South to NYC. In high school I dated a girl who lived next door to 1 Leveta Place. Always heard rumors/tales the house was haunted. The girl I was dating at the time would babysit the kids from 1 Leveta Place back in '85-'87.

I was in that house with her while she was babysitting,she snuck me in when the kids went to bed. Well,all sorts of weird unexplained shit started occurring while I was there,my GF said jokingly "they don't want you here,they know you're not supposed to be here w me" and I said "uh,who doesn't want me here?" She laughed (now half jokingly) and said "you'll see".

Well,it didn't take long for me to realize who the "they" she was referring to were. I was there about an hour and finally said Im outta here after getting locked in the bathroom when my girl was 100% upstairs checking on the kids and I was all by myself. Took her a few mins to get the door open no less. We then went outside to have a cigarette on the porch,front door mysteriously locked by itself and we couldnt get back in. Gained entry after 15mins of being outside in the cold ass NY winter. Walked in the kitchen to get a drink,turned the light on,it it turned off a few seconds later. She turned it back on,it turned back off by itself. Heard footsteps upstairs above the kitchen,and it was not the kids. She asked me to hang out a bit more,I reluctantly said ok

I didn't stay much longer,a few mins later I said sorry hun I gotta GTFO,left,and never stepped foot inside that house again.

You can google 1 Leveta Place Upper Nyack and have at it if you'd like to have a read

https://nypost.com/2019/09/19/legall...or-sale-again/
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG

Last edited by Oldgixxer; 04-01-2024 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 4
kscarrol8909.00
Buug95917408.00
      04-01-2024, 10:42 PM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini562 View Post
Okay, so I've got this freaky tale from when I was in high school. Picture this: middle of the night, I wake up, and I'm totally stuck, can't move anything but my eyes. And it seriously feels like there's someone in the room watching me. I tried to curse at whatever it was, hoping it would scram, but then—get this—I felt this icy cold air just hit me in the face. it felt like someone was literally blowing air right onto my face. No AC, nothing. It was summer. Finally got moving again and kept all the lights on, just waiting for dawn. Next day, I told my buddies, and one suggested it might've been sleep paralysis like your body's asleep but your brain's not, and you hallucinate freaky stuff. But that doesn't explain the cold air, right??
(Before I forget, RIP to everyone's loved ones mentioned ITT.)

Tx for this very interesting thread...and timely too because I just experienced something very similar last mth. I never had any sleep prbs/issues but just this past Mar, I've had THREE (3) such experiences.

Your friend is correct if we wish to go down the scientific route. Supposedly, when we are in REM sleep, our body shuts down but if we experience this sleep paralysis, it's because our brain 'wakes up' too early and faster than the body can so that's why we can usually only move our eyes.

On my third event, I think that I was able to move my finger and forearm a bit, so I was trying to tap my wife's pillow to get her attn but she slept like a log. Tx a lot, wifey LMAO. Luckily, all 3 times lasted only for ~5 seconds and I was more intrigued and just trying to find a solution instead of freaking out/fearful of some evil spirit, etc. It felt like a big forcefield on me and I couldn't move anything at all, not even a mm, save for my arm on my 3rd. Also, on my 3rd, it felt like someone was operating one of those handheld vibrating massagers and running it ontop of my body.

I wish that I could interpret it in the paranormal sense but alas. I guess that I wasn't my usual happy-go-lucky self during that period, but I didn't have any crazy trauma happen to me, so it is kinda perplexing why I suddenly had this concentrated onset when I never had any sleep issues in my whole life.

Besides that, I mentioned before one time I was trying to close a kinda switchknife the *wrong* way, about to press my thumb into the blade when I distinctly heard a thought in my brain of someone saying STOP!!!! It really spared me from some crazy pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Ok,I'll bite..
When I was 12 my grandfather had a heart attack at home and passed away. My grandmother was clearly distraught as expected;the following night when she went to bed she woke up shortly after to my grandfather sitting on the bed telling her everything will be ok. She freaked out and ran out of the bedroom crying and ran downstairs. I was at their house w my mom & I was asleep in a bedroom next to hers. I immediately woke up like wtf is going on? She tells my mom what just occurred in graphic detail as I was quietly listening from the other room. That was '83,she never slept in their bedroom again,or would even go in that room unless someone was there w her.

This is where it gets creepy. Two days later I'm sleeping in my own bed and wake up in the middle of the night to a tapping on my window(getting chills as I type this)..our dog starts barking,there's nothing outside the window. Mom gets up to check on me( I didn't mention the tapping),then goes back to bed. I'm just about to fall asleep again and I hear louder tapping on the window...TAP TAP TAP.
Now I'm freaking out as I know what I just heard and the dog is at full alert. 30mins later our phone rings(2am)its my grandma freaking out to my mom saying she just got a call from my uncle in Canada who was also freaking out, My gramps and he were super close. He awoke to a tapping on his bedroom window that continued for a few seconds. He got up and looked out the window and nothing was there. Goes back to bed and wakes up to a louder TAP TAP TAP on the glass. Now he's scared and says "who's there??!" TAP TAP TAP. Nothing there. Tapping starts again and he says out loud "who is it" TAP TAP TAP. He says my gramps name out loud,"Bill?"
The tapping stopped immediately after he said his name and never occurred again for either him or I.

Anyways,my mom told me the next day in depth what the phone convo was about w my grandma at 2am...about what my uncle in Canada experienced and she told me not to be scared that sometimes strange,unexplained things occur after a loved one passes and that it might be grandpa saying goodbye to loved ones that were close.

So,basically just some unexplained tapping on a glass window after gramps passed. Take it FWIW,I know 100% what I heard that night so if y'all don't believe me I'm fine w that.
What an amazing story. So, I guess that you were pretty close to your grandpa in addition to your uncle being close to him?

I'm always curious about how ppl react to their dead relatives. I would want to talk w them instead of running away (unless they came to me all dripping in blood or something lol), but I guess every has their tolerances. How would you all react in similar situation?

Judging by yours and other ppl's accounts here, it really is true that little kids and animals are more in-tune w the paranormal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
First I want to say that I'm not a believer in ghosts, or a soul, or god or anything like that. However, I do believe that there are things that we, as humans, maybe be able to detect but don't quite understand how yet.

A few years ago my mother passed away. We had emptied her house other than the heavy furniture and I had gone over just to check everything one last time and silently say my last goodbyes. I went into the room where she passed, the bed was still there along with the covers and pillow. I was very aware of the quiet in the house. She lived by a busy street so there were almost constant sounds outside, but they were all muffled. It made the quiet in the house seem even more quiet, so perception was pretty high. I have always enjoyed this kind of quiet stillness.

Anyway, I was in the process of kneeling down at the foot of her bed (not even sure exactly why, as I certainly wasn't going to pray), and as I got closer to the bed I got the unmistakable smell of perfume for just a second on the way down, but once I was all the way down there was no smell at all. I guess I had intended to just lay my head on the bed for a few minutes and remember her, but now my thoughts would not leave the perfume.

I instantly reasoned that the smell had to have come from the bedding or the pillow, as it makes perfect sense, but a quick smell of the area, and indeed moving up and down several times as I had just done, trying to recreate the exact circumstances produced no smell at all. I looked around the room, there was nothing, just a chest of drawers, a nightstand, and the bed. No movement, no A/C or heat on, just quiet stillness.

I immediately felt my face flush and felt a bit of fight or flight, so I left. I know her favorite perfume very well, White Shoulders, she had worn it for years, yet I'm not sure that's what it was, it happened so fast. All I know is that it was without a doubt perfume, and there was none around anywhere.

I know that the part of the brain that controls memory and the part of the brain that controls smell are very near to each other, so we can sometimes literally create smells from memory for just an instant when diving deep into a memory, but I wasn't thinking of anything at the time, I was just trying to spend a few more moments there before the house was empty and sold.

I did return a few weeks later, the room was empty, and there was an altogether different feel to the place. It's as if I had felt something more last time, like something else was there, and this last time it clearly was not.

It was probably all in my mind, but it was an experience for sure.
Did you ever try smelling White Shoulders to confirm if it was that perfume? Maybe it could provide you w more insight about that day.

I dread the day when I will need to clear out my parent's house. Time goes by too quickly.

I used to be a 100% scientific, atheist, pure-logic kinda guy, but some things which happened really made me re-evaluate my beliefs. I try to keep an open mind and explore all the possibilities.

Take care, my Caucasian brother from another mother.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 3
Oldgixxer1912.50
Buug95917408.00
      04-01-2024, 10:59 PM   #25
DocOfTheDead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 6MT

Garage List
Three things happened to my family, all in one house, and nothing ever happened after we moved. Still can’t explain them. The weirdest was my parents finding me at four years old in the middle of the night standing in front of the closet in my bedroom yelling at someone. I still remember it clear as day: little old white lady with tight gray curls, glasses, and a pink sweater. I described her to my parents, and it turns out I was describing to a T their old lady neighbor from across the street. Thing is, she died when I was like two weeks old. My parents still won’t talk about it.
Appreciate 4
Oldgixxer1912.50
Buug95917408.00
      04-02-2024, 12:59 PM   #26
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
A funny bonus story from ye olde haunted haus. Our AC went out and our landlord reluctantly paid for the replacement. I tried to get out of work at lunch so I could be sure the guy could get in the house to operate the breakers and my boss wouldn't let me go until almost 2pm. I rushed home expecting an "F-U" note from the AC guy but he was loading tools in his truck. "Hey thanks for leaving that back door open for me, I shut it when I was done but you'll need to re-lock it" he says. I just said, "No problem" and thanked him for doing the work.

I went and sat in the room, thanked the ghosts for their help and explained to them that if they kept unlocking and opening the door then people could break into OUR house and damage it. They stopped doing it after that talk.

I say they because we theorized it was two children due to the way they attached to my step-son and how most of their antics were little tricks and harmless play, other than beating up my room-mate, but he deserved it. They were also capable of messing around in the kitchen and running around upstairs at the same time so that's why we figured it was plural.
Appreciate 3
Buug95917408.00
      04-04-2024, 09:57 AM   #27
RogerSully
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1

Shortly after my Father-in-law passed away my wife and I had some strange happenings in the house. We'd be downstairs watching TV and hear someone walking across the room upstairs..The distinct sound of work boots on a wood floor. My wife would occasionally see a "black swirl" in the doorway when she was in bed.

The biggest eye opener for me was one night I was laying in bed facing "in" and felt the distinct feeling of someone sitting on the edge of the bed behind me. felt the mattress sag and the whole bit. I kinda yelled "get off my bed!" and of course when i rolled over there was no one there.
We actually had a paranormal investigation group come in and found some interesting stuff!
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2024, 10:32 AM   #28
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSully View Post
The biggest eye opener for me was one night I was laying in bed facing "in" and felt the distinct feeling of someone sitting on the edge of the bed behind me. felt the mattress sag and the whole bit. I kinda yelled "get off my bed!" and of course when i rolled over there was no one there.
We actually had a paranormal investigation group come in and found some interesting stuff!
I've had this happen to me. For me it was just a dream. Made me jump up and turn on the lights.
      04-04-2024, 03:48 PM   #29
Fahren German
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i RWD 6MT

I have experienced many similar things. I’ve heard a baby screaming in our house where there was absolutely no baby. I’ve been woken up via a sudden gust of cold air, only to find all windows closed, all fans off, and even a slightly warm room. I once opened my eyes to find a stranger sitting across the room staring at me while I was sleeping, a stranger who then vanished.

There was even a time where I was woken by someone tapping at my window. Went on for 10 minutes or so. Scared the everlivingbeejeebus out of me. (I’m not poking fun at an earlier poster, this actually happened to me as well)

I once woke up with my right hand splattered in my own blood, and I had no idea how it happened. Another time, I saw a photo of a woman whom I’d never met, yet I was absolutely certain that I knew her. I remember arguing with my mom for days about that, and I kept looking through old photo albums to see if I could find an explanation.

I remember a particular drive home - a trip of about 30 minutes. The route took me on a highway and through city streets, occurred at night, where I stopped at lights and navigated traffic as one does. Did I mention that I remember getting in the car, I remember nearing my home, but the 30 minutes in-between are absolutely blank. Nothing. (I was completely sober, in good health, sleeping well, etc).

My mother once told me about an out of body experience she had during a surgery, where she was able to describe in detail things that she should not have been able to know (later verified by the nurses who were in the room during the procedure). Another time my mother was very angry with me for sneaking around the house at 2am… when I was absolutely, positively, 1000% in bed awake & reading at the time.

What do each of these things have in common? (No, I didn’t make them up - they actually happened)

Also: I do have a birthmark, and I have been invited to ‘gifted’ classes. Please don’t sign me up for Scientology!

Last edited by Fahren German; 04-04-2024 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 2