home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-24-2024, 11:59 PM   #1
savery
Registered
Rep
Drives: f80

Bought a bmw M6 f06 and have blue smoke after 500miles

So I bought this bmw M6 2016 with 95k miles on it. It's a car I always wanted and I know it has 95k but never though I'd have a problem at less than 1k miles.

I pretty much got the car and made maintenance to it. Replaced the BMS high flow air filters for new ones ( someone bent the old ones it had), tires TPMS weren't working and bought them, cabin air filter had a vanilla smell that I hated and I replaced it for a new one, put mufflers back on, previous owner took them out and he gave them to me.

So I haven't used the car much, I bought it 3 weeks ago and now that I got it it worked for about 3 days and the it started to throw some blue smoke when cold start, service was scheduled for today and we placed liqui moly molygen 5w-40 ( I live on a really hot place 110+°F) and a new MHALE oil filter, oil plug screw and washer. So when I got it down I started to have constant blue smoke coming out of the car.

When cold started after the oil change revs where going up and down, blue constant smoke and burnt oil smell, I had a 535i and had almost same issues with the PVC valve, so I checked and when I took out the oil cap it was making suction and had smoke on it when I turned it off.

Can someone confirm if it's a valve cover gasket or something around that piece making a vacuum? And how much will this cost me if someone has any idea?
Appreciate 0