05-14-2023, 05:10 AM   #1
Shaom3in
Professional Sleeper
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [10.00]
FiExhaust Catback w/ Dual sound Valvetronic Remote: Review

Hey Everyone! I appreciate you guys coming to my post and although I'm not very active on here I wanted to post my personal review on my FiExhaust! I know there isn't that many Guys rocking this exhaust in my area, so this is why I decided to outside of the norm!

Before I get started I wanted to give a HUGE shoutout to FiExhaust themselves for sponsoring me with this amazing setup and AA Concepts for rocking with me since the moment I received my G80 M3 Comp X-drive!

Where do I even start?... The reason why I went with the FiExhaust system was simply because of a video online that I watched and heard the absolute beast of a growl that this exhaust expels at low and high rpm's. Please let it be known that in this post, I am not disrespecting ANY other company and their exhaust system for the G8X platform. Moving forward... as I was attending multiple car meets, BMW meets like UrbxnCanvxs and just any other G80 I saw, I noticed they were basically all using the same exhaust. At this point I looked online to see it for myself and the first system I came across being the FiExhaust I immediately fell in love and knew what I wanted.

At this point I reached out FiExhaust and got in touch with my guy Frenks and we made it happen. I had the exhaust on my doorstep in exactly 13 days as it was coming from overseas. Nest thing I know, i was at AA Concepts with Anthony and Abe and we knew the moment we opened the box, this was a different type of beast we have never encountered. Did I mention that the serial number I received was #4?

When we opened the packaging and I was blinded by the the polished piping. It was like an aura of light was shining down from the gods at this very moment lol!

Please see the video link at the top for the whole installation from beginning to end!

During the installation, everything was pretty much self explanatory besides the wiring for the valves that connect to FiExhaust's module that goes underneath your dash, that connects to the remote that it comes with. Let me just say the box that the remote came with was like I was someone of royalty and I ordered a box of fresh Cuban cigars. I was absolute mind blown by the attention to detail that this company has put into their packaging. please keep in mind that this system can utilize the stock valve buttons on the vehicle as well as the remote it comes with. Who knew when ordering car parts, it would have the affect of making me feel special. In a way it made me forget about the price tag and I was solely focused on the product itself. Big shout to the company for going overboard in their packaging!

As the installation was completed and as the car came down from the lift, you already know what comes next....cold start! I will say that i was very surprised on how quiet the exhaust was with the valves closed. Next...yes, we opened the valves up completely!! It was like a lion with the deepest growl started to charge me. I was told by Frenks that the stock exhaust system's valves only opens up to about 30% or so, so you don't really get the full sound and now with their system being 100% open it was honestly night and day!

There was only 1 thing negative I have to say about this exhaust and this is proof to show you that this is a 100% legit review from me. The remote that was oh so packed perfectly to perfection turned out to be a little buggy. Maybe it was the battery, maybe it was the module that the remote connects to. About a week after the initial installation, I attempted to use the remote and noticed that nothing was happening. Let's be real, I drive with the valves open fully ALL the time. Who even drives with the valves closed anyways? So yes, i wanted to just test the remote again and nothing happened. I then reached out to Frenks and he had me reset the module underneath my dash and boom it worked again. Unfortunately, I believe the system goes into sleep mode when you don't use it after a period of time and it requires a reset to wake it up. Again, why would it matter when I never utilize comfort mode with the valves closed lol.

Quality of the product would be a 9.5/10
Presentation would be 10/10
Customer service would be a 10/10
Overall I'd give the company/product a 9.8/10

I hope you guys enjoyed this little review/write-up on my personal experience when dealing with FiExhaust and if anyone is interested or have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me on here or my IG - Shaom3in.

Lastly, if anyone is interested in purchasing this product, 100% go to their website https://www.fi-exhaust.com/home.jsp?lang=en and if you can, Demand to speak to Frenks and tell him I sent you! I don't get anything for any of this, I'm just here to spread the awareness of this system. I hope you all have an amazing day and once again, I appreciate you reading this novel. Much love!... LAKERS ALL DAY!

UPDATE - 2024 - Hey Guys, I just wanted to update this post with some clips showcasing the exhaust with the CATTED downpipes on as a few users on here have asked how it sounds at idle, fully open, etc. I hope that this answers some of your questions and if you have any specific questions, I'd love to help out any way I can. Also hope you guys like the new look! and shoutout to Frenks over at Fi-Exhaust!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by Shaom3in; 04-18-2024 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 2
kooft168.50
      06-29-2023, 03:49 AM   #2
willeea45ftw
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80

Awesome Review!

thanks for the review! Not enough people speak of FI!

I've also been a huge fan of their exhaust - not from personal experience but from seeing some highly reputable companies and car enthusiasts using the products on their own cars.

Excuse my silly question, this set up has 2 resonators (1 for each pipe) and removes the secondary cats, is that correct?
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2023, 02:51 AM   #3
Shaom3in
Professional Sleeper
Rep

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willeea45ftw View Post
thanks for the review! Not enough people speak of FI!

I've also been a huge fan of their exhaust - not from personal experience but from seeing some highly reputable companies and car enthusiasts using the products on their own cars.

Excuse my silly question, this set up has 2 resonators (1 for each pipe) and removes the secondary cats, is that correct?
Hey! My apologies on the delay with the response but yes that is correct!

I appreciate the kind words and yeah I definitely wanted to go with something different you know?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 08:53 AM   #4
OEM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

Love the review. I have Fi Exhaust as well and I love it. I am looking at getting the remote module as well. I'd be interested in see the sound difference
      04-09-2024, 03:49 AM   #5
Shaom3in
Professional Sleeper
Rep

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [10.00]
hope you guys like the update!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 08:54 AM   #6
snyder268
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaom3in View Post
https://youtu.be/PklLnOZmRR4

Hey Everyone! I appreciate you guys coming to my post and although I'm not very active on here I wanted to post my personal review on my FiExhaust! I know there isn't that many Guys rocking this exhaust in my area, so this is why I decided to outside of the norm!

Before I get started I wanted to give a HUGE shoutout to FiExhaust themselves for sponsoring me with this amazing setup and AA Concepts for rocking with me since the moment I received my G80 M3 Comp X-drive!

Where do I even start?... The reason why I went with the FiExhaust system was simply because of a video online that I watched and heard the absolute beast of a growl that this exhaust expels at low and high rpm's. Please let it be known that in this post, I am not disrespecting ANY other company and their exhaust system for the G8X platform. Moving forward... as I was attending multiple car meets, BMW meets like UrbxnCanvxs and just any other G80 I saw, I noticed they were basically all using the same exhaust. At this point I looked online to see it for myself and the first system I came across being the FiExhaust I immediately fell in love and knew what I wanted.

At this point I reached out FiExhaust and got in touch with my guy Frenks and we made it happen. I had the exhaust on my doorstep in exactly 13 days as it was coming from overseas. Nest thing I know, i was at AA Concepts with Anthony and Abe and we knew the moment we opened the box, this was a different type of beast we have never encountered. Did I mention that the serial number I received [...]
Great review of the system and appreciate the sound clips! What does a full system cost? Their site doesn’t give full system cost without reaching out. Thanks for the help in narrowing down my exhaust options!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 08:20 PM   #7
Shaom3in
Professional Sleeper
Rep

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder268 View Post
Great review of the system and appreciate the sound clips! What does a full system cost? Their site doesn’t give full system cost without reaching out. Thanks for the help in narrowing down my exhaust options!
I'd say it ranges from 5k -10k depending on the variations you pick you know? I love the way titanium looks, especially burnt but damn that price tag hurts lol.
Appreciate 1
snyder268149.50
      04-18-2024, 02:20 AM   #8
Shaom3in
Professional Sleeper
Rep

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [10.00]
Updated my post with a video I had done to show a better comparison for you all, open and closed valvesssssss.
Appreciate 0