i_love_cars
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6mt

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
G80 IoMG on Apex VS-5RS 20" brushed alum

Greetings - I recently got a set of these Apex VS-5RS wheels in 20" all around for my summer setup. I struggled to find any photos of the exact setups I wanted. Thus, I wanted to provide some before/after photos of these wheels on stock suspension, and then also on kW H.A.S., in the hopes that others who may be interested in this setup will find this thread informative.

IMO the offsets on these wheels, tailored to the G8x platform, are amazing. No spacers required. If you want to run aggressive front camber, you could put spacers on but for me, the car is a daily and I am looking for the OEM+ result. I am very much the type of enthusiast who likes my cars to have just a modest drop where you can tell it's lower and fill the fenders a bit with either spacers or good offsets so the wheels are relatively flush with the fender. For me, this wheel delivers on everything promised. I am beyond happy with it.

My lowered car is only a reference point - the car could go lower in front and still avoid rubbing without camber plates.

Specs are as follows:
G80 *MANUAL RWD* - Important because these wheels with a 305 tire will not fit the AWD models. The wheels themselves fit fine, but the tire is too wide and must be narrower at 295 if you are AWD

Front: 20x10" ET8 // Rear: 20x11” ET18
Tires: PS4S front 285/30/20 and rear at 305/30/20

Does it rub? Only when turning the wheel in reverse. This issue is easily resolved by shaving fins #4 and #5 in the fender liner using an exacto knife. I have no rubbing in stock form or being lowered now that I shaved the fender liner fins.

Before lowering, and still on stock suspension:

After lowering on kW H.A.S., stock alignment settings:

Last edited by i_love_cars; 02-29-2024 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 5