home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

02-22-2024, 10:55 AM   #45
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Love his videos and the way he explains things with some comedy. His dad is ace LOL and a props nutty.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 11:14 AM   #46
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by onodelta View Post
yet another guy who has never rebuilt a car in his life giving his .02 on what can or can’t be done with 0 experience on what he’s commenting
Try again bobo

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 11:23 AM   #47
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

I don’t understand why people get so up in arms about this. If it’s not interesting to you why comment and bash the guy. Would take far less time to just ignore it and move on. For some it’s fun content to watch. While I’m sure 100% of the work he’s done the industry wouldn’t agree to as a whole but it’s a live and learn process. No one is asking you to pay top dollar for the car after and drive a R titled vehicle.
      02-22-2024, 04:20 PM   #48
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieV View Post
I don’t understand why people get so up in arms about this. If it’s not interesting to you why comment and bash the guy. Would take far less time to just ignore it and move on. For some it’s fun content to watch. While I’m sure 100% of the work he’s done the industry wouldn’t agree to as a whole but it’s a live and learn process. No one is asking you to pay top dollar for the car after and drive a R titled vehicle.
The fact that people do ventilate their thoughts also when they are not enthousiastic about something defines the richness of a forum. When you only allow positive comments, the forum will die over term.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 06:17 PM   #49
aug0211
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

I personally always enjoy when he takes his projects back to the certified mechanics in the dealerships for them to rate his vehicles. I can’t remember all the brands I’ve seen him do this with (I’ve watch a LOT of his videos with my son).

I think maybe BMW and Porsche at least. If I recall right he was scoring something like 8s out of 10.

Cool to see vehicles go through the transformations he does. My favorites are the full engine rebuilds, like his Murci project.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 07:37 AM   #50
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

I don't mind him or his content. Its way better than that asshat Tavarish who literally can't ever follow through or finish a project and does it like a hack. You end up 9 episodes in only to find out he actually isn't going to fix the car, and is going wrap it with some gaudy shit design like a 19 year old kid and his Honda Prelude. I got so irritated with his first mclaren build because of all the cut corners and shitty finished product. for some reason I tuned in to see the P1 build and was excited for it; only to see that he wasn't in fact going to rebuild said P1 but instead he was going to make some other bullshit. trash. Unsubscribe
      02-23-2024, 08:12 AM   #51
WhoShavedMyBimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: RAV4

Pure comedy what a bro! Another man’s junk is another man’s M3 project from hell haha. Good luck! Look forward to the results
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 12:44 PM   #52
/ / / M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieV View Post
People will complain about literally everything on the Internet. The guy has a fun hobby repairing cars with his dad. Probably makes some money on it too. It's not like he's selling drugs or pimping hoes.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:14 PM   #53
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by / / / M3 View Post
People will complain about literally everything on the Internet. The guy has a fun hobby repairing cars with his dad. Probably makes some money on it too. It's not like he's selling drugs or pimping hoes.
My main issue is that he's claiming that he can keep the title clean when this absolutely should not be a clean title. That's fraud in a lot of jurisdictions. I guess it works differently in the UK
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:38 PM   #54
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
My main issue is that he's claiming that he can keep the title clean when this absolutely should not be a clean title. That's fraud in a lot of jurisdictions. I guess it works differently in the UK
Expand on this? What’s the fraud and how do you define what a clean title is?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 02:34 PM   #55
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Expand on this? What’s the fraud and how do you define what a clean title is?
I mean, it may or may not fit the legal definition of what a clean vs rebuilt title might be in every jurisdiction, but many people, when they shop for used cars, don't really understand that clean title doesn't necessarily mean no accidents, it just means it hasn't sustained enough damage to require the title to not be listed as clean. This one, not only didn't have a chance to be evaluated if this should be listed as salvage/rebuilt, but it doesn't even have the accident reported because it was privately sold and not reported to insurance. He could just list it as "ah yeah no problem clean title" and people would be none the wiser that their potential purchase would have sustained multiple 10s of thousands of dollars/pounds in damage.

And again, I'm speaking only in terms of the US which is what I'm familiar with. IMO if he had reported this to insurance here, they'd most likely have written it off, which means it's above the 80% threshold that most states require to have the title listed as salvage/rebuilt. It's also kind of half on me not agreeing that a title can be clean even when in an accident that's anything more than "minor" which is what a lot of places allow.

He went through the owner privately and resold it with the intention of rebuilding it himself, which, again IMO, loophole bypasses any potential requirements for him to have to register it as a rebuilt title (potentially).

It may not be legal fraud but it's certainly morally fraudulent, IMO. Unless he doesn't plan on selling it, which I imagine he would eventually even if not now.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      02-23-2024, 02:43 PM   #56
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
I mean, it may or may not fit the legal definition of what a clean vs rebuilt title might be in every jurisdiction, but many people, when they shop for used cars, don't really understand that clean title doesn't necessarily mean no accidents, it just means it hasn't sustained enough damage to require the title to not be listed as clean. This one, not only didn't have a chance to be evaluated if this should be listed as salvage/rebuilt, but it doesn't even have the accident reported because it was privately sold and not reported to insurance. He could just list it as "ah yeah no problem clean title" and people would be none the wiser that their potential purchase would have sustained multiple 10s of thousands of dollars/pounds in damage.

And again, I'm speaking only in terms of the US which is what I'm familiar with. IMO if he had reported this to insurance here, they'd most likely have written it off, which means it's above the 80% threshold that most states require to have the title listed as salvage/rebuilt. It's also kind of half on me not agreeing that a title can be clean even when in an accident that's anything more than "minor" which is what a lot of places allow.

He went through the owner privately and resold it with the intention of rebuilding it himself, which, again IMO, loophole bypasses any potential requirements for him to have to register it as a rebuilt title (potentially).

It may not be legal fraud but it's certainly morally fraudulent, IMO. Unless he doesn't plan on selling it, which I imagine he would eventually even if not now.
You’re conflating a lot of things based on lack of information. You’re not familiar with how it works, and that’s fine. But you’re making a big jump to call someone a fraudster because of that lack of knowledge.

A clean title means the car does not have a “rebuilt or salvage” title.
This is important because many insurance companies do not insure salvage titled cars.

A car can be involved in no accidents, be 100% integral as factory because it was never involved in any collision of any sort, and be a salvage/rebuilt title car. And a car can have been involved in a big accident and have a clean title.

You’re conflating the car title with the representation this person will make when selling the car. I’d wager there’s a 0% chance of this person trying to pass this car as a “no accident” car later: he has videos of it.

What you’re also conflating, and this is internet 101 (along with judging others without knowing half the story), is a “CarFax history”. It’s easy to observe many here talking about a clean CarFax report as a “clean title”. These are not the same thing. Having no accidents reported on CarFax just means that: no accidents were reported to CarFax. The title is another thing completely separate of it.

In essence, and again not having watched the video, it’s perfectly possible for this car to not have been reported to insurance, and thus, to continue to have a clean title. It’s also possible that its CarFax (or the Brit equivalent if any) to not show any accidents.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 02:48 PM   #57
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You’re conflating a lot of things based on lack of information. You’re not familiar with how it works, and that’s fine. But you’re making a big jump to call someone a fraudster because of that lack of knowledge.

A clean title means the car does not have a “rebuilt or salvage” title.
This is important because many insurance companies do not insure salvage titled cars.

A car can be involved in no accidents, be 100% integral as factory because it was never involved in any collision of any sort, and be a salvage/rebuilt title car. And a car can have been involved in a big accident and have a clean title.

You’re conflating the car title with the representation this person will make when selling the car. I’d wager there’s a 0% chance of this person trying to pass this car as a “no accident” car later: he has videos of it.

What you’re also conflating, and this is internet 101 (along with judging others without knowing half the story), is a “CarFax history”. It’s easy to observe many here talking about a clean CarFax report as a “clean title”. These are not the same thing. Having no accidents reported on CarFax just means that: no accidents were reported to CarFax. The title is another thing completely separate of it.

In essence, and again not having watched the video, it’s perfectly possible for this car to not have been reported to insurance, and thus, to continue to have a clean title. It’s also possible that its CarFax (or the Brit equivalent if any) to not show any accidents.
I'm not saying he had to or did not have to report to insurance, obviously that's up to him or the previous owner to or not to report it.

I also made it quite clear that I'm aware that clean title only means "not rebuilt or salvage" so I'm not sure what you think I'm conflating. I do quite think I am familiar with "how it works," but I'll gloss over that in an attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Can you explain how a car can have been involved in no accidents or have any issues but not be clean? I'm aware of how a major accident car can still be clean because it doesn't fit the legal definition of requirements of a rebuilt/salvage title, but I'm struggling to understand the other way around.

And again, I made no matter-of-fact statement saying that he *will* misrepresent the vehicle when he eventually does sell it, I'm just making an observation that someone proudly exclaiming "we can still keep it a clean title" to imply that he does intend to misrepresent the vehicle when it is listed. If he won't do that, then good for him, but that's not what it seemed. You may have viewed it the other way, but you're a much more understanding/optimistic person than I am.

Also, I think you missed this part of my previous comment: "It's also kind of half on me not agreeing that a title can be clean even when in an accident that's anything more than "minor" which is what a lot of places allow." I'm not talking about this from a legal perspective, I understand that it's perfectly legally possible. I'm just saying I don't agree and the laws should be changed.

I'm not advocating for him to get into legal trouble, I'm just calling out some shitty behavior that I'm predicting him to have. If he doesn't do it, again, good for him, but I've been alive long enough in this world to know how awful people are.

Last edited by Berzerker; 02-23-2024 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00
      02-23-2024, 03:03 PM   #58
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
I'm not saying he had to or did not have to report to insurance, obviously that's up to him or the previous owner to or not to report it.

I also made it quite clear that I'm aware that clean title only means "not rebuilt or salvage" so I'm not sure what you think I'm conflating. I do quite think I am familiar with "how it works," but I'll gloss over that in an attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Can you explain how a car can have been involved in no accidents or have any issues but not be clean? I'm aware of how a major accident car can still be clean because it doesn't fit the legal definition of requirements of a rebuilt/salvage title, but I'm struggling to understand the other way around.

And again, I made no matter-of-fact statement saying that he *will* misrepresent the vehicle when he eventually does sell it, I'm just making an observation that someone proudly exclaiming "we can still keep it a clean title" to imply that he does intend to misrepresent the vehicle when it is listed. If he won't do that, then good for him, but that's not what it seemed. You may have viewed it the other way, but you're a much more understanding/optimistic person than I am.
I didn't watch it, so maybe he presented it in a light that's suspicious, that sounds like he will be trying to flip it and hide the damages. I am speaking in general terms.

My apologies if I misunderstood you, I took your comment about "a car having 10s of thousands of dollars in damage but people being none the wiser" as conflating title with CarFax (damage amount is a CarFax thing). A part of me gets frustrated when I see people advertising their cars as "Clean title" because it has a clean CarFax.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I'm giving this guy it too. Because of what I said: It's documented, and it might be easier to insure the car later. So the new buyer may be aware of the previous damages, but sees the car was repaired properly, and can insure the car normally later (buying it for a cheaper price because of the damages, probably). Win-win.
That's why it's always important to PPI cars before buying them.

A couple of examples I can think of for titles not be clean without accidents are water damage, theft (sometimes insurance companies just write the cars off), and cosmetic damage to the interior (car is stolen, thieves take a knife to leather seats and dash, write the car off, easy to replace and the car is just as safe as before, but now has a non-clean title).

Cheers
Appreciate 1
Berzerker2885.00
      02-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #59
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't watch it, so maybe he presented it in a light that's suspicious, that sounds like he will be trying to flip it and hide the damages. I am speaking in general terms.

My apologies if I misunderstood you, I took your comment about "a car having 10s of thousands of dollars in damage but people being none the wiser" as conflating title with CarFax (damage amount is a CarFax thing). A part of me gets frustrated when I see people advertising their cars as "Clean title" because it has a clean CarFax.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I'm giving this guy it too. Because of what I said: It's documented, and it might be easier to insure the car later. So the new buyer may be aware of the previous damages, but sees the car was repaired properly, and can insure the car normally later (buying it for a cheaper price because of the damages, probably). Win-win.
That's why it's always important to PPI cars before buying them.

A couple of examples I can think of for titles not be clean without accidents are water damage, theft (sometimes insurance companies just write the cars off), and cosmetic damage to the interior (car is stolen, thieves take a knife to leather seats and dash, write the car off, easy to replace and the car is just as safe as before, but now has a non-clean title).

Cheers
I could understand the fact that he's been documenting this entire process as a hint that he'd be reasonable about a sale disclosing all the necessary information about it. I'm not convinced until I see it actually happen, but I can understand that viewpoint. I also haven't watched this guy's videos regularly to know how he operates as a person.

Those examples were what I expected. I was under the impression you were saying a car could have no issues at all, i.e. not been repaired or put money into it for any fixes, and still not be clean, but you were just referring to a collision, so I misread.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00
      02-23-2024, 10:58 PM   #60
couchflyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4; X4 M40i

Garage List
I believe the owner of the M3 was a dealer. If they did not file a claim on the M3, it may not have triggered an accident on the cars history. I believe the person who caused the accident paid the dealer for the damages and Mat bought the M3 from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 05:47 AM   #61
rm56well
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 comp

He should do a east Midlands meet, once it's done to see the out come.
      02-24-2024, 11:52 AM   #62
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Brings me back to the oldddd days of revlimited group, “I’m trina kill da house.”

Only the og’s will remember this lol.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-tool?t=286107
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 12:39 PM   #63
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Probably my favourite YouTube channel. Very entertaining. Seems like a humble hard working guy with a positive attitude on life. His old man seems like a lovely bloke too!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 09:19 AM   #64
PaPaDrew G30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdydaoudy View Post
Love watching his videos. Something about his explanations and style of videos is very appealing.
100%. His videos are about the only ones that I watch beginning to end without skipping. His engagement and time watched metrics have to be one of the highest on YT.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 12:24 PM   #65
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdangelo View Post
I don't mind him or his content. Its way better than that asshat Tavarish who literally can't ever follow through or finish a project and does it like a hack. You end up 9 episodes in only to find out he actually isn't going to fix the car, and is going wrap it with some gaudy shit design like a 19 year old kid and his Honda Prelude. I got so irritated with his first mclaren build because of all the cut corners and shitty finished product. for some reason I tuned in to see the P1 build and was excited for it; only to see that he wasn't in fact going to rebuild said P1 but instead he was going to make some other bullshit. trash. Unsubscribe
Same here.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 05:00 PM   #66
Matarmstrongbmx
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Probably my favourite YouTube channel. Very entertaining. Seems like a humble hard working guy with a positive attitude on life. His old man seems like a lovely bloke too!
Thanks so much for the kind comments! Appreciate you guys sharing the video! Definitely going to be a fun and challenging rebuild!
Appreciate 7
barryc3651956.00
joshviiv228.00
Seedster2279.00
M2siast5876.00
Jobe10176.50