G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

07-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #1
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3, G80 M3, E70 X5

A&A Performance G80 M3 Shop Build

Hello,

My name is Alex. I own and operate a shop named A&A Performance located north of Atlanta, Georgia. I am a BMW Certified Master Technician and specialize in late model BMW performance. Currently own 2013 E70 X5 Diesel, 1999 Arctic Silver E36 M3, 2016 Mineral Gray F80 M3, and recently acquired a G80 M3 xDrive Isle of Man Green/Kyalami Orange carbon buckets.

So far on the build I have Burger Motorsports Intake, catless downpipes, Active Autowerke cat less x-pipe along with their Active Autowerke axle back exhaust. Fuel-It Ethanol Analyzer Kit. The DME is unlocked via Femto. Flashing and logging done via MHD Tuning platform. The car is tuned by Chris Kontos at Motiv Motorsports. Currently working on both 93oct and E50 tune for the car. He tunes all my personal and my customers vehicles. XHP Stage 3 Transmission Tune. It is lowered on H&R super sport springs with Burger Motorsports spacers. 15mm front, 13mm rear. Turner Motorsports Oil Cooler Guard. IND Distribution front and rear paint match reflectors. OEM M Performance carbon fiber front lip, OEM M performance carbon air ducts, OEM carbon fiber rear spoiler.

The next line of modifications are looking like upgraded intake manifold with port injection, controlled using Motiv Motorsport Re|Flex+. I will be updating this thread as I build the car and will also post time slips and hopefully some dragys (mine has been acting up and every pass has been invalid due to low sats). Will try to find an AWD dynojet to put the car on and get some numbers as well once tuning is finalized on the current set up.

If you'd like to contact us for a quote feel free to reach out, my best point of contact is via email.

service@aanda-performance.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Nate.G82521.00
Mowe2456.00
Bguggs54.00
M3AWD3181.50
      07-08-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80.Alex View Post
Hello,

My name is Alex. I own and operate a shop named A&A Performance located north of Atlanta, Georgia. I am a BMW Certified Master Technician and specialize in late model BMW performance. Currently own 2013 E70 X5 Diesel, 1999 Arctic Silver E36 M3, 2016 Mineral Gray F80 M3, and recently acquired a G80 M3 xDrive Isle of Man Green/Kyalami Orange carbon buckets.

So far on the build I have Burger Motorsports Intake, catless downpipes, Active Autowerke cat less x-pipe along with their Active Autowerke axle back exhaust. Fuel-It Ethanol Analyzer Kit. The DME is unlocked via Femto. Flashing and logging done via MHD Tuning platform. The car is tuned by Chris Kontos at Motiv Motorsports. Currently working on both 93oct and E50 tune for the car. He tunes all my personal and my customers vehicles. XHP Stage 3 Transmission Tune. It is lowered on H&R super sport springs with Burger Motorsports spacers. 15mm front, 13mm rear. Turner Motorsports Oil Cooler Guard. IND Distribution front and rear paint match reflectors. OEM M Performance carbon fiber front lip, OEM M performance carbon air ducts, OEM carbon fiber rear spoiler.

The next line of modifications are looking like upgraded intake manifold with port injection, controlled using Motiv Motorsport Re|Flex+. I will be updating this thread as I build the car and will also post time slips and hopefully some dragys (mine has been acting up and every pass has been invalid due to low sats). Will try to find an AWD dynojet to put the car on and get some numbers as well once tuning is finalized on the current set up.

If you'd like to contact us for a quote feel free to reach out, my best point of contact is via email.

service@aanda-performance.com
Looks awesome, Alex! I recognize that Panamera next to your car from anywhere (mainly because it's parked in one place and one place only ). Pretty good restaurants in that plaza. I'll let you know of any services I might need when I get around to modding my car.
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2022, 04:32 PM   #3
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate.G82 View Post
Looks awesome, Alex! I recognize that Panamera next to your car from anywhere (mainly because it's parked in one place and one place only ). Pretty good restaurants in that plaza. I'll let you know of any services I might need when I get around to modding my car.
I'm in the area often. I eat around there a lot and also live close to the area. My shop isn't too far from the area either. If you need anything give me a shout. I'm a dealer for all the companies/products installed on my car. I'll have to give you a shout for the next ATL G8X meet as well!
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2022, 09:50 PM   #4
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Great looking car, and sounds like you have got that thing putting down a good bit of extra power! Does your shop do exhaust work? Just got my M3 and it is currently over at RTP customs getting a stealth PPF, but I have a feeling I will be doing a resonator delete shortly after getting her back lol. Was probably going to take her to solomotorsports or eurofed, but would def rather take her to a forum member if that's something you do and are interested in!

Side note. I'm in that area a decent bit also, so maybe I'll bump into you somewhere! Im partial to the golf courses in that area
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 03:13 PM   #5
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
LOL yeah, I know the plaza. That Panamera is always there! Must be one of the shop owners.
Appreciate 1
Nate.G82521.00
      07-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #6
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Hey Alex, glad you finally started posting here
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 12:58 PM   #7
Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
LOL yeah, I know the plaza. That Panamera is always there! Must be one of the shop owners.
Yeah, it's the Korean Chicken restaurant owner's haha

I like going there, but good lord the bill racks up fast in there
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2022, 03:55 PM   #8
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

I recently partnered up with Valvetronic Designs to offer their exhaust systems to my customers. If anyone if interested in an exhaust from them give me shout. That being said, my current exhaust set up will be for sale Active Autowerke Catless X Pipe & Active Autowerke Signature Axle Back Exhaust w/ Black Tips.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 04:56 PM   #9
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
Great looking car, and sounds like you have got that thing putting down a good bit of extra power! Does your shop do exhaust work? Just got my M3 and it is currently over at RTP customs getting a stealth PPF, but I have a feeling I will be doing a resonator delete shortly after getting her back lol. Was probably going to take her to solomotorsports or eurofed, but would def rather take her to a forum member if that's something you do and are interested in!

Side note. I'm in that area a decent bit also, so maybe I'll bump into you somewhere! Im partial to the golf courses in that area
I don't do custom fabrication but I do have a fab guy who can pretty much do it all. We would just have to schedule accordingly with him if it's something like that you want done. If you want I'm taking off my Active Autowerke catless x pipe and the valved axle back exhaust if you're interested. I appreciate the support. I work on a ton of M cars and I am currently the only BMW master tech certified own independent shop in the area!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 09:22 PM   #10
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I don't do custom fabrication but I do have a fab guy who can pretty much do it all. We would just have to schedule accordingly with him if it's something like that you want done. If you want I'm taking off my Active Autowerke catless x pipe and the valved axle back exhaust if you're interested. I appreciate the support. I work on a ton of M cars and I am currently the only BMW master tech certified own independent shop in the area!
Understood! I would def be interested in hearing the setup, but to be honest from all the stuff I've read and seen here I was just thinking about deleting the 2 resonators to give it just a little more volume. Definitely interested in coming by to see the shop sometime. Always more interested in supporting a fellow forum member than a random company!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:31 PM   #11
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Understood! I would def be interested in hearing the setup, but to be honest from all the stuff I've read and seen here I was just thinking about deleting the 2 resonators to give it just a little more volume. Definitely interested in coming by to see the shop sometime. Always more interested in supporting a fellow forum member than a random company!
I've been contemplating doing this also.
I currently have the VSC-2 controller to open the flaps 100%, but I think I could use a tad more volume.
Let me know if you decide to go this route.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #12
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's the Korean Chicken restaurant owner's haha

I like going there, but good lord the bill racks up fast in there
Ah, okay. That's why I see that car on that spot every day lol.
Business must be good!
Appreciate 1
Nate.G82521.00
      07-14-2022, 08:19 PM   #13
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've been contemplating doing this also.
I currently have the VSC-2 controller to open the flaps 100%, but I think I could use a tad more volume.
Let me know if you decide to go this route.
I bought the controller also and plan to install it next weekend! Did it give you any trouble? Mine didn't come with any instructions in the box lol. How much of an increase would you say it is over just the standard M1 button opening of the valves?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 05:59 AM   #14
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I bought the controller also and plan to install it next weekend! Did it give you any trouble? Mine didn't come with any instructions in the box lol. How much of an increase would you say it is over just the standard M1 button opening of the valves?
Install was a breeze.
Jacked up the car and crawled under to undo the connectors and to bolt on the controller to one of the brackets.
I forgot to bring the wire coat hanger, but it wasn't necessary.
Just plug the two connectors for the passenger's side and feed them through the heat shield. Came out the other side in like 5 seconds.

Mine is set to Factory (default) - Open (when on).
I always start the car (cold startup), hit the M1 button then hear the exhaust get louder, and then hit the Homelink button to activate the VSC and I'd say it gets equally louder when I hit the M1 button.
Exhaust note gets noticeably deeper in tone.
It's not night and day, but I think you'll be satisfied with the increase in volume.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #15
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Install was a breeze.
Jacked up the car and crawled under to undo the connectors and to bolt on the controller to one of the brackets.
I forgot to bring the wire coat hanger, but it wasn't necessary.
Just plug the two connectors for the passenger's side and feed them through the heat shield. Came out the other side in like 5 seconds.

Mine is set to Factory (default) - Open (when on).
I always start the car (cold startup), hit the M1 button then hear the exhaust get louder, and then hit the Homelink button to activate the VSC and I'd say it gets equally louder when I hit the M1 button.
Exhaust note gets noticeably deeper in tone.
It's not night and day, but I think you'll be satisfied with the increase in volume.
Thanks, glad to hear! I bought the one where the flaps are open unless activated. Yeah I noticed hitting m1 is much nicer on the ears. Still needs more but it's an audible difference and I'll take it for now lol. Wonder why m2 doesn't do that even though I have the exhaust setting the same for both.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 02:32 PM   #16
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, glad to hear! I bought the one where the flaps are open unless activated. Yeah I noticed hitting m1 is much nicer on the ears. Still needs more but it's an audible difference and I'll take it for now lol. Wonder why m2 doesn't do that even though I have the exhaust setting the same for both.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you have any traction setting less intrusive than full on (MDM, full off), it'll ask for a second press of the M2 button to confirm the change.
Otherwise, it's weird that the sound don't change with M2 setting.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #17
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you have any traction setting less intrusive than full on (MDM, full off), it'll ask for a second press of the M2 button to confirm the change.
Otherwise, it's weird that the sound don't change with M2 setting.
Ahh I did not know that! I'll need to check as I haven't actually configured it. All I was going off was when I hit m1 is showed up on my dash and same for hitting m2 but I will check to see what is happening with it. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 02:43 PM   #18
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Raced a GTR and car was pulling crazy amount of timing and still did well. Losing still didn't sit well with me. More than likely will order Pure Stage 2+ and CSF Intercooler w/ PI once it is available.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #19
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Raced a GTR and car was pulling crazy amount of timing and still did well. Losing still didn't sit well with me. More than likely will order Pure Stage 2+ and CSF Intercooler w/ PI once it is available.
These cars are running mid 9s with stock turbos, with Femto and Jb4, xHP and E40. You should at least be somewhere in the 9s, even if its a 9.99 at this point.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #20
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
These cars are running mid 9s with stock turbos, with Femto and Jb4, xHP and E40. You should at least be somewhere in the 9s, even if its a 9.99 at this point.
Car was pulling timing fighting tq limiter. Again, did really well for the amount of timing it was pulling & having throttle closure. I don't know about your area but the GTRs in my area are all heavily modified and run well beyond high 9s.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:42 AM   #21
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Car was pulling timing fighting tq limiter. Again, did really well for the amount of timing it was pulling & having throttle closure. I don't know about your area but the GTRs in my area are all heavily modified and run well beyond high 9s.
Yeah, you can't really chase a GTR with much of anything. The car has had 14 years of development. They have billet blocks available. Shep Trans. You name it. 3,500hp available to build. It's just crazy what they offer for that car.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:48 PM   #22
G80.Alex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey guys, been a while. We have been slammed at the shop and finally now have time to breath. I have a handful of mods going on this time around.

-BMS front mount intake with SSR intake filters
-CSF Heat exchanger
-CSF Intake manifold/intercooler
-CSF Transmission oil cooler
-FTP Charge pipe kit
-Mishimoto upgraded oil cooler
-Vorsteiner grill
-Motiv Reflex+
-Visconti LPFP

Still waiting on my wheels to show up as well.

Will post pictures and such after installation is complete.
Appreciate 3
SavMnls13.50
M3AWD3181.50