BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-15-2022, 09:55 PM   #1
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

"removal zcode" showing as option in MyGarage

Order was submitted Saturday in 111. I added the production number to MyGarage and noticed in the options section "removal zcode"

Anyone else have this and have any idea what it is?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 02:12 AM   #2
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_phxz View Post
Order was submitted Saturday in 111. I added the production number to MyGarage and noticed in the options section "removal zcode"

Anyone else have this and have any idea what it is?
Following, I have the same code.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
BugKiller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4Cx cvt

Not here

Went from 105 back into 111 yesterday and I do not have this.

My build is below and, in particular, it currently does not include the laser headlights (being added as soon as my CA gets around to it).
      02-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #4
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugKiller View Post
Went from 105 back into 111 yesterday and I do not have this.

My build is below and, in particular, it currently does not include the laser headlights (being added as soon as my CA gets around to it).
My build is also in my signature and I'll be added the laser lights on shortly as well. Really curious what this removal code is. Another thread was talking about a carbon roof delete but it seems most inside of BMW don't have any knowledge of this and i certainly hope this isn't the case.
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 08:23 AM   #5
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
My build is also in my signature and I'll be added the laser lights on shortly as well. Really curious what this removal code is. Another thread was talking about a carbon roof delete but it seems most inside of BMW don't have any knowledge of this and i certainly hope this isn't the case.
I doubt it's the CF roof removal; more likely you'd see the sunroof added, especially since you can't delete a standard feature.

The only thing a cursory Google search is this, which doesn't really help...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...de-61136901662

02-17-2022, 11:31 AM   #6
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I doubt it's the CF roof removal; more likely you'd see the sunroof added, especially since you can't delete a standard feature.

The only thing a cursory Google search is this, which doesn't really help...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...de-61136901662

I know you can't delete a standard feature, but the very limited rumor is that BMW has a carbon fiber shortage and will be dropping the CF Roof/Bucket seats. I think this is BS though and if it were the case, peoples builds wouldn't be showing the buckets option and would also show the Moonroof option..

Seems like whatever this part is it won't be something the buyer should worry about!
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 11:59 AM   #7
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I know you can't delete a standard feature, but the very limited rumor is that BMW has a carbon fiber shortage and will be dropping the CF Roof/Bucket seats. I think this is BS though and if it were the case, peoples builds wouldn't be showing the buckets option and would also show the Moonroof option..

Seems like whatever this part is it won't be something the buyer should worry about!
Yeah, I've heard the rumor as well. Hopefully it will apply first and only to optional CF roofs on other models... although when BMW has the option to make money in one place vs. giving something for free, there's some tension there. (Hence why I suspect you'll see the roofs go before the CF seats, for which they charge a pretty penny.)
      03-14-2022, 02:31 PM   #8
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

I have this as well. Bmw genius never likes to answer the damn phone lol. Been on hold forever. Do you have the 50th anniversary emblem delete? (Selected standard emblems instead). If that's the case, I'd like to think that's what it is. Could be something else. If anyone found out from Genius and wants to report back please update this thread. I will post an update once I receive a call back.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #9
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

FWIW: I got my allocation last week, and this does not appear anywhere on my build sheet.
      03-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #10
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I've heard the rumor as well. Hopefully it will apply first and only to optional CF roofs on other models... although when BMW has the option to make money in one place vs. giving something for free, there's some tension there. (Hence why I suspect you'll see the roofs go before the CF seats, for which they charge a pretty penny.)
Slightly off topic, but I guess related, does this imply we can *finally* put to bed the whole speculation about the supposed deletion or depletion of CF roofs for M models? I could understand the rationale for limiting them as add-on options for MPeformance models (though here in the UK we can't spec, as far as I know, CF roofs for say the M340i, though maybe for the new M440i Grand Coupe). It's just that cutting out what is, for the Comp, a standard part of the spec, would be tantamount to delivering a car without parking sensors!

I've seen lots of anxiety and conjecture but no definitive word from anyone on here. And as far as I can see, no one yet has suddenly been surprised on collection day by picking a M3 without its standard CF roof! (Open to correction.)

It would just be nice to have one less thing, officially, to worry about in this age of incessant doom-mongering...

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #11
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
Following, I have the same code.

I had this when my dealer originally submitted my build. When they resubmitted it recently to remove the driver assistance pkg, it was gone
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #12
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Slightly off topic, but I guess related, does this imply we can *finally* put to bed the whole speculation about the supposed deletion or depletion of CF roofs for M models?
Yeah, other than those handful of rumors we saw a month or two ago, I don't think there have been any confirmed CF rood deletions.

However, I have heard BMW is short on steering wheels and may be relying on an updated gesture control capabilities for affected cars for the foreseeable future.

03-14-2022, 03:49 PM   #13
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Slightly off topic, but I guess related, does this imply we can *finally* put to bed the whole speculation about the supposed deletion or depletion of CF roofs for M models? I could understand the rationale for limiting them as add-on options for MPeformance models (though here in the UK we can't spec, as far as I know, CF roofs for say the M340i, though maybe for the new M440i Grand Coupe). It's just that cutting out what is, for the Comp, a standard part of the spec, would be tantamount to delivering a car without parking sensors!

I've seen lots of anxiety and conjecture but no definitive word from anyone on here. And as far as I can see, no one yet has suddenly been surprised on collection day by picking a M3 without its standard CF roof! (Open to correction.)

It would just be nice to have one less thing, officially, to worry about in this age of incessant doom-mongering...
Yes. I asked my CA. If you have a carbon deletion (which he never heard of). It would be replaced with the sunroof on your build sheet and explicitly state you have the sunroof. If you do not have a sunroof listed anywhere on your build sheet, you have nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ664.50
      03-14-2022, 04:38 PM   #14
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Can someone please confirm this: for those of you who requested STANDARD emblems and NOT 50th anniversary emblems…do you all have "removal z code." I really feel like this is what it's for. And for those of you who did not opt out of the 50th anniversary emblems, does your build under "standard features" list the 50th anniversary emblems? Someone please confirm this!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 04:48 PM   #15
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr_m4 View Post
And for those of you who did not opt out of the 50th anniversary emblems, does your build under "standard features" list the 50th anniversary emblems? Someone please confirm this!
yes
Appreciate 1
g80_zayd313.00
      03-14-2022, 05:04 PM   #16
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
Quote:
And for those of you who did not opt out of the 50th anniversary emblems, does your build under "standard features" list the 50th anniversary emblems? Someone please confirm this!
yes
There you have it. I have the emblems removed as well. That's what it is then. I was worried it might be touch screen removal…
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2022, 05:08 PM   #17
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I had the 50th anniversary emblems and had the Zcode removal code.. currently MyGarage is erroring so I can’t login to look at anything currently.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:12 PM   #18
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had the 50th anniversary emblems and had the Zcode removal code.. currently MyGarage is erroring so I can't login to look at anything currently.
Yeah I tried logging in but there's an error code 90% of the time. If you can check next time it allows you please comment what comes up.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 05:13 PM   #19
Molon Labe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I had the 50th anniversary emblems and had the Zcode removal code.. currently MyGarage is erroring so I can't login to look at anything currently.
My Garage isn't working!?!? I am shocked!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 11:33 AM   #20
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Called genius today. The lady I spoke to said there's no options I have that are removed from my build. Said she will look into it and give me a call back but she thinks it's because of the standard emblems, as 50 year emblems would be listed under standard features which isn't the case for me b/c I opted for the standard…only thing she can think of which I said on here yesterday…but I recall someone in here saying they had both the standard emblems and removal z code so now I'm just lost..lol
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 11:57 AM   #21
Mac Daddy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 pure

Quote:
Called genius today. The lady I spoke to said there's no options I have that are removed from my build. Said she will look into it and give me a call back but she thinks it's because of the standard emblems, as 50 year emblems would be listed under standard features which isn't the case for me b/c I opted for the standard…only thing she can think of which I said on here yesterday…but I recall someone in here saying they had both the standard emblems and removal z code so now I'm just lost..lol
No "removal z code", and I have the emblems:
Attached Images

past, all 6MT: E90 M3 ZCP, E60 M5, E60 550i, E39 540i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #22
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I originally had the 50 year emblems + the zcode removal. Then I added on the laserlights and my prod date went back to week 20 from week 12. Still have the zcode thing but now the 50 year emblems are gone from my build.

I didn’t ask to have the standard emblems, however I’m not upset. I personally don’t like the anniversary ones
Appreciate 0