BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-07-2023, 07:27 AM   #23
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Thanks guys.

Dropped the car off yesterday at a high end repair shop…craaazzy cars in there. Brand new GT4 RS that was rear ended. Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, Bentley, Rolls Royce and they had a Pagani in recently for carbon repair, so looks like I went to the right place!
Awesome facility - wish I took pics but felt it was best not to out of respect for others damaged cars.

They think insurance could total the car but just depends on repair estimates vs salvage value etc

If insurance agrees to fix it, I’m confident these guys will do the job right. They don’t take short cuts. Gonna add some upgrades while it’s in there too I think
Appreciate 2
Nate.G82522.50
2011ninja3417.00
      06-07-2023, 03:26 PM   #24
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post

Firstly, We are ok which is the main thing. Scary experience though.

So, I got rear ended on the freeway last night by some guy driving a complete piece of shit. I assume he has very limited insurance

What’s my move here?

Call my insurance and file a claim with them? And they would then persue his insurance?

If he’s under insured and my insurance comes in to play do my premiums increase and my deductible gets hit up? Not a major concern but just trying to understand what I should do in this situation from those who’ve been through it

Anyway to insist the car is written off / replaced with a new one?

Not sure if it’s structural yet but it’s enough to make me not want the car back. I’d assume the crash bar/chassis has a ding in it so hopefully that’s enough to write it off
Best you can do is probably try to politely intimate you think it is a total loss, and if you had some data from a shop that would help, but then if they don’t agree you may need a bit of legal help to nudge them in that direction if it’s even possible.

That’s a raw deal. You’ve got a long road ahead of phone calls and appointments with body shops, pictures, attention to detail, and the inevitable arguing with your insurance’s claims adjusters about diminished value, not to mention the looks on the road of pure schadenfreude from everyone who couldn’t afford this car ha ha.

But, laugh it off brother. You’ll eventually be made right in time.

I would also want this car totaled. You could at least get it checked by an independent shop, to verify what your insurance is telling you.

Sorry man, that just sucks.
It will pass, eventually, and yes at least you aren’t hurt.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 06:59 PM   #25
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Thanks guys.

Dropped the car off yesterday at a high end repair shop…craaazzy cars in there. Brand new GT4 RS that was rear ended. Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, Bentley, Rolls Royce and they had a Pagani in recently for carbon repair, so looks like I went to the right place!
Awesome facility - wish I took pics but felt it was best not to out of respect for others damaged cars.

They think insurance could total the car but just depends on repair estimates vs salvage value etc

If insurance agrees to fix it, I’m confident these guys will do the job right. They don’t take short cuts. Gonna add some upgrades while it’s in there too I think
They'll take care of you. My M4 is there right now too. The owner showed me yesterday he had a M3 come in the same color as mine and I could've sworn I'd seen it before with the damage, didn't put 2+2 together until I revisited this thread. They've done 12+ cars for me, friends and family..you took your car to the right place.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 1
barryc3651959.00
      06-07-2023, 07:01 PM   #26
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1403 View Post
They'll take care of you. My M4 is there right now too. The owner showed me yesterday he had a M3 come in the same color as mine and I could've sworn I'd seen it before, didn't put 2+2 together until I revisited this thread. They've done 12+ cars for me, friends and family..you took your car to the right place.
Awesome, he mentioned your M4!

Nice one!!

I’m excited to get the car back now hopefully. Initially I had lost enthusiasm for it but fuck it, I’ll make it better than ever.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3417.00