Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-18-2022, 01:25 PM   #45
Sales@RKautowerks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_MEDUSA View Post
Jordan doesnt blow motors, Users blow motors by asking for him to go beyond what he normally does saying " I know the risks " Then blame him. Cary has a bunch just like that also. Some people get tunes not even knowing what a misfire is.
You won't find anyone who has not "blown" a motor that tunes. That's something one needs to understand and know the risk of when doing this. Far too many sign up to go fast then expect a standard warranty and endless support. The chances of blowing it up are high, doesn't matter what who's doing the tune.

Stage 1 and 2 are usually pretty safe on these cars, no-matter who you go with.

-R
Appreciate 2
      12-18-2022, 01:28 PM   #46
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@RKautowerks View Post
You won't find anyone who has not "blown" a motor that tunes. That's something one needs to understand and know the risk of when doing this. Far too many sign up to go fast then expect a standard warranty and endless support. The chances of blowing it up are high, doesn't matter what who's doing the tune.

-R
My point exactly. Risk management. Pushing well beyond stock limitations is risky already. Makes me giggle when n54 guys tell me their "blocks good for 750 wheel" Nah dude its not, There may be a few that did but i promise you block aint good for 750. Then do everything in their power to reach 750 and be mad at the tuner when it blows because they heard it was good for that power lol.

At the end of the day we choose to modify our cars and we have to know the risks. Every tuner has blew up motors. Nothing new. Just dont be ignorant when its you.
      12-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #47
AB Performance
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 F90 M5

Quote:
Ironic your post starts with "big numbers," "low DA," and "rEcOrDs."

Then ends with ABP who only post dynojet "big numbers" in "low DA"

I must be missing something here.

-R
Accusing us of posting the results in LOW DA making look as if we can not tune was really shocking. Did not expect such a toxic comment directed at us! Misleading the forum members as we. FYI we are located at a high elevation here 550 meters (1800ft) above sea level with an ambient pressure of 13.7psi very hard to tune cars here so we have very good experience tuning at high DA/ Elevation

You should visit our social media pages and check the DA of the dragy/p-gear slips we have shared before commenting like that. Soon we will crank up our Mustang AWD-500 dyno at our new shop which is 450m above sea level and hopefully, you will be pleased <3.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
nickohlie111.00
      12-18-2022, 04:49 PM   #48
Sales@RKautowerks
Rep

Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Performance View Post
Accusing us of posting the results in LOW DA making look as if we can not tune was really shocking. Did not expect such a toxic comment directed at us! Misleading the forum members as we. FYI we are located at a high elevation here 550 meters (1800ft) above sea level with an ambient pressure of 13.7psi very hard to tune cars here so we have very good experience tuning at high DA/ Elevation

You should visit our social media pages and check the DA of the dragy/p-gear slips we have shared before commenting like that. Soon we will crank up our Mustang AWD-500 dyno at our new shop which is 450m above sea level and hopefully, you will be pleased <3.
He provided a link to your website, the homepage is literally a post with a DA of -1200ft.

I must be looking at the wrong ABP then if that's not your website.

-R
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 05:21 PM   #49
AB Performance
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 F90 M5

Quote:
He provided a link to your website, the homepage is literally a post with a DA of -1200ft.

I must be looking at the wrong ABP then if that's not your website.

-R
That is one of the works. We have done a lot more than that. Looking at one post and then saying we only post low DA results misleading forum members about us is not nice

We showcase all of our work on social media no matter the DA and no cropped photos

Anyway, this thread is about who is the good go-to tuner.
I would say Both Paul and Cary have done good work on BMW F/G series platforms UNP as well.

If you would ask me I would say HCP is the best B). I personally have been inspired by his work. He is the most knowledgeable guy in European car tuning.

Peace.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
nickohlie111.00
      03-26-2023, 02:14 AM   #50
Hadib233
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition

Quote:

-R
Are you saying with tuning in general blowing is a high risk? I thought these motors were 750whp reliable. At what point is the chances high
      03-31-2023, 05:38 AM   #51
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadib233 View Post
Are you saying with tuning in general blowing is a high risk? I thought these motors were 750whp reliable. At what point is the chances high
All motors eventually blow, even stock. There’s an equation though..

Power vs abuse (heat) vs maintenance

Honesty is the best policy; if you drive like an asshole 24/7 and dont have 30-40k to spend on a motor make sure your tuner knows and it’ll last.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 08:47 AM   #52
mikewho_G82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82X

look who has the world record for the G8X stock turbo i would go with them...
Appreciate 1
Mcc420475.00
      04-04-2023, 04:23 AM   #53
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT2SPEED View Post
The stock fuel pump has more volume than is needed by the direct injector's (ie factory System). your fuel system has a return line and most of your fuel is being routed back to the tank in stock form. Adding the port injection into the system just increases the length of your fuel system as it goes inline with your factory fuel system and will only be operated when told to do so by the Motiv fuel controller. Your factory fuel pump has the ability to supply more or less volume as needed. I'm pretty sure its a brushless pump.

Adding a secondary pump that comes on via a Hobbs switch or controlled thru the Motiv Pi controller will be necessary at a certain HP level especially on E85.

I honestly don't know the ceiling for for the factory pump but I know people are going 9's on full e85 with port injection and factory fuel pump so at least 700 to 750 whp.

My guess would be anymore that that and you would need an additional pump but maybe someone that's pushing those numbers can chime in.
I’m currently in process of tuning with Paul. My experience with him has been extremely possitive on this stage 3+ tune. He is extremely responsive. Not only to his credit but to his entire team. In this day and age I think you need people on your team to specialize in specific areas. I dont know abt the other tuners but Paul’s team is the key. Ashton is his Motive guru and has remoted into my Motive+ countless times to ensure my PI is working with the new PFS “true” drop in LPFP system. We initially purchased Visconti LPFP days before the PFS bucket came out. Ashton walked me through the entire Visconti mess and Paul assisted on what would be the safest option for pushing to level I want to be at. Paul recommended I upgrade LPFP at 3+ but was not required. Paul also has assistance with customer support. So your not dealing with just one side of the entire experience with just one guy juggling everything. This leaves Paul with time to do what he does best, Ashton his best, and Mechal her best. Im also missing one more of his team members but appreciate all of them.

I think the most severe lesson learned and where it got the most frustrating is where i involved Visconti into the mix. Jon is selling kits without even providing platform specific instructions and then has the audacity to barate my mechanic regarding his questions and subsequently almost costing me the only mechanic on island willing to do the job. I have 1.5k worth Visconti shtuff setting here, a heap of disrespectful emails to my mechanics Ill gladly share with the community to include one saying send me pics so I can consider refund (right before going silent and unresponsive), and 3k of mechanic bills for un/install.

I hear rumblings on here all the time but for me, Paul tuning and PFS hardware made a really solid combo. Ill get some dragys soon as we are currently on full e85 flex dialing in with ps2+, pfs pi, mad catless/mid/intakes, pfs lpfp, motive+, bm3 flex, csf oil/hxch.

And of course love this MAD exhaust and intakes.
Appreciate 6
yousefnjr6157.50
FSociety3812.50
Laoschris491.00
Jon H391.50
Sonic RR118.50
      04-04-2023, 07:39 AM   #54
mikewho_G82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
I’m currently in process of tuning with Paul. My experience with him has been extremely possitive on this stage 3+ tune. He is extremely responsive. Not only to his credit but to his entire team. In this day and age I think you need people on your team to specialize in specific areas. I dont know abt the other tuners but Paul’s team is the key. Ashton is his Motive guru and has remoted into my Motive+ countless times to ensure my PI is working with the new PFS “true” drop in LPFP system. We initially purchased Visconti LPFP days before the PFS bucket came out. Ashton walked me through the entire Visconti mess and Paul assisted on what would be the safest option for pushing to level I want to be at. Paul recommended I upgrade LPFP at 3+ but was not required. Paul also has assistance with customer support. So your not dealing with just one side of the entire experience with just one guy juggling everything. This leaves Paul with time to do what he does best, Ashton his best, and Mechal her best. Im also missing one more of his team members but appreciate all of them.

I think the most severe lesson learned and where it got the most frustrating is where i involved Visconti into the mix. Jon is selling kits without even providing platform specific instructions and then has the audacity to barate my mechanic regarding his questions and subsequently almost costing me the only mechanic on island willing to do the job. I have 1.5k worth Visconti shtuff setting here, a heap of disrespectful emails to my mechanics Ill gladly share with the community to include one saying send me pics so I can consider refund (right before going silent and unresponsive), and 3k of mechanic bills for un/install.

I hear rumblings on here all the time but for me, Paul tuning and PFS hardware made a really solid combo. Ill get some dragys soon as we are currently on full e85 flex dialing in with ps2+, pfs pi, mad catless/mid/intakes, pfs lpfp, motive+, bm3 flex, csf oil/hxch.

aww Visconti lol.. yea he got me too. I don't think he is tuning s58 anymore. everyone who was tuned with him switched to someone else. He must have something going.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 04:51 PM   #55
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho_G82 View Post
aww Visconti lol.. yea he got me too. I don't think he is tuning s58 anymore. everyone who was tuned with him switched to someone else. He must have something going.
Yah people need to know.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2023, 05:24 PM   #56
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho_G82 View Post
They saw how either A. blew up, B. went faster when they switched
Prime example MPowerhouse M3

Quote:

+100

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 06:02 PM   #57
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Blow up u say? Yah wonder why? Here u go: from a reputable source and why I switched to PFS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      04-05-2023, 04:50 AM   #58
timmyg789
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:

Solid build! Yeah I haven't heard of many people replacing the LPFP. It sounds like you might be going for a bit more power then the 700-750whp???? or maybe its just to be on the safe side. You running the stock manifold or did you upgrade with ps2's? I am trying to decide on my build and keep going back and forth on a couple things
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2023, 10:44 AM   #59
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyg789 View Post
Solid build! Yeah I haven't heard of many people replacing the LPFP. It sounds like you might be going for a bit more power then the 700-750whp???? or maybe its just to be on the safe side. You running the stock manifold or did you upgrade with ps2's? I am trying to decide on my build and keep going back and forth on a couple things
Paul said we should be in 800-850 range when finished and lpfp worth 50 or so on upper end of spectrum on ethanol and especially full ethanol. You will begin to run out of fuel without upgrading the lpfp.

Im on stock manifold. I asked several people abt that and was told up to you. I asked would you? The answer was a resounding no with comparison to s55 crankhub failures. Many also said to use that 6k towards transmission upgrade or engine build. If i had not already bought port inj setup i could have possibly justified it but that would have been minimal savings.
Appreciate 4
FSociety3812.50
Jon H391.50
      03-01-2024, 12:31 AM   #60
sanczo17@wp.pl
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240

be careful for JordanTuned, LLC

I bought a custom flexfuel map two days ago
and the Jordan blew up my engine after 3 hours, total of 3 pulls just to datalog

my logs
the tuner says they are OK

1 log
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65df...1d913feaa923f6
2 log
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65df...332f5296726304
3 log blew up my engine
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65df...8cda46185c83fa
Appreciate 2
forcefed2562.50
      03-01-2024, 01:18 PM   #61
TURBODAN4
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

What fuel were you using? Knock all over the place in the log.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 01:36 PM   #62
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Jordan does not know what to do with these motors. It seems the s55 is his forte, and he cannot tune the S58 properly.
You will pay for a custom E50 tune that will at best perform right around the BM3 OTS E50 map, possibly slower.

Please everyone use Paul (or Orlando Auto as they use Paul) if you are between the two, the performance differences are drastic.

I used Cary with my s55 and it ran great, but he does not have these S58 figured out by any means.

Last edited by hellcat2m4; 03-01-2024 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 2
MIM5219.50
FSociety3812.50
      03-01-2024, 01:37 PM   #63
Cosworthstag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 G80

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3fhJ...lwY2RwendtcHM4
      03-01-2024, 01:46 PM   #64
Cosworthstag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 G80

Actually achieved 700hp
Attached Images

03-01-2024, 02:27 PM   #65
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2m4 View Post
Jordan does not know what to do with these motors. It seems the s55 is his forte, and he cannot tune the S58 properly.
You will pay for a custom E50 tune that will at best perform right around the OTS E50 map, possibly slower.

Please everyone use Paul (or Orlando Auto as they use Paul) if you are between the two, the performance differences are drastic.
Im getting Jordan OTS+ E50 map, i have high hopes as i used Jordan's map on the S55 as well.

the S55 and the S58 are similar in the way they make power that i dont think one can be good at tuning one but not the other

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 02:59 PM   #66
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

I thought the same as well, unfortunately that wasn't the case. Maybe the other member here will speak up as well that also had the same thing happen to them.
Appreciate 0