BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-05-2022, 11:12 PM   #89
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Yowza that thing is moving. Wonder how this affects reliability, are other cars that run this usually fine?
      07-05-2022, 11:20 PM   #90
Drift Master
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Did they run it on a car with JB4? What map and what fuel?
Im running a modified map 4 with E35. but I have not yet installed the transmission flash yet.
Any chance that the ECU flash is getting closer with this TCU flash or it's a different ball game to crack the ECU VS the TCU
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 01:16 AM   #91
santox
Ing.
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp G82 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santox View Post
Does it help with the throttle closure caused by piggybacks ?
One has nothing to do with the other.
Some say that the torque measurement comes to the dme through the gearbox ecu..
      07-06-2022, 06:05 AM   #92
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

I'm confused as to why it won't let me change down to 1st in any mode anymore?

So let's say I'm in Sports+, manually changing gears via paddles and I'm coming to stop, it'll only let me change down to 2nd, never 1st.

I've tried all three Stages with the same result. Anybody managed to get around this for normal driving?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 08:53 AM   #93
BadGTR
badgtr
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTR & 13 m5 stage II tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post

So let's say I'm in Sports+, manually changing gears via paddles and I'm coming to stop, it'll only let me change down to 2nd, never 1st.

I've tried all three Stages with the same result. Anybody managed to get around this for normal driving?
I have been reading around about this lack of 1st gear. Seems like something that will keep me away from using. Hope they change/update the tune file.
Appreciate 1
S58King147.50
      07-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #94
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
If I'm being honest, I'm a warranty guy. However seeing this xHP trans flash being released is so so tempting. However I don't want to go into a dealer to hear oh your warranty is gone for the whole car. My G80 only has intakes and a dual res delete right now sooo…Can the dealer tell if it's been flashed with xHP I'm assuming yes.
Appreciate 2
destoyan521.50
stormlv932.00
      07-06-2022, 10:08 AM   #95
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGTR View Post
Quote:

I have been reading around about this lack of 1st gear. Seems like something that will keep me away from using. Hope they change/update the tune file.
I appreciate this is probably really good for the guys out there with engine tunes but I really don't see the hype. I've tried it for a couple of days and yeah, the shifts change speed is increased but that doesn't massively excite me 😂. Admittedly though, I never owned an F series M, so I don't know what the DCT felt like compared to the ZF.

I know it's a minor gripe but there's no way of changing down to 1st with any of these stage maps installed. With an aftermarket exhaust fitted, I really like the accentuated burbles I get coming from 3>2 and then 2>1 but obviously I lose that with the Xhp installed, seeing as I can no longer get into 1st gear.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #96
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Hard to believe it's not a dct.
https://fb.watch/e4p6q_89U8/
Goodness that sounds fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #97
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:

I believe that there is a setting called always start in 2'n or something like that try uncheck that if that's the case.
Appreciate 1
destoyan521.50
      07-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #98
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Quote:

I believe that there is a setting called always start in 2'n or something like that try uncheck that if that's the case.
Yeah, made sure to uncheck that setting - behaves exactly the same as if it were set 🤦🏻*♂️.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #99
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, made sure to uncheck that setting - behaves exactly the same as if it were set 🤦🏻*♂️.
Ok weird have you reflashed with that setting?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 03:28 PM   #100
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
🤦🏻*♂️.
Ok, this is the second time I've seen this. I get the face plant but what is the star male symbol? Is this some kind of pronoun thing?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 03:32 PM   #101
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, reflashed with that setting and no change unfortunately. Checked it in all 3 stage maps as well.

Everything else works just fine by the way (stage 3 feels a little too aggressive for my liking) but I just don't like having to set off in 2nd 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #102
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, reflashed with that setting and no change unfortunately. Checked it in all 3 stage maps as well.

Everything else works just fine by the way (stage 3 feels a little too aggressive for my liking) but I just don't like having to set off in 2nd 100% of the time.
Exact same problem here, I have contacted XHP and they asked me to record a video and send it to them.

I am way on a business trip this week, so when I get back on Saturday I will send it over, hopefully they can fix the problem and release a new map.
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 2
BMWM4CX281.50
Holset274.00
      07-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #103
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
Quote:

Exact same problem here, I have contacted XHP and they asked me to record a video and send it to them.

I am way on a business trip this week, so when I get back on Saturday I will send it over, hopefully they can fix the problem and release a new map.
Great news. I've gone back to stock for the time being until an update. I can get a video to them tomorrow if that would help speed things up?
Appreciate 2
csayad418.00
Sbm007612.50
      07-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #104
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok best to contact xhp then.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #105
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Great news. I've gone back to stock for the time being until an update. I can get a video to them tomorrow if that would help speed things up?
I did the same, went back to stock and 1st gear works again in all driving modes

Yes if you want to do that, feel free to PM me and I can pass it onto XHP.

Or even open another support ticket, the more of us report the same issue, the more likely they will fix it sooner.

If you are recording a video, do a slow pull from M2 in Comfort from stand still, and when up to speed mention as you shift up first time that nothing happens and instrument cluster display still says 2nd (best to record RPM's as well and prove they do not drop as you would expect when you shift up). Then shift up again and the RPMs will drop and display will indicate 3rd gear

Does that sorta make sense?
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #106
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
Any chance that the ECU flash is getting closer with this TCU flash or it's a different ball game to crack the ECU VS the TCU
Im not an expert on this but I don't think that's a sign of the ECU flash getting any closer unfortunately

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 05:38 PM   #107
J444VVA
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 Xdrive

I have had the same issue since flashing mine to stage 3, I have now got it to launch In 1st gear with the latest update, if you follow the below it will work!

Change settings to the ones added in the pictures attached, keep traction control on, put it into sport+ with gearbox changes on the fastest (3) and keep it in auto.

Once you have done the above all you do is press the brake hard like a normal launch and press the accelerator pedal all the way down and it will change to 1st! Once that's done build the revs up to around 3k like normal and off you go.

I don't get a launch control active sign on display I just see the gear change to 1st.

I was a little sceptical about this but my god it is now so easy to launch, no messing around with settings, just both pedals down and go!

I hope this helps as it's been very confusing I must say.

I'm still yet to get some draggy data but so far so good and feels fast.

I hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mcc420475.00
      07-06-2022, 05:40 PM   #108
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Hard to believe it's not a dct.
https://fb.watch/e4p6q_89U8/
It's beyond PDK even. Shifts faster than my old 991.2 GTS. Once again, I would love to see someone pressing the paddle and the reaction time of the transmission.
Appreciate 2
FISH225402.50
pateke198.00
      07-06-2022, 09:38 PM   #109
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Yowza that thing is moving. Wonder how this affects reliability, are other cars that run this usually fine?
This is my concern as well as this beast can lay down some torque. I am very tempted but I think I'm going to give this a few months out in the wild to see if any failures appear, transmission or motor.
Appreciate 2
FISH225402.50
destoyan521.50
      07-07-2022, 03:33 AM   #110
santox
Ing.
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp G82 xDrive

Does anyone who flashed the gearbox have ISTA installed? It would be nice to check if it detects any faults .