home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

02-14-2023, 07:06 PM   #1
AgsWin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Frozen Dark Grey M3

Question G80 xDrive Eibach Fronts vs H&R Sports

Back in a M3 after a few months in a Vantage then 911. Been searching the threads for a drop and have narrowed it down to the Eibach front only and the H&R Sports. It won't be a daily and I don't live in an area where I will ever adjust them. Had adjustable before and never used that feature.

Don't see a thread with a direct comparison of these two. I am sure there are others that were down to this decision, so wanted to get feedback from the board on what swayed you one way or the other. Are they both now available for the xDrive in the US?

I think the car has Pirelli's on it, so will a spacer of 15 all around work or do I need to go less on the front?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 05:23 PM   #2
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgsWin View Post
Back in a M3 after a few months in a Vantage then 911. Been searching the threads for a drop and have narrowed it down to the Eibach front only and the H&R Sports. It won't be a daily and I don't live in an area where I will ever adjust them. Had adjustable before and never used that feature.

Don't see a thread with a direct comparison of these two. I am sure there are others that were down to this decision, so wanted to get feedback from the board on what swayed you one way or the other. Are they both now available for the xDrive in the US?

I think the car has Pirelli's on it, so will a spacer of 15 all around work or do I need to go less on the front?
Eibach if all you want is to lessen the front gap. I think 15mm spacers up front is too much for the pirellis. More than 12 supposedly rubs a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 09:12 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbmwe46 View Post
Eibach if all you want is to lessen the front gap. I think 15mm spacers up front is too much for the pirellis. More than 12 supposedly rubs a bit.
I just installed the RKP enhanced fender clearance, and I switched to 15mm spacers

Without it, you are limited to 12mm in the front

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 10:25 AM   #4
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Have the same dilemma, though I'm edging towards H&R Sports due to hearing two instances of the Eibachs somehow causing struts to leak (again, probably totally unrelated but I'm just being paranoid).
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 11:34 AM   #5
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

I had eibach front only on my f80 m3 and I loved it. No strut issues. On the g80 I have h and r sports front snd rear and I love them too. I don't bottom out with my kids and wife in the car. I did notice there was a little bounce to the h&r but I would choose them again
Appreciate 0