12-13-2022, 05:29 PM   #23
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMonsterM View Post
car looks sweet, did you do the MSS standard or the Extra Low kit? been reading mixed feedback on both I was considering the standard kit myself. What issues did you have and what needed to be corrected was it the rubber spring pads being an issue?
I started out with v2 setup and was getting all sorts of noises and the ride quality was not great. I was shipped out V1 springs and it made a world of difference. The V2 were actually binding and my rear right were making noises also but I just had my guy raise the rear up one full turn and the noise disappeared. They ride oem and am happy now. I believe they had a bad batch and haven't heard any negative comments lately. Personally I think the M3 doesn't behave well at very low settings but that's just my opinion.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #24
GarageMonsterM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
I started out with v2 setup and was getting all sorts of noises and the ride quality was not great. I was shipped out V1 springs and it made a world of difference. The V2 were actually binding and my rear right were making noises also but I just had my guy raise the rear up one full turn and the noise disappeared. They ride oem and am happy now. I believe they had a bad batch and haven't heard any negative comments lately. Personally I think the M3 doesn't behave well at very low settings but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback so i assume the V2 were their extra low springs and V1 was their original kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:32 PM   #25
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback so i assume the V2 were their extra low springs and V1 was their original kit.
Correct, I just had changed out the springs only and perch was not changed.
04 BMW X5
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 09:12 AM   #26
Chad11491
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
so does Eibach make a specific front spring only Pro Kit or you guys are buying the full kit and just installing the front springs? I never even thought of this as an option but does it feel normal and balanced using a progressive front spring with the stock rear springs?
Eibach’s kit is a front only spring set. Everyone that’s running them say they ride and handle just like stock. I have a set waiting to go on soon. I picked them specifically because I really liked the way the car drove as is, and just want to reduce the giant front gap and didn’t want to slam the car where any of the tires are tucked. That’s just not the look I like.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #27
GarageMonsterM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad11491 View Post
Eibach’s kit is a front only spring set. Everyone that’s running them say they ride and handle just like stock. I have a set waiting to go on soon. I picked them specifically because I really liked the way the car drove as is, and just want to reduce the giant front gap and didn’t want to slam the car where any of the tires are tucked. That’s just not the look I like.
wow thats neat do you happen to know the part number of the front only kit i called TireRack before and they had no idea what I was talking about. I might even consider HR standard kit as i love how the ride height looks with those springs but concerned they may be harsh
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 01:14 PM   #28
Chad11491
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
wow thats neat do you happen to know the part number of the front only kit i called TireRack before and they had no idea what I was talking about. I might even consider HR standard kit as i love how the ride height looks with those springs but concerned they may be harsh
Its not available in the US. I think Eibach USA and Eibach Europe are separate. I asked Eibach USA about the kit a year ago and they did the same thing, saying no products available for the M3/4

P/N: E10-20-049-01-20 for the springs.

I got them from R44 during their Black Friday sale. Was about 230 shipped to the US.
https://usd.r44performance.com/produ...springs-m3-g80

I like how the H&R Sports sit, too. I just worried they might be bouncy as some have said the super sports are.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #29
GarageMonsterM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Its not available in the US. I think Eibach USA and Eibach Europe are separate. I asked Eibach USA about the kit a year ago and they did the same thing, saying no products available for the M3/4

P/N: E10-20-049-01-20 for the springs.

I got them from R44 during their Black Friday sale. Was about 230 shipped to the US.
https://usd.r44performance.com/produ...springs-m3-g80

I like how the H&R Sports sit, too. I just worried they might be bouncy as some have said the super sports are.

thanks for sharing called Eibach at lunch they were like clueless to this.
Do you have any good photos to share on your car and does the front have any change compared the original springs and did yours settle over time?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 02:17 PM   #30
Chad11491
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Do you have any good photos to share on your car and does the front have any change compared the original springs and did yours settle over time?
I haven’t put them on yet, I just got them a week ago and our second kid arrived earlier than expected a few days ago so I haven’t had the chance to put them on yet. I’ll be sure to update with pics and impressions after they’re on.
Appreciate 1
ManQso94.50
      12-16-2022, 06:04 PM   #31
ManQso
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
See page 1 of the thread. I posted two photos of the front only kit on my car.

The car settled overnight after I picked it up. Was pretty quick to settle and looks so much better, ride is absolutely OEM.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 07:20 PM   #32
ManQso
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
I haven’t put them on yet, I just got them a week ago and our second kid arrived earlier than expected a few days ago so I haven’t had the chance to put them on yet. I’ll be sure to update with pics and impressions after they’re on.
Congrats on the baby!
Appreciate 2
Chad11491214.00
JDUNITNOW3526.50
      12-17-2022, 07:01 AM   #33
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Running MSS v2 with no issues for the last 10 months with FC 15mm spacers all around. The ride is slightly stiffer (to be expected) over shitty roads in NJ. I run it in Sport setting which seems to handle the bumps better. Had it on track 3-4 times with this setup as well and car feels great.

I got my kit from XPH around the time they introduced V2 and have had no binding or any issues but several others have. Appears to be a bad batch somewhere with possibly wrong spring rates. I believe they have fixed this now. I also do not have the car slammed down so I do not technically need the extra low. It just happened to be the kit that was available when I ordered.
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3526.50
      12-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #34
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
Running MSS v2 with no issues for the last 10 months with FC 15mm spacers all around. The ride is slightly stiffer (to be expected) over shitty roads in NJ. I run it in Sport setting which seems to handle the bumps better. Had it on track 3-4 times with this setup as well and car feels great.

I got my kit from XPH around the time they introduced V2 and have had no binding or any issues but several others have. Appears to be a bad batch somewhere with possibly wrong spring rates. I believe they have fixed this now. I also do not have the car slammed down so I do not technically need the extra low. It just happened to be the kit that was available when I ordered.
Me either, once I switched to v1, NY height was perfect again. I just had my rear readjusted last week and all is good.
04 BMW X5
Appreciate 1