Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin V8 Vantage, M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmalho2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CysVet View Post
Such a small world! What's your spec? I'm thinking they must not have gotten much in the way of allocations with the transition to the '23 model year.
I know right! I was #16 a few weeks back, and then I dropped to #15 within 2 weeks. I am hoping I can at least get an allocation by the end of the year.

So I am already going back and forth with my spec tbh; I think I am going with:

BSM Color
Double Spoke Black Wheels
Fiona Red Bucket Seats or Fiona Red Seats with Ventilated Seats (TBD)
Laserlights
Executive Package
Driving Assistance
Parking Assistance

I personally don't care about the Carbon Exterior Package, I feel it is overpriced and there are some decent aftermarket parts if I wanted to add them on later on.

Growing up, I always wanted an M3 and now is my chance... even though I work from home and will only putting 5K miles on it a year. I might keep this car for a very long time, who knows....
Congratulations on finally being able to get your dream car! (And great spec by the way!)These cars seem incredible, so I'm excited to put as many miles as I can on mine! I'm going with IOMG, and I flip flop weekly between tartuffo and silverstone for the interior. Have you sat in the carbon buckets? I'm a big guy (6'2", 275) and had a hard time getting in and out when I sat in them at the chicago auto show.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #24
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Congratulations on finally being able to get your dream car! (And great spec by the way!)These cars seem incredible, so I'm excited to put as many miles as I can on mine! I'm going with IOMG, and I flip flop weekly between tartuffo and silverstone for the interior. Have you sat in the carbon buckets? I'm a big guy (6'2", 275) and had a hard time getting in and out when I sat in them at the chicago auto show.
I haven't sat in them personally yet, but I have heard the same if you are tall it can be a pain. Luckily, I am 5'10"

No recent allocations at Bill Jacobs. Still #15 on the list.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:43 PM   #25
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I haven't sat in them personally yet, but I have heard the same if you are tall it can be a pain. Luckily, I am 5'10"

No recent allocations at Bill Jacobs. Still #15 on the list.
Bummer, it looks like the august allocations already dropped. Here's to hoping there's some movement in September!

I forgot to ask, are you getting a M3 or M4?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #26
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bummer, it looks like the august allocations already dropped. Here's to hoping there's some movement in September!

I forgot to ask, are you getting a M3 or M4?
M3
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 07:00 PM   #27
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

So one of the Bill Jacobs Sales Rep just called me. They have a M4 2023 available if anyone is interested. I’m sure someone will jump on this pretty quickly.

Kwaku is the Sales Rep I have been working with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 09:41 PM   #28
turbobevo
Rep
Drives: M4C (F82)

Placed my deposit on 12/19 for a ‘23 (wanted the LCI) M3CX. Just got a call yesterday of an allocation. Status 112.

Super excited!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 07:57 AM   #29
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobevo View Post
Placed my deposit on 12/19 for a '23 (wanted the LCI) M3CX. Just got a call yesterday of an allocation. Status 112.

Super excited!
That's crazy man, I remember before I moved I put down an order in December and my CA told me there were already like 17 people on the WL. It's cool that they got through that initial list relatively quickly
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 09:23 AM   #30
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobevo View Post
Placed my deposit on 12/19 for a '23 (wanted the LCI) M3CX. Just got a call yesterday of an allocation. Status 112.

Super excited!
Congratulations! Any idea how many people were on the waitlist when you put down your deposit?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #31
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

So I spoke to my sales advisor just a few minutes via email and it seems like they got a good amount of allocations for September and I might have a chance of getting an allocation next month.

Anyone else get bumped up high? He didn’t tell me exactly if I went from 15 to a specific number.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #32
reNT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
So one of the Bill Jacobs Sales Rep just called me. They have a M4 2023 available if anyone is interested. I’m sure someone will jump on this pretty quickly.

Kwaku is the Sales Rep I have been working with.
Indeed, it's in my garage now. Everyone is waiting on the m3, and I was one of those people as well but then was offered this and figured I should pull the trigger vs waiting indefinitely for the four door version. Have no regrets, the car is plenty practical, the trunk is huge and with the seats folded down I can fit everything I'd ever need in it. I feel like the perceived practicality benefit of the m3 over the 4 is somewhat overrated. The rear wheel arches do look cool though, so there is that.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      09-06-2022, 11:47 AM   #33
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
So I spoke to my sales advisor just a few minutes via email and it seems like they got a good amount of allocations for September and I might have a chance of getting an allocation next month.

Anyone else get bumped up high? He didn't tell me exactly if I went from 15 to a specific number.
Just heard from my sales advisor. I'm #4 on the list. They got 8 allocations last month!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 03:49 PM   #34
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just heard from my sales advisor. I'm #4 on the list. They got 8 allocations last month!
Got it, so I should be #5 since I’m right behind you! Or at least I can hope.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 11:10 PM   #35
rokchp
Rep
Drives: M3 TBD

Patrick BMW (Schaumburg) received 5 allocations last Thu 9/1. Not sure what the wait list is now.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 11:22 AM   #36
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone hear from Orland Park BMW?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #37
Discstu347
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi/porsche

Quote:

Silent since they took my deposit..I have an allocation from out of state but haven't cancelled this one and using it as a back up
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 05:57 PM   #38
Joshua_J0
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i xDrive

Anyone else on the list for Fields in Northfield?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 07:05 PM   #39
Leindurstit
Gray Creature
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Put deposit down April 2022, radio silence since on a G80 xDrive. Starting to regret this a bit as they seem to deal in M8s and X3s exclusively it seems...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 02:11 PM   #40
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

So I got an email this morning from the SA from Bill Jacobs stating:

"Thank you for ordering your BMW M3 with us. We are still keeping an eye on your order status. I will reach out when I get an update."

I responded back with, hey thanks, I have a change to the build that I submitted 3 months ago, here is the updated build code. Also, where am I on the waiting list? Do I have a chance for an allocation next month?

"Thank you for the updated order. I will save this in your file. The order bank is no longer arranged in order of the oldest to newest anymore but a little more digging shows that you are next in line to get the M3 Comp xDrive Allocation. We should have an allocation for you next month."

My question to the audience: Does this response make sense to any of you all? I am just a little weary especially with what has happened to other forum members such as MassComp recently with their allocations or orders getting taken away...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #41
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

CysVet Are you still in line?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 02:20 PM   #42
curd
Rep
Drives: Bronco

Quote:

"Thank you for ordering your BMW M3 with us. We are still keeping an eye on your order status. I will reach out when I get an update."

I responded back with, hey thanks, I have a change to the build that I submitted 3 months ago, here is the updated build code. Also, where am I on the waiting list? Do I have a chance for an allocation next month?

"Thank you for the updated order. I will save this in your file. The order bank is no longer arranged in order of the oldest to newest anymore but a little more digging shows that you are next in line to get the M3 Comp xDrive Allocation. We should have an allocation for you next month."

My question to the audience: Does this response make sense to any of you all? I am just a little weary especially with what has happened to other forum members such as MassComp recently with their allocations or orders getting taken away...
Sounds like they could be giving you the run around considering it's been 3 months already, but they could just do more volume than my dealership.

I inquired about an M3XC allocation at Barrington Motorwerks at the end of last month, after a good friend of mine told me he wasn't able to get me an allocation with them. Fast forward to this past Friday & I already have my production number & it is scheduled for production status.

Some dealerships may be giving priority to cars that are higher in MSRP value which could be the case. My SA at Motorwerks told me I got in ahead of 7 other people for whatever reason. I have specced everything aside from CCB & driver assistance package & also went Frozen Portimao.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 03:13 PM   #43
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by curd View Post
Sounds like they could be giving you the run around considering it's been 3 months already, but they could just do more volume than my dealership.

I inquired about an M3XC allocation at Barrington Motorwerks at the end of last month, after a good friend of mine told me he wasn't able to get me an allocation with them. Fast forward to this past Friday & I already have my production number & it is scheduled for production status.

Some dealerships may be giving priority to cars that are higher in MSRP value which could be the case. My SA at Motorwerks told me I got in ahead of 7 other people for whatever reason. I have specced everything aside from CCB & driver assistance package & also went Frozen Portimao.

Interesting! I am coming in at 94K MSRP... how high do I need I go? . They do a ton of volume and I believe they are the biggest in the midwest, I think they had 7-8 allocations on 9/1 since August was pretty dry for every dealer.

Last edited by vmalho2; 09-20-2022 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #44
CysVet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

It'll be interesting to see if I get an allocation next month since we've been neighbors on the wait list! I haven't heard anything from my salesperson.
Appreciate 0