home
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

01-16-2024, 05:00 PM   #1
BrantMS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi Rs3 8v, Bmw M2 comp f87

High horsepower wheel setups?

Hello I am reaching out to start looking into options for wheels for both the G80/G82 M3/M4 platform. I plan to make my own set of wheels.

I have lots of designs I would like to try out however I will have to get them tested to make sure they can sustain the abuse wheels see. (This isn't my first time making wheels).

Unfortunately I do not own the G80 platform for sizing and fitting the car myself. So I'm reaching out to see what specs others are having the most success with.

I'm mainly interested in high horsepower setups such as weekend drag racing, or high hp street cars. I have the option to make them with or without a bead lock setup. (If anyone is running bead locks on their own cars some sizing on what wheels you're currently running would be amazing).

I'm mainly looking for the most common width, diameter, and offsets that have had the most success.

How common is it to have issues with the brake calipers interfering with the wheels?

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Also I am scouring the web for more information myself. But again I'd like to hear from people that are running it themselves. What would you change about your current setup if you were able to? (would love to see photos of your setups)!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0