BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-29-2023, 05:31 PM   #89
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleyu059 View Post
Wild Rose Leader is shown on NYK Asian Pacific schedule. But it does show the stop at Port Hueneme on 7/29 on the schedule.
There u go!! Thanks !!
Hopefully the M4s get picked up !!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 05:55 PM   #90
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I'm wondering if Rose is maybe just dropping off Japanese cars in Germany, rather than picking up.

But even then, it would make sense to load some up too if they're all going to Hueneme anyways but who knows...
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #91
FromCamryToG80
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g80

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
I hope so man. I need it in time for an event!

That's gonna be a sick build dude, you better post pictures when you get it! Here's my build sheet, easier than typing it all out. Plus I have a bunch of exterior carbon parts I bought (front splitter, canards, ducktail, grille), and I'm wrapping it with a stealth ppf so it'll be matte black!
Holy shit man! That thing is an absolute beast! Send pics as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 10:34 PM   #92
Type M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M4CX On Order

I know BMW could care less about me but if I'm still in Germany on July 15th which would be a month at Port after ALL these ships have come and gone... I'm walking away. I'm settling for this M4 because I can't afford the 911 I want right now anyway. This is coming from a BMW fanboy who since 2015 has had a M235i, 2x M3s, a M4, a M2 Competition, and a X3M Competition. Maybe BMW will do me a solid and force me to save up a little longer and get into an actual 911 or a C8 Z06 once the local Chevy dealers pull their heads out of their asses...
Appreciate 2
kgelfen3602215.50
Casone238527.50
      06-29-2023, 10:41 PM   #93
Hxngs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Lmk what your order is and I’ll let y’all know if I see it on a truck
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 03:27 AM   #94
FromCamryToG80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxngs View Post
Lmk what your order is and I’ll let y’all know if I see it on a truck
Do you mean on a boat?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 09:01 AM   #95
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the Market 4 G80

well I Checked this Morning and am still sitting at the port, so I guess I have really joined our M4 family since all my fellow M3's left me behind
      06-30-2023, 10:50 AM   #96
Hxngs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCamryToG80 View Post
Do you mean on a boat?
They get unloaded from the boat. Driven to a bmw facility then put on trucks.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 11:24 AM   #97
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am still very confused what u even talking about?
Are u suggesting u work where the cars get unloaded?
Or just making a joke?
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 01:46 PM   #98
FromCamryToG80
Private
Rep

Quote:
I’m 30 days away from that sadly but may take you up on it then
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 06:30 PM   #99
Hxngs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCamryToG80 View Post
I’m 30 days away from that sadly but may take you up on it then
Lmk. Last one I saw that was in here was that gentian blue G80 m3.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2023, 11:03 PM   #100
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

M4nication Was bored tonight so I ran a forum search for Zeebrugge. Based on chatter from previous weeks it seems highly probable that our M4s are sitting there vs Bremerhaven. IF this is true, the action days for us this week will start tomorrow July 2nd with the Theben arriving at Zeebrugge, next will be the Centaurus Leader arriving on Monday, July 3rd, and lastly the Demeter Leader arriving on Tuesday, July 4th. IF we are not on these ships... yeah... they might as well have crashed our cars racing... I already told my rep that if I'm still at Port on July 15th with no explanation why and no assignment of a ship... I'm out...
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2023, 11:13 PM   #101
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type M View Post
M4nication Was bored tonight so I ran a forum search for Zeebrugge. Based on chatter from previous weeks it seems highly probable that our M4s are sitting there vs Bremerhaven. IF this is true, the action days for us this week will start tomorrow July 2nd with the Theben arriving at Zeebrugge, next will be the Centaurus Leader arriving on Monday, July 3rd, and lastly the Demeter Leader arriving on Tuesday, July 4th. IF we are not on these ships... yeah... they might as well have crashed our cars racing... I already told my rep that if I'm still at Port on July 15th with no explanation why and no assignment of a ship... I'm out...
Isn’t Wild Rose leader there now ?
Appreciate 3
      07-01-2023, 11:16 PM   #102
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's... Extremely useful to know. Very interesting. As kgelfen360 said, Wild Rose Leader is one that's there right now. So that's another one for us. If we miss all 4 of those, I think I'd blow a gasket lol
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 12:20 PM   #103
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

so i found this post that kinda clears things up .....a little, from what am gathering even if it shows us at port you could be at the distribution center and not at an actual port, so if it shows in tranist again then its going from the Distro Center to the port and then on a ship to start the trip, so call your CA and find out where it is, Is it at their actual port or at the Distro Center

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1924573
      07-02-2023, 04:50 PM   #104
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
so i found this post that kinda clears things up .....a little, from what am gathering even if it shows us at port you could be at the distribution center and not at an actual port, so if it shows in tranist again then its going from the Distro Center to the port and then on a ship to start the trip, so call your CA and find out where it is, Is it at their actual port or at the Distro Center

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1924573
Sigh..... ok... first off, thank you for this information and please understand what I vent next is not directed at you. I'm just extremely frustrated..

To all the people that are like call the Genius or ask your CA this and that.... with all due respect, they do not have any more information than what is showing in tracking. The exception being once you are in transit they can tell you what ship you're on. OH BUT WAIT... you have to wait a certain time because if you call right away they won't know shit either. This is my gripe. BMW why half ass this? Just cut off all tracking ability for your customer if you're going to just half ass this shit. You're telling me right now that BMW doesn't know what ship my M4 is supposed to be on and when that ship is due to Port? Really? I don't believe that because if that was true, well then fuck me what the fuck am I doing giving a company like that my business. Ok, so if BMW does know what stupid ass ship my car is supposed to be on... then just fucking show it in the fucking tracker... what the fuck do you have a tracker for then? To all the people who say, well they won't because there can be delays and all that other bullshit. Once again, show a fucking estimate subject to change with delays and just update that stupid shit. We live in fucking 2023 not in the fucking 1950s with no internet...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 05:02 PM   #105
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Honestly, reading this makes me hate BMW even more. At this point I do hope my M4 is still "At Port" on July 15th so I just walk away...

Let me get this straight. So BMW.... you have 2 cars that need to go to the same Port in the USA... Car 1 is made and probably sent to a distribution center where it needs to wait to get assigned a ship... Car 2 is made after Car 1 and goes straight from the factory to the Port and hops on a ship. Car 1's intended owner can then just go fuck themselves for weeks or months... I mean who the fuck doesn't think this is awesome....
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      07-02-2023, 05:45 PM   #106
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Honestly, reading this makes me hate BMW even more. At this point I do hope my M4 is still "At Port" on July 15th so I just walk away...

Let me get this straight. So BMW.... you have 2 cars that need to go to the same Port in the USA... Car 1 is made and probably sent to a distribution center where it needs to wait to get assigned a ship... Car 2 is made after Car 1 and goes straight from the factory to the Port and hops on a ship. Car 1's intended owner can then just go fuck themselves for weeks or months... I mean who the fuck doesn't think this is awesome....
You could order 2 cars on the same day, with the exact same spec, and they could arrive days, weeks, or even a month apart.

I had a friend order a White G80, manual with black extended. His only option was laserlights. The car sat in quality control, for over 50 days. I ordered every option, except carbon buckets, and my car was delivered in 97 days, in Ca. Ship time was 28 days.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 05:51 PM   #107
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sigh..... ok... first off, thank you for this information and please understand what I vent next is not directed at you. I'm just extremely frustrated..

To all the people that are like call the Genius or ask your CA this and that.... with all due respect, they do not have any more information than what is showing in tracking. The exception being once you are in transit they can tell you what ship you're on. OH BUT WAIT... you have to wait a certain time because if you call right away they won't know shit either. This is my gripe. BMW why half ass this? Just cut off all tracking ability for your customer if you're going to just half ass this shit. You're telling me right now that BMW doesn't know what ship my M4 is supposed to be on and when that ship is due to Port? Really? I don't believe that because if that was true, well then fuck me what the fuck am I doing giving a company like that my business. Ok, so if BMW does know what stupid ass ship my car is supposed to be on... then just fucking show it in the fucking tracker... what the fuck do you have a tracker for then? To all the people who say, well they won't because there can be delays and all that other bullshit. Once again, show a fucking estimate subject to change with delays and just update that stupid shit. We live in fucking 2023 not in the fucking 1950s with no internet...
Quote:

So pretty much from the research I have done, now I only can share what I find. Is it outdated? Is it correct ? Am unsure but like all of you am waiting for mine to get here as well. Now my CA told me I should see my car by the end of August to the Beginning of September, so am not upset just yet. I have called the genius and yes it can get confusing it for me it will be worth the wait.

I do understand the frustration as my car was built with others on this thread and they are on boats already, but again I think this is all part of it and from what I understand BMW does not run the shipping and are held up by those companies

Best of luck to all . Personally am going to hold out for a while
      07-02-2023, 07:07 PM   #108
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dude it’s gonna happen this week. I know it will with 3/4 different ships. U gonna be on it.
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2023, 08:14 PM   #109
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Dude it’s gonna happen this week. I know it will with 3/4 different ships. U gonna be on it.
If it doesn't it think I'll pop a blood vessel lol
Appreciate 1
Type M168.50
      07-03-2023, 01:09 PM   #110
kyleyu059
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Wild Rose Leader has left Zeebrugge, heading back to Germany to Emden maybe picking up more cars?