home
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

01-11-2024, 07:39 AM   #1
AiBiasEdi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Noobie here.

I recently got a 2024 m3 base with p zero tires and am in the process of buying two 20" 825m with Michelin tires.

Will any issues be running with 20 " Square (rear wheels)?

I know this might sound stupid but is it okay to run Michelin tires in the front and P Zero in the back? (I will replace to the same tire brand in a few months)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 11:56 AM   #2
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
No issues running 20” square except for maybe minor rubbing on the plastic fins of the front wheel arches when backing up and turning the wheel. This also depends on lowered height and spacers if used. I currently run 20” squared on m perf HAS and 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers. Should be no issue running 2 separate tire brands but is obviously not ideal.

You can check out images of this and several other members installs by searching the forum as there’s several current threads for this along with how to cure/eliminate the rubbing.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2024, 12:36 PM   #3
AiBiasEdi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops23 View Post
No issues running 20” square except for maybe minor rubbing on the plastic fins of the front wheel arches when backing up and turning the wheel. This also depends on lowered height and spacers if used. I currently run 20” squared on m perf HAS and 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers. Should be no issue running 2 separate tire brands but is obviously not ideal.

You can check out images of this and several other members installs by searching the forum as there’s several current threads for this along with how to cure/eliminate the rubbing.
Thank you for responding. I do plan on running spacers but will hold off after driving around with 20" square for a bit.

I also plan on purchasing m perf has and having my local performance shop install it. Do you know if I need BMW do install it? Leaning this route because of warranty. Do you mind sharing the the drop height? Is it 10mm/10mm per BMW recommendation?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      01-11-2024, 01:26 PM   #4
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Its a max of 20mm for m perf HAS. Really up to your preference… I’m 20 in rear and 15mm in front. Tons of info here Limegrntaln
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30803273

As far as warranty goes and this is debatable, your warranty should not be affected whether BMW installs, DIY, or reputable shop so long as it’s correctly installed.

My recommendation would be to find a local Independant shop that performs maintenance and service on BMW’s over the dealer just due to pricing, but everyone has their thoughts and opinion on this. I would assume Houston has their fair share of choices compared to where I’m at!
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2024, 04:31 PM   #5
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiBiasEdi View Post
Thank you for responding. I do plan on running spacers but will hold off after driving around with 20" square for a bit.

I also plan on purchasing m perf has and having my local performance shop install it. Do you know if I need BMW do install it? Leaning this route because of warranty. Do you mind sharing the the drop height? Is it 10mm/10mm per BMW recommendation?
This should answer your questions about you using a facility other than the dealer. The only thing I would caution against, is, to make sure the facility has the funds and means to cover anything that may go wrong, or you could land yourself in court, trying to fight to get something repaired, that went wrong.

Stay away from places like "Tire Queen" or something similar, that operates out of an old gas station, and only sells used tires, and runs out to your car in the parking lot, with a floor jack to change your tires.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1