home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

01-31-2022, 10:57 PM   #23
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Thumbs up Detailer's Domain

my car went from the dealer directly to Detailer's Domain (i live 6 hours away). you can check out the details in my thread >> https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1572955

You can also view the IG stories >> https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...0428306250600/

Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #24
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

All depends where you're at and where you're willing to go to.

If you're in North Jersey and need something kind of local, go see Phil Detailers Domain - he does truly outstanding work, the shop is gorgeous, he's a great guy and never seems to forget a customer - even after a few years. His guidance and product availability are also top notch - he's got the reputation he does for good reason and hard work.

If you're more central or south and don't want to drive too far, go see Nick at Abuff and Beyond. Very similar experience and positives to all I stated about Phil above.

For this type of work, you should expect to pay for quality. I could have gotten my PPF done for about 1,000 less all in at some no name shop (that may not even exist 3 or 4 years later) than Phil and the staff over at Detailers Domain did it for me back in 2015 - but the final product and it's longevity are well worth the delta to me.

One more thing, if your detailer recommends extra PPF and you think it's just an upsell/cash-grab; it's probably not. They see the cars frequently, know the trouble or debris areas, and honestly - probably want to save themselves future work to fix paint damage caused by an owner being penny wise but pound foolish.

If I had listened to Phil all those years back, I would have fully ppf'd the rear quarters and the full roof - saving myself a good bit of annoyance now many years later.

Detailers Domain F80

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 3
      02-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #25
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post

If you're in North Jersey and need something kind of local, go see Phil Detailers Domain - he does truly outstanding work, the shop is gorgeous, he's a great guy and never seems to forget a customer - even after a few years. His guidance and product availability are also top notch - he's got the reputation he does for good reason and hard work.

If you're more central or south and don't want to drive too far, go see Nick at Abuff and Beyond. Very similar experience and positives to all I stated about Phil above.

For this type of work, you should expect to pay for quality. I could have gotten my PPF done for about 1,000 less all in at some no name shop (that may not even exist 3 or 4 years later) than Phil and the staff over at Detailers Domain did it for me back in 2015 - but the final product and it's longevity are well worth the delta to me.

One more thing, if your detailer recommends extra PPF and you think it's just an upsell/cash-grab; it's probably not. They see the cars frequently, know the trouble or debris areas, and honestly - probably want to save themselves future work to fix paint damage caused by an owner being penny wise but pound foolish.

If I had listened to Phil all those years back, I would have fully ppf'd the rear quarters and the full roof - saving myself a good bit of annoyance now many years later.

Detailers Domain F80
The less you want to take care of the car, the more PPF you'll end up doing. More PPF = less worrying.
      02-04-2022, 01:50 PM   #26
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Quote:

Detailers Domain F80
The less you want to take care of the car, the more PPF you'll end up doing. More PPF = less worrying.
I'm not so sure I agree with this. It's not about "take care". There are so many things out of our control; any of them could result in damage that may or may not be prevented by the ppf.

Story time; 3 weeks after picking my car up from Phil I was going under an overpass in a construction zone. A large rock dropped from the overpass onto my hood. Ppf on the hood was punctured. Shit happens. It was removed, assessed, and replaced.

Same week I started to notice pock-marking above the factory ppf on the rear haunches. Damage already done. What can I do about that now?

Should've ppfd the whole rear quarter and I wouldn't be here now for story time.

My car gets basically a full detail 1.5 times a month in the March —> October window. Anyone who's ever seen it will say "I take care of it". The ppf has nothing to do with my maintenance or cleaning routines, if that makes sense.

ED Recap
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:10 PM   #27
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Detailers Domain F80
I'm not so sure I agree with this. It's not about "take care". There are so many things out of our control; any of them could result in damage that may or may not be prevented by the ppf.

Story time; 3 weeks after picking my car up from Phil I was going under an overpass in a construction zone. A large rock dropped from the overpass onto my hood. Ppf on the hood was punctured. Shit happens. It was removed, assessed, and replaced.

Same week I started to notice pock-marking above the factory ppf on the rear haunches. Damage already done. What can I do about that now?

Should've ppfd the whole rear quarter and I wouldn't be here now for story time.

My car gets basically a full detail 1.5 times a month in the March —> October window. Anyone who's ever seen it will say "I take care of it". The ppf has nothing to do with my maintenance or cleaning routines, if that makes sense.
Freak accidents are freak accidents. PPF or not.

My statement stands to support the fact that you don't really need to worry about if a bird takes massive dump on your hood when it's sitting out in the sun. Or when you're doing a spirited on-ramp sprint and you hear a couple of little pecks from the road because you know there's PPF by your wheel arches and side skirts so that you're at least protected there.

So yeah, I worried less when Phil XPEL'd my entire f95. Less maintenance meaning I'm not freaking out to spray down avian diarrhea so it doesn't etch the paint, and other instances. If I hire a mobile guy who's using mystery towels (hopefully new) I'm not worried about the clear coat getting swirled up, I'm not going to inspect the paint in the sun and decide I'm gonna need to wheel out some fresh spiderwebs.

Freak shit occurs regardless, but I'll take chances of full PPF vs not. My f85 had a rock go straight through the edge by the shut line of my hood and grill, but it's an unfortunate freak occurrence. Otherwise the rest of the car for 4 years the PPF did great.

So yeah… I'm sure it's less about "taking care" of the paint after it goes through daily occurrences of shit and road debris. It's a condom for your paint. If you're anal about it, do the whole car.
      02-05-2022, 12:43 AM   #28
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Freak shit occurs regardless, but I'll take chances of full PPF vs not. My f85 had a rock go straight through the edge by the shut line of my hood and grill, but it's an unfortunate freak occurrence. Otherwise the rest of the car for 4 years the PPF did great.
couldn't agree more!

ED Recap
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 01:47 PM   #29
barzzzznj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

How do you get in touch with Detailers Domain? I tried to call multiple times and submitted a quote request on their site, no response.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #30
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzzzznj View Post
How do you get in touch with Detailers Domain? I tried to call multiple times and submitted a quote request on their site, no response.
Easy drop me a call I haven’t seen anything come by yet

My email is phil@detailersdomain.com
Appreciate 0