BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-12-2024, 05:09 PM   #67
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
That's normal. You'll get light malfunction errors whenever you code FLM2. Turning off iDrive/locking the car and getting back in later will just clear the code. You can ignore it.

Anti-Dazzle is much more involved as it requires VO coding as well (the codes that you see in your car specs, one of them is decoding anti-dazzle for the US market, that's what you remove) along with some additional FA coding.

I can send you some documentation via PM but it's not for the faint of heart.
The issue is with that as well, is that the amber corners still seemed to be on as well. So I had the warning light and the ambers still on. I'll try it again tonight and follow the whole locking the car and whatnot to see if that fixes it.

Can I just use bimmerutiliy for the anti-dazzle? Or do I need to download other stuff as well?

Also yes, I'll take a copy of those docs please
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 03:17 AM   #68
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's normal. You'll get light malfunction errors whenever you code FLM2. Turning off iDrive/locking the car and getting back in later will just clear the code. You can ignore it.

Anti-Dazzle is much more involved as it requires VO coding as well (the codes that you see in your car specs, one of them is decoding anti-dazzle for the US market, that's what you remove) along with some additional FA coding.

I can send you some documentation via PM but it's not for the faint of heart.
Also I did exactly what you mentioned here. Coded the lights, locked the car and left it forna few hours. Came back, coded popped up within 5 seconds of the car turning on, with the ambers still on. I also attached a picture of how I did the coding, which to my knowledge is correct.

So I'm kinda stuck at square one trying to figure out what I'm doing/did wrong here... Any suggestions from you guys?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 10:04 AM   #69
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
Also I did exactly what you mentioned here. Coded the lights, locked the car and left it forna few hours. Came back, coded popped up within 5 seconds of the car turning on, with the ambers still on. I also attached a picture of how I did the coding, which to my knowledge is correct.

So I'm kinda stuck at square one trying to figure out what I'm doing/did wrong here... Any suggestions from you guys?
You're changing the wrong settings. You need to look for LM03_DUTY_CYCLE_BINNING_CLASS you're changing LM03_CURRENT_BINNING
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 12:47 PM   #70
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're changing the wrong settings. You need to look for LM03_DUTY_CYCLE_BINNING_CLASS you're changing LM03_CURRENT_BINNING
..... Idk how I missed that. I'll report back
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 04:53 PM   #71
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Quote:
..... Idk how I missed that. I'll report back
In the search just look up duty and they are there ......
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:58 PM   #72
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyM4 View Post
In the search just look up duty and they are there ......
Yes I found them right away. It's more that I did the wrong LM03.

Oh boy, doing the anti-dazzle is gonna be fun. Which speaking of that. I obviously have Bimmerutiliy, do I need the ESYS and PSDZ stuff as well? Or should just Bimmerutiliy standalone be enough to do what I need for anti-dazzle? I've heard you can 100% do it in just Bimmerutiliy, but other people say you need the full ESYS program downloaded as well
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4194.50
      04-14-2024, 09:22 AM   #73
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes I found them right away. It's more that I did the wrong LM03.

Oh boy, doing the anti-dazzle is gonna be fun. Which speaking of that. I obviously have Bimmerutiliy, do I need the ESYS and PSDZ stuff as well? Or should just Bimmerutiliy standalone be enough to do what I need for anti-dazzle? I've heard you can 100% do it in just Bimmerutiliy, but other people say you need the full ESYS program downloaded as well
I did it and it works fine I have no issues the lights work less sensitive with the last part of coding done in bimmerutility
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 05:14 PM   #74
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did it and it works fine I have no issues the lights work less sensitive with the last part of coding done in bimmerutility
That's good to know. I shot you a message dude. I want to try to tackle this. If it's just BinmerCode and BimmerUtility, I can definitely do it no issue
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4194.50
      04-17-2024, 12:57 AM   #75
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's good to know. I shot you a message dude. I want to try to tackle this. If it's just BinmerCode and BimmerUtility, I can definitely do it no issue
I shoot you the coding tomorrow been crazy busy
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2024, 01:12 AM   #76
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I shoot you the coding tomorrow been crazy busy
Thanks dude.

I THINK I got it done. I FA edited the 5AP out in BimmerUtility, which then BU said it would need to "reset" the BDC module to account for that when VO coding. Which I did. And upon checking ESYS, BU on another device, and BinmerCode, I can confirm 5AP didn't appear on any of them.

I then followed a guide for what I THINK are the correct codes. I definitely still would like to see what codes you did, to compare notes.

I know you did it through BU as well. Does the first part with the FA/VO I did sound correct?
Appreciate 1
thatguyM4194.50
      04-24-2024, 03:10 PM   #77
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Due to a accident, I swapped my headlights for a set of genuine Euro spec headlights. The dealer got the headlights to work, so everything functions fine now. But I get the FRONT SIDE MARKER LIGHTS MALFUNCTION message, and the dealer can't get rid of it just because of being the Euro spec headlights and they simply do not have the physical bulb for the side markers. Can anyone code this message out?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:11 PM   #78
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
Due to a accident, I swapped my headlights for a set of genuine Euro spec headlights. The dealer got the headlights to work, so everything functions fine now. But I get the FRONT SIDE MARKER LIGHTS MALFUNCTION message, and the dealer can't get rid of it just because of being the Euro spec headlights and they simply do not have the physical bulb for the side markers. Can anyone code this message out?
Have you tried doing the exact coding we're talking about a page back?
Appreciate 0